Sign in to follow this  
MALDONADO

Review TUDOR Black Bay, sea born Phoenix ..................

MALDONADO

Steeped in the peculiar atmosphere of a mysterious bay that slowly reveals its secrets, the new TUDOR Black Bay is a hidden treasure long time it surfaces.

02_P1060589_zpsd30669e5.jpg

He has always given great importance to the graphic symbol that usually appears next to the name of the brand in the watch. TUDOR is no exception, in fact has always paid special attention to the evolution of their logo, adapting over time to the communication needs.

01_P1060561_zps72c1f947.jpg

The Tudor Black Bay is a summary of some of the most iconic watches Tudor and historical, such as the first references 7922 and 7924 (8mm crown) and the iconic 'Snowflake' references 7016 and 7021. This Brand Tudor Black Bay, revives a long history with the world of diving.

7922-7021_zpsf482869d.jpg

Use of Tudor watches the French Navy is perhaps one of the closer cooperation between the armed forces and Tudor (Rolex). It is from 1968 to 1975 (approximately) factory Tudor Submariner Reference 7016 and 7016/0. These areas were black and were very prone to a Sebora degradation. There are very few units of these references today. This was not a problem specific to the M. N. F, as in Tudor times these units already manufactured for civilian consumption.

94010_zpsd44a7853.jpg

Between 1975 and 1979 (approx.), the Tudor Submariner MN 94010 Reference was made "Snowflake", or snowflake, nicknamed thus referring to the shape of his arrows. They had blue dials and blue bezels. The spheres were "new" generation and had already solved the problems of degradation. The snowflake design is quite classic, with the seconds hand and the square hours.

historia_zps7d931653.jpg

Presented in 2010, the model TUDOR Heritage Black Bay meets in all respects the aesthetic aspirations of the moment and is inspired by a model of diving in 1954, which evolved to the 80s. Their domed dial-a vintage detail exquisite-unpublished burgundy bezel or even his "snowflakes" needles have contributed to the popularity of this iconic model of the period that spawned the first watches..

01_P1060521_zps9ee9f531.jpg

Although you want to keep a part of the mystery of all treasure itself emerging from the seas, the Black Heritage Bay model discovers many of its secrets.

01_P1060611_zps3677b667.jpg

Starting with their inspired 1954 model-and long thin handles, worked and resized to provide a current steel case and 41mm diameter lines, and enhanced by a glass domed.

01_P1060608_zpsecf9a729.jpg

The black dial, domed also shows a large luminescent indexes for perfect visibility. As in the indexes, rose gold needles inserted some nostalgia, suggesting oxidation feature antique pieces.

01_P1060523_zps347e60aa.jpg

Original and exclusive TUDOR, burgundy colored unidirectional rotating bezel, true to the original models of the 70s - wearing a matte coating that gives it a very attractive look.

01_P1060605_zpsbfd1f8cd.jpg

replica [/ B]

Size: 41mm x 11mm

Movement: Asian 2824-2 25J automatic movement 28800vph

Case: 316L Stainless Steel 1:01

Crystal: Sapphire with AR coating curved

Dial: dial and needles Superlumed black dome shape

Bezel: Unidirectional turning

Bracelet: Stainless Steel

Clasp: flip-lock with ceramic bearings

01_P1060606_zpsfedf6119.jpg

I had the Black Bay Tudor replica wrist a few days and I'll make a short comment about my first impressions. First I could say "bumble" Gene and I can say that the replica is very high. I like a watch with history, a watch designed for a specific purpose or used during an epic and / or significant event. These watches usually have a little something extra that can not be described, which makes them more interesting than just springs cleverly geared to give time

01_P1060531_zps376c9b92.jpg

01_P1060600_zps8341d465.jpg

01_P1060625_zps81883fdf.jpg

The watch case despite being only slightly more than 10 mm high and 41 mm wide has enough presence on the wrist due to the large box style. Unlike a Rolex Submariner for example, where the box has a small curved side profile and rear lid stands, in the case of BB has an almost recessed and makes it much more comfortable on the wrist back cover, but has a thickness from about 7mm to side profile. This helps to boost its presence on the wrist while does not look too great.

--------->

01_P1060541_zps4197a746.jpg

01_P1060617_zps13490656.jpg

The gold accents dial and arrows next to the sapphire crystal, as the characteristic patina of antique clocks, which gives the watch reminiscent of the past, but all is bright, new and together with the burgundy red bezel makes this precious watch . I even like the hour hand snowflake although in principle was his biggest fan

01_P1060553_zps2b50886c.jpg

01_P1060516_zpsbf751a7c.jpg

The crown tube red anodized aluminum, which is visible between the case and crown. The polished and the 'pink' Tudor crown logo engraved and black.

01_P1060585_zpsc40c0532.jpg

The Lumen is fine, uniform, but certainly not surprising nor very durable, do not rule relumearlo.

01_P1060537_zps5d654150.jpg

The caseback Brushed and fits almost flush with the box, a signature feature of many watches Tudor. Minimally adorned with only the name of Tudor, Tudor several small logos and the words "Suisse" and "Geneve". Minimalism at its best.

01_P1060523_zps347e60aa.jpg

01_P1060514_zpsa1d274f8.jpg

Overall fit and finish is what you would expect from Tudor, ie great in all aspects. No sharp edges, nothing dirty or misaligned. Only quality all the way.

01_P1060548_zps68043ba6.jpg

01_P1060564_zpsc085375f.jpg

The Armix has threaded studs to allow deletion / addition of links for the purpose of dimensioning and three micro adjustment holes in the closure which gives a good fit cuff. The end links are attached to the watch case very accurately and there is no play or movement between the two. The clasp is a fold over design with a lock safty flip ceramic ball bearings in closing clasp and safety lock to stop accidental openings that give the bracelet a nice and solid overall feel.

01_P1060507_zpse6d111fd.jpg

caca_zpsf00945e8.jpg

In general, the Tudor Heritage Black bay is a respectful look back on the iconic Tudor watches, with enough modern touches to make it a piece of contemporary watchmaking and for many activities.

The simplicity of the watch makes it a perfect "grab and go 'watch that is functional, fashionable and perfect homage to the watchmaking heritage Tudor.

Thanks for reading ..

court

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post in what obviously is a difficult language.

Good read all the same.

Kleen™

I need me one of these...

Barth

Very nice pictorial.

Thanks !

hnic

post to remind myself to read later

nunu78

Wow, nice writeup.

Pob

I love this watch. Think i might get myself a gen lol

Libertatia

I used to masturbate over pictures of this watch for a very long time, but now the desire has gone.....

Kleen™
I used to masturbate over pictures of this watch for a very long time, but now the desire has gone.....

...so now you just look at the pictures without masturbating.

norrie

Well… If you can't finish off within five minutes then it's obviously not the watch for you.