Sign in to follow this  
zinnboy

How to fix sliding watch bezel

zinnboy

Most watch bezel "fixes" on here recommend you sticking dental objects in your watch. I figured floss is for teeth so I began to do some digging and found a terribly blunt knife in my kitchen and began to remove and repair my bezel which was sliding around both directions and not ratcheting at all. (I also lost my bezel pearl). Following this video

and inserting the knife with a ziplock on the edge inbetween 1-2 hour markers and turning counterclockwise I found the bezel just come off and it was exactly the same design as in the video. The bezel spring that he removes from the second bezel doesn't have to come out, you just have to lift up the ring on the watch case and lift the little tabs back up to an angle and then press your bezel back on and turn (anti-clockwise). This is my first watch repair and I didn't really expect success at 11:15 at night so I didn't take pictures but otherwise the bezel design is identical to the one in the video.

Best of luck.

I need to source a JLC NSD bezel pearl, I've been speaking to Joran and he might have one, and if anyone conUS has one shoot me a PM and I'll PP you asap. Going to do the floss trick now as it is a little loose and I couldn't do anything about that. Remember too much floss though and you'll have to do what I did.