Sign in to follow this  
ALE7575

KW PAM532 Crown, Crown tube and Notch vs. Gen PAM 532-514-512

ALE7575

KW PAM532 Crown, Crown tube and Notch vs. Gen PAM 532-514-512

From the release by Kuvarsit of the rep KW PAM 532 Paneristi Forever there was a polemic matter about the crown tube and mainly the notch on the case around the crown tube.

I have to admit than I really thought KW PAM 532 didn’t come with a notch and I wrote in several forums that I didn’t see the notch in the pics of KW PAM 532.

It was RWI member diff the first one who said that KW came with notch and was so kind to send me some pics showing this notch. Now we can see than KW PAM 532 comes with a notch around the crown tube and we can evaluate the accuracy of the corwn, crwon tube and crown tube notch. This is the main purpose of this thread

In the same way I knew jamztio owned a Gen PAM 512 and Vbmrk owned a PAM 514. They kindly accepted to take some pics for me in order to evaluate the KW accuracy because we didn’t know the real crown system and the real notch in Gen Radiomirs 1940 PAM 532, PAM 514 and even 42mm PAM 512.

The pics of the Gen PAM 532 were taken from a specific Risti thread about PAM 532: http://www.network54...Here+it+is-+532

I didn’t want to use the pics of Panerai website because many times the pics on the web don’t be faithful with the real watches. In this case we can see that pics on the pnareai website are almost the same as the real watches.

Therefore as above said I have used for this evaluation the pics as follows:

jamztio- GEN PAM 512

Vbmrk – GEN PAM 514

diff- KW PAM 532

ATEspo- KW PAM 532 (received after the thread was published)

Risti: GEN PAM 532

http://www.network54...Here+it+is-+532

These complete pics are showed at the end of this thread.

It is very important to say than otherwise is stated in Risti, Gen PAM 532 PAM 514 and PAM 512 have all them the same system of crown and the same notch in the case. It was stated in that forum that PAM 532 had the notch and came with the crown really detached from the case in order to protect DLC coating from the movements of the crown. But we can see by the pics of real watches that everything is the same for all Radiomirs 1940 studied. Only the size of the crown tube is different, it has bigger diameter in Gen PAM 532 and 514 whereas Gen PAM 512 has a narrower crown tube. Unfortunately KW rep PAM 532 crown tube has similar diameter to PAM 512 and therefore narrower than the Gen PAM 532.

Firstly we are going to see the crown, crown tube and notch of Gen PAM 532

PAM532-corwnnotch-GENRisticopiar_zps3813122f.jpg

We can see a notch almost copying the lower shape of the crown and note the crown when completely screwed remains really detached from the case and the crown tube is completely visible, which always is a controversial matter

We can see below the pic taken by diff of his KW PAM 532 crown, crown tube and notch.

PAM532-corwnnotchfrontKWrepcopiar_zps0a1dd981.jpg

Below it is showed the perspective of the KW Notch in an enlargement from a pic taken by ATEspo.

PAM532KWNOTCH-ATESPOcopiar_zpsb0f9745b.jpg

You can see that KW Notch is not as rounded as showed in bellow comparison pics, because there are some soft corners in the inner part of the notch.

Below the comparison between Gen and rep PAM 532 with the crown unscrewed, marking in yellow the shape of the notch. The marked shape is a bit exaggerated in order to better see the differences. Gen notch really is not as squared and KW notch is actually less rounded.

PAM532-corwnnotchfrontGEN-KWcompcopiar_zps601bd7cf.jpg

It is evident that the rep notch is not as squared as Gen one, in rep is a bit rounded with smoother corners in the inner part of the notch.

The rep crown tube diameter is clearly smaller than Gen (we will see below that it is very similar to crown tube of Gen Radiomir 1940 PAM 512 of 42mm.). The length of the tube is almost the same in both watches.

The shape of the KW crown is very accurate as we can see in the comparison pic, but the Gen has sharper and more defined edges with better finish as expected.

Waiting for a better pic I have compared the GAP between crown base and case with the crown completely screwed

PAM532-CnotchtubescrewedGEN-KW_zps3203a644.jpg

Due to different angle GAP seems a bit smaller in KW rep but it is really very similar. No worries about the gap accuracy

We can see again the notch is not as squared in rep

Another pic of the KW rep GAP with the crown completely screwed, from a pic of Cpairways

PAM532-corwnscrewedKWcopiar_zps5d1ef67a.jpg

In below pics we are making a comparison of crown logos.

PAM532-CROWNLOGGEN-KWCOMPARISON-SINREF_zpsd22d7a97.jpg

Gen logo is crisper and deeper with better defined shape and contours. As other KW crown logos is less sloping than gen, and O and P of the rep logo is wider than gen, mainly the O.

