· Case: Solid 316L stainless steel case

· Movement: Seagull with power reserve dial

· Crystal: Sapphire with Double AR

· Bracelet: Solid end links, stainless steel

· Case diameter: 43 mm not including crown

· Case thickness: 14.5 mm

· Weight: 177 grams including metal bracelet

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(7).JPG

CONSTRUCTION + FINISH – Very nicely done with good polished finish all over. Case back is exhibition type i.e. with clear window so movement can be seen. It’s secured by 6 screws. Crown is screwdown and goes in and out smoothly.

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(3).JPG

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(20).jpg

BEZEL – Unidirectional with precise movement and no play. Lumed pearl at 12

UN%20Bezel.jpg

DIAL – Beautiful blue dial with lovely wave effect pattern on it. 2 large hands with the seconds on a sub dial at 6. It has a very smooth sweep. At 12 is a working power meter dial showing power reserve left. The markers have a nice white lume on silver finish. The 12 marker is the UN logo and dial also has a UN Anchor. Date window at 6 with an internal magnifier.

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(8).JPG

CRYSTAL – Flat scratch-proof Sapphire with Double AR Coating

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(15).JPG

MOVEMENT - Seagull 23 Jewel Automatic Movement with Functional Power Reserve and Decorated Rotor

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(9x).JPG

WATER RESISTANCE - WR rating is not known. Case back is marked at 200m but being a replica its best not to dive with it on unless tested first. I may remove the caseback and grease the “O” ring and seals which usually makes it waterproof and ok for swimming.

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(18).jpg

HANDS – Skeleton style big bold hour and minute hands with blue lume at tips. Seconds hand in sub dial and red power reserve hand on top dial.

UN%20hands.jpg

LUME - Hands are nice bright blue, hour markers are lumed but not as bright

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(19).jpg

ACCURACY – To early to tell but similar movements I have had have been very accurate. The Seagull 23 Jewel movement has a very good reputation.

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(13).JPG

STRAP - Supplied on solid stainless steel deployant bracelet. It has 2 push buttons to release. It has a well designed and hidden divers extension. Engraving on it is deep and clear. It’s a very solid bracelet and is well finished. Edges are maybe a bit sharp not sure if this is same on genuine model but it’s not an issue. There is no micro adjustment but it has removable 2 x half links and 4 x full links. They are held in by a single screw bar and nice and simple to change. A dab of Loctite Thread locker prevents them working loose.

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(11).jpg

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(14).JPG

OVERALL – I have wanted one of these for some time. I had never seen it on the metal bracelet only on rubber that I did not like. When I saw this one on special offer I could not resist. It arrived from China / HK in 5 days which is faster than Amazon ships. I ordered it last Saturday, had QC picture on Sunday and it was dispatched on Monday by Air Mail and arrived Saturday AM. It’s a very nice looking watch and a good size and looks larger as the dial is big and bezel thin. It’s quite heavy but bracelet is wide and distributes the weight well. The genuine model sells for around £6,000 which is way beyond what I would pay for any watch so I am happy to have this accurate replica in my collection.

I hope you like the review, please feel free to leave comments and if you would like to see more reviews please send your donations to Scorp@ Watchfund.Com (minimum donation is £100 or $200)

1%20cool%20shades.gif

MORE PICTURES............

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(4).JPG

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(16).JPG

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(1).jpg

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(2).JPG

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(3).JPG

UN%20Maxi%20Marine%20Diver%20Review%20(12).JPG

Edited by scorpion

markeym3

Nice write up there ,, these are a great watch for the $$$ I may have to invest now ,, a nice sub /planet ocean alternative ,, I like the dial and bezel detail , thanks for sharing ,,

machiavegli

Well done review and great pics as always, Scorp! Love these!!

I've had at least 5 of these UN MM in various versions including blue surf, hammerhead etc. I've seen the gen in stores and met a guy who let me look his over in detail. Here are some of my thoughts:

PROs

Uncommon watch in real life, unlikely to meet anyone whos seen or wearing the gen

Really eye catching and chunky design

Build quality of case, rotating bezel, crown and quality of the dials are great

The 23J (21 + PR jewels) movement with working PR is absolutely slick, winds to 100% with just a few rotations of the crown

Price for the quality is great

Movement very durable

CONS

Cyclops of crystal on many (not yours) seems always a bit off the Date window... Hard to see in QC pics because it's hard to guarantee a 100% flat on photo

Date often a bit high or low in dare window

Sometimes bezel pearl gets discolored with time

Screws holding rubber bracelets together are prone to rust for some reason, I assume cheaply coated

Movement on gen has a lot more blue color (ie not just the rotor)

Caseback engravings look a little faint/shallow

Overall it's one of my absolute favorites! If I could take pics like you I woudve reviewed it too!!

