Sign in to follow this  
baxter

New Pam 305 V2 Q series offering from ZF

baxter

Just noticed a new 305 Q is available shortly from ZF ... I had the old 305 which was lovely but not the best quality so this one promises to be a real improvement and a definite buy for me.

Link :

http://www.puretime-asia.com./product/pam305-q-titanium-zf-11-best-edition-on-black-rubber-strap-zp9000-v2/

mdakers68

Interesting thanks for the heads up !!

elp

I like - cheers J!

baxter

I like - cheers J!

It's a corker of a watch E .... i don't get on with 47mm luminors but 47mm subs really work for me because of the height and general chunkiness - out of all of the 47mm subs i've had this was by far the nicest was just a shame the quality wasn't great so as i say i'll definitely be giving this one a shot :)

elp

I like - cheers J!

It's a corker of a watch E .... i don't get on with 47mm luminors but 47mm subs really work for me because of the height and general chunkiness - out of all of the 47mm subs i've had this was by far the nicest was just a shame the quality wasn't great so as i say i'll definitely be giving this one a shot :)

Do you still have your 389? That's another nice one IMO.

I look forward to your review when you get the 305

baxter

I like - cheers J!

Do you still have your 389? That's another nice one IMO.

I look forward to your review when you get the 305

No i sold it to HWG ages ago but it is one of those watches i would buy again as i did like it and it was probably a case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater .... i tried on the gen of it and have to say the rep was certainly not embarrassing itself :)

machiavegli

I'm sure more knowledgable members than me will chime in but I think they still have the balance wheel in the wrong position relative to the crown.

-Mach

baxter

I'm sure more knowledgable members than me will chime in but I think they still have the balance wheel in the wrong position relative to the crown.

-Mach

mere details Mach mere details !! :D ... true it's not a perfect clone mov't and it's a shame this one doesn't have a close CB but honestly it won't bother me as long as the rest of the watch is solid

machiavegli

Here's the gen 305

1410449855_zps5f026373.jpg

Here's the new ZF rep mvmt in same position.

1410449940_zpsac050e3c.jpg

-Mach

mysterio

-Mach

Mach

The PAM305 ZF V2 is using an A7750 movement decorated as a P9000. As such you cannot expect anything but the balance wheel at the 11 o'clock position whereas the gen's is at the 7 o'clock position. Is the ST2555 not obtainable by the ZF Maker? That would certainly put the balance wheel closer at the 6 o'clock position. Still not right on the money, but much better and more believable than the A7750 based movement. Now I'm in a quandary, PAM364, PAM382 or now the ZF PAM305 V2. Haha

ALE7575

As mysterio said this is not a clone it is just a A7750 decorated

Maker has reduced the balance cock to a bar (merly visible under the regulator and the false escapement wheel) and has put a decoration balance cock in the same direction as the original. In this way they can use a non inverted layout of the bridges and get a correct position of bridges inscriptions. But JUST THAT, because we cannot avoid to have balance wheel @11 instead @7.

Now we will see about the reliability of this new decorated bearing in mind the weakened balance cock.

Regarding the rest of the watch, I'm going t copy my post in RWI:

This is an interesting and waited rep.

Obviously it is based in the rep ZFac PAM 389 and inherits all the pros and cons

It is a nice and quality build of course, and many people will find here their Sub. CG chamfered seems better than in other ZFac subs.

For me the main flaws are the bad and inaccurate knurling (and most likely inconsistent, just like PAM 389) and narrower external upper polished edge of the bezel and the weird CP

Curiously the weird CP is inherited by the new Noob PAM 364 released by TSWatches, but this watch has an almost perfect and very nice bezel knurling

As I said in the mini-review of Noob PAM 364:

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/sho...=1#post1951087

"From my taste and IMHO, this PAM 364 makes unnecessary a good replica o PAM 305. Because it is relatively similar but have some aesthetic improvements."

I said that before knowing ZFac would release a PAM 305

Then, pending future and more detailed opinions and reviews, you know already my opinion

ALE

McJules

I like the new 305 but since i already own the 243, i think i'm still leaning toward the 389...

mysterio
I like the new 305 but since i already own the 243, i think i'm still leaning toward the 389...

How about the new PAM364 from Noon? Same titanium construction as the PAM389 but a variation on the bezel? Closed caseback too so none of that movement tells. ;)

ex660

the inscription is obvious.. gen is thicker and rep is thinner :(