In below pic we can see, marked in yellow, the differences of sloping and the width of the O and P.

PAM532-CROWNLOGGEN-KWCOMPARISON-CONREF_zpsd6e3567a.jpg

Let’s see now the pics of the jamztio’s Gen PAM 512

PAM532-corwnnotchfrontGEN512-jamztiocopiar_zps0780227f.jpg

PAM532-corwnnotchperpsGEN512-jamtziocopiar_zpsefd4e323.jpg

We can realize that the crown system is the same as PAM 532 but the crown tube has smaller diameter. The notch is very similar

PAM532-corwnnotchfrontGEN512-KWcomp-copiar_zpsca61d195.jpg

In above pic, we can see the comparison between crown of Gen PM 512 and KW PAM 532. We can see the same crown profile, the same different notch and the same difference of finish. Regarding crown tube we can see that KW rep crown tube is of similar size to Gen PAM 512 42mm., although still a bit smaller.

Below it is showed the pic of Vbmrk’s Gen Pam 514 47mm, front and back of the crown system with the crown unscrewed. We can see the same shapes and sizes as PAM 532 47mm. Even the crown tube is the same as PAM 532. Therefore no differences between PAM Radiomirs 1940 of 47mm.

PAM532-corwnnotchfront-backGEN514-Vbmrkcopiar_zpsa9d1bfc8.jpg

Just to say that above pics and remarks are made from very enlarged pics and perfectly centered to see the geometrical differences. In real size and

In the wrist those differences are much less noticeable, and KW rep remains accurate enough.

You can see below the original pics from Vbmrk, jamztio and Risti.

GEN PAM 532

PAM532GEN1_zpsf7c82fed.jpg

PAM532GEN2_zps60207597.jpg

GEN PAM 514 from Vbmrk

PAM514Vbmrk-1_zpsdadd83ad.jpg

PAM514Vbmrk-2_zpse3cf9bbc.jpg

PAM514Vbmrk-3_zps684a856e.jpg

GEN PAM 512 from jamztio

PAM512-jamztio1_zps518ce61f.jpg

PAM512-jamztio2_zps61249171.jpg

PAM512-jamztio3_zpsa02ce285.jpg

PAM512-jamztio4_zps904d9527.jpg

I hope all is clear now about this controversial matter

Thakns again to jamztio and Vbmrk for the Gen pics and to diff and ATEspo for the KW PAM 532 pics

Thanks for reading

ALE

D_Chico

Wow! Another great write up Ale! :)

I'm amazed at how much work you put into these! The info you've shared with the forums about Pam's is priceless! Great job bud thank you :)

retromech

Amazing details! Thanks for marking the photos with the relevant info!

Teddyfigo

Nice one mate ....

spursian
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ALE7575

After writing this thread ATEspo published some fantastic pics of his KW PAM 532 in the thread:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=82989

I specially like a perspective pic of the notch which shows clearly the shape of the KW notch.

PAM532KWNOTCH-ATESPO-1copiar_zps74b6637a.jpg

Below it is showed the KW Notch in an enlargement from the pic taken by ATEspo.

PAM532KWNOTCH-ATESPOcopiar_zpsb0f9745b.jpg

You can see that KW Notch is not as rounded as showed in thread’s comparison pics, because there are some soft corners in the inner part of the notch.

Comparisons between Gen and rep PAM 532 with the crown unscrewed, published in this thread, marking in yellow the shape of the notch, have a bit exaggerated this marked shape in order to better see the differences. Gen notch really is not as squared and KW notch is actually less rounded.

Therefore KW notch is really more accurate than showed in the comparison pics

I have corrected the thread accordingly to ATEspo pic

Thanks ATEspo for this useful pic

ALE

ALE7575

Wow! Another great write up Ale! :)

I'm amazed at how much work you put into these! The info you've shared with the forums about Pam's is priceless! Great job bud thank you :)

Amazing details! Thanks for marking the photos with the relevant info!

Nice one mate ....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Many thanks for your kind comments

Glad to be helpful

ALE

stormtooper4

Top post thanks for the effort you've put in here

medezonok

Thanks for the detailed review in details. It is very informative!

ALE7575

Waiting for a better pic I have compared the GAP between crown base and case with the crown completely screwed

PAM532-CnotchtubescrewedGEN-KW_zps3203a644.jpg

Due to different angle GAP seems a bit smaller in KW rep but it is really very similar. No worries about the gap accuracy

We can see again the notch is not as squared in rep

Another pic of the KW rep GAP with the crown completely screwed, from a pic of Cpairways

PAM532-corwnscrewedKWcopiar_zps5d1ef67a.jpg

ALE

Edited by ALE7575