Sign in to follow this  
Tits McGee

2813 vs Asian 2834 vs ?

Tits McGee

Looking for a bit of intelligent discussion & info about the new 2813 mvt. vs the Asian 2834. Is the Asian clone version going away?

Discuss

1littlegreen

Have yet to hold a high-beat 2813 in my hands. Personally I think they are the current scourge of repdom. TD's don't know if even they are receiving these hybrids, much less have the time to open each and every watch they source. I actually think the TD's have been hung out to dry on these. Customer pays for one movement, receives this one and is pissed. Customer then takes it out on the dealer, thinking the dealer is pulling a fast one. Dealer gets blindsided twice!

Not sure if you are meaning the A2836 Tits, but it is a superior movement to the hybrid 2813, hands down.

SSTEEL

Agree, the 2836-2 clone is a great movement, that said, the 2834-2 is also a great movement, very underrated movement actually, and is capable of housing the GMT gears for a GMT watch just like the 2836-2 :)

The 2824-2 is another great movement, the clones are so close to the real thing now, I would opt for one of these, however, the 2824-2 are getting thin on the ground these days from experience.

The SW200, and ST2130, both are very similar to the 2824-2 movement, and whilst the SW200 is a Sellita movement, it has a clone too, and the ST2131 is basinally a clone of the 2824-2 too.

Ishmael

Yikes... head... spinning...

abs0025

I'm with you there

SteveA

Is a Miyota auto movt any good,I got scammed when I bought a no date sub with high beat movt,sent to Kenny for the full treatment only to find it was a miyota

JSJ

Is a Miyota auto movt any good,I got scammed when I bought a no date sub with high beat movt,sent to Kenny for the full treatment only to find it was a miyota

Was it a Miyota high beat? I've not heard of any of those in reps.

Mike on a bike

Miyota, 8215 or 9015 either way unless you paid for Swiss better off if it was a new one.

Mike on a bike

I'm with you there

Head spinning not , guess I'm getting better at it. clap2.gif

JSJ

Miyota, 8215 or 9015 either way unless you paid for Swiss better off if it was a new one.

Mike, sure but my question was if it was high beat in the sub. I have a 9015 sitting here. It is 28,800 bph and looks very well-made indeed. The 8215 is a 21,600 bph movement.

I'm interested to know if they have started to use the 9015 in reps. The 9015 looks a very well-made movement. I would buy one in preference to many clone movements I have seen.

Tits McGee

Mike, sure but my question was if it was high beat in the sub. I have a 9015 sitting here. It is 28,800 bph and looks very well-made indeed. The 8215 is a 21,600 bph movement.

I'm interested to know if they have started to use the 9015 in reps. The 9015 looks a very well-made movement. I would buy one in preference to many clone movements I have seen.

The new 8500 PO's only come with the 8215 (low beat 21j) mvt. The 8500 PO's with a Miyota or other hi beat mvt. will be out in September.

Mike on a bike

Yes, the 9015 hacks and is high beat, better grade of Miyota. I would take a new 9015 and 8215s (A good work horse) rather then some of the junk we have been getting. I doubt we are going to see 9015's seen a lot of them in micro brands lately as ETA's can not be found (OH except for the REP factories when they want to charge more,right whistling.gif) but they get like 500 for them so I do not think they will use the 9015 for high beat offering. If they do and are new ones that is a good thing.

Hornet

Doesn't make a blind bit of difference as who knows what movement you'll get in the next rep you order, probably not what you thought.....

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1

Am I just getting bitter and cynical?

1littlegreen

Here is another view I had on the Miyota issue concerning the 2813 Hybrid. If you do get a craptacular hi-beat 2813, you can replace it with the Miyota 9XXX series and not have issues (at least it's a 'gen').

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=75606&st=0

SteveA

Mine must be the 8215 as not particularly smooth,more like the basic 21j in most of the cheapies

Barth
Mine must be the 8215 as not particularly smooth,more like the basic 21j in most of the cheapies

Good thing is, it is a very reliable work horse.

zero_deficit

I've been reading up on this issue about the new breed of high beat crap clones. Below are just some questions and things I've found out from research, can't verify the truth or accuracy behind them, but it'll be a good discussion point.

1) high beat and 28xx hands interchangeable

2) high beat stem won't fit 28xx

3) can an A/ETA 28XX be a direct swap for these clones?

4) H factory AP FC Diver might have used these crap clones

5) people have been successful in swapping out those meets inside the FC Diver for A28xx or Eta

6) BP FF, H fact SOSF, Tudor BB, some sea dwellers, H fact FC Diver, and some BP factory reps have these crap clones in them based on dealer pics and some member pics. All have been advertised as 28k bph A28XX

7) Crap clones started appearing in late 2007, slightly different than current crap clones, but still characterised by poor reliability and similar appearance to 28xx. They seemed to disappear, or at least issues surrounding them did till now. Some mention were made to it in 2013,but we're either dismissed as poor QC coming from factories making A28xx. Don't seem to find much mention of a new breed movement that is a crap clone

8) do these new breed set time like other 21js (ie. One full turn of crown = an hour)?

9) lack of available spare parts, though some parts are interchangeable with gen/A28xx - thus difficulty /impossibility of service?

10) poor build quality and reliability

11) according to some dealers, there seems to be a shortage of proper Asian clones in China. They don't know why

I really hope these new crap clones don't become the norm in reps. I love my A28xx. Reliable, cheap, serviceable, interchangeable with gen, plenty of spare parts available

Edited by zero_deficit