Good job,

-Mach

Barth

Great review, these are amazing value indeed !!

Love mine

Edited by Barth

Martijn0007

Great review! Awesome watch :D

SSTEEL

Very well written review, and great photos too, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with this rep, I really like these myself, and the size looks perfect for my wrist size.

machiavegli

One other thing, the serial number plate screwed to the side ought to be stainless like gen (not gold plated) -- if you're crazy about accuracy I've heard the gold finish can be taken off.

And for rubber bracelet version-- don't lay rubber strap UNs flat on your desk! The hinged SS plate on the band can bite into the rubber part of the strap... Just store on its side or in your watch box

-Mach

romford-boy

Nice review. Here's a genuine Maxi Marine Diver for reference.

98BBA99C-69B7-4A11-A583-4E8F7A4563B5.jpg

Edited by romford-boy

Freeboy

reading the pros and cons.. wow rusty screws? That sounds like a bad screw job at the factory, no? I hate it when quality is an a or b and then the little non watch item screw up, ie rusty screw, poor leather etc....

I recieved a "box" for a rep and the cushion was, now get this.... a paper bag around a foam cushion.... why even add this type ofcrap? lol

Edited by Freeboy

ImNotFatImFluffy

Awesome pics, im surprised that these things aren't more popular, especially my specific model, which IMO looks more clean and closer to gen as a blue rotor seems so ungenlike (Even though what I heard is the whole movement should be blue) also my model isn't made to look like a limited edition, which just has more stuff to get right that usually doesn't get done right.

If only I could take pics as good as in the OP, then mine would of sold.

But w/e, I guess people expect a $100 special to be crap when these are very good watches (which should go for much more)

NFleischer

DSCN0171.jpg

I always loved the Gen Silver Golf Ball Dial model. This is a great rep- especially at the crazy sale prices. I should give this one a

bit more wrist time.

chenzomg

Thanks for this, just reminded me about the UN blue surf I have sitting unworn in a box. Just dusted it off for wearing tomorrow!

Easy to forget a quality piece when not looking at it regularly.

chenzomg

After my post last night the fucking springbar holding the bracelet breaks after wearing for an hour!

Lucky I was in the car and not walking about. Typical!

scorpion

After my post last night the fucking springbar holding the bracelet breaks after wearing for an hour!

Lucky I was in the car and not walking about. Typical!

Well thats what happens when you let them get dusty and unworn, its the watches reaction basically saying FU for leaving me in the box :giggle:

chenzomg

Haha that's very true! Needs an outing more. Anyone else find the pearl never fully lines up?

It's a click out in this one but I feel I can never get it properly aligned.

64E8CC05-9105-49ED-8751-95949BED19BE_zpsoglwmw8x.jpg

Freeboy

is that cool white golf ball like model still available.. not seeign it in toro bravo land?

<RJ>

Thanks for a great review! :thumbsup:

ImNotFatImFluffy
is that cool white golf ball like model still available.. not seeign it in toro bravo land?

It hasn't been available in a long time

Freeboy

great review and thanks

Einawood

A little late to the party - but do you still have this?

and most importantly, do you know where i can find one?

been looking all over, but the only thing i van find is shady websides or the blue one..

Ghostrider
35 minutes ago, Einawood said:

A little late to the party - but do you still have this?

and most importantly, do you know where i can find one?

been looking all over, but the only thing i van find is shady websides or the blue one..

Bro, this thread is almost a decade old.  Reviving old threads is bad etiquette.  PM someone or make a new thread. 

• Like 1

Horace Derwent

@Einawood : dear friend, are you the same guy who revived a 4  years old For Sale topic about an Ulysse Nardin on Repgeek ?  :baby:

I appreciate your tastes, i myself am NOT a Rolex or Omega guy but i love all the different and particular watches, so Ulysse Nardin is surely a beautiful maison for me !

You should avoid the 'shady  websites' and insted stick to the Trusted Dealers.

For example, Andrew (Trustytime) has an entire section devoted to UN

http://trustytime888.io/index.php?main_page=index&amp;cPath=298

Enjoy ! :ban1:

• Like 1

Einawood

So sorry folks.  I’m new to this game, so still learning the etiquette!

and thanks for the links.  I have found a couple of blue UN.  Might have to settle for that, but it’s the white one who has catched my eye the most!

I won’t be dragging any more decades old post up again!

• Like 1