Sign in to follow this  
budfox1028

Just in 5227g from Josh! (pic heavy)

Phantomtech
This watch looks awesome! Thanks for posting.

DC - Trust me, you'll be wanting to wear this at your wedding much more than the Jules, it is much more classy and timeless in my opinion. I had a JA that I thought would be a keeper and it went straight to M2M after a few times wearing it. I have worn my 5227 now many many times and cannot even consider parting with it!

Can anyone confirm if there is any difference to the first 5227 rep released a couple months ago other than the mirrored caseback and hinge? It is really thinner? Is the case finished nicer etc.? I think I really need this lol..

As soon as mine arrives and I'm allowed to wear it I'll be posting a side by side to answer the questions of case profile, dial colour, case shape and overall finish quality between the two versions!!!

Rest assured!

DC

Awesome, my finger is hovering over the trigger waiting for that review.

One more question, is this new version only available in silver or is it available also in yellow and rose gold? I can't find this new version on any dealers site..

budfox1028
A quick question to the masters of straps. I've been looking at straps at Chrono24 for pateks, how would I know these are genuine patek straps?

e.g. http://www.chrono24.com/en/patekphilippe/braceletstrap-armband--krokodilleder-1914--mm--id2323211.htm?id=2323211&picnum=0&tab=details

Looks genuine to me, it's hard to be sure just from photos though! I prefer alligator to crocodile myself, the larger squarer scales look more modern to me.

If you buy that strap you'll need to buy a replacement buckle too, I'm led to believe the Miyota 5227 has a 16mm buckle and that strap is for a 14mm buckle!!

DC

That's a con for me, I don't think I could do without the buckle. It's pretty sweet and adds to its sexiness. Also, I do agree with the strap being plasticky at first, but after a few days of wear it softens up. Personally I like the strap with its matte finish, but that's just me. I haven't tried the shiny good stuff yet. The strap is pretty comfortable now and molds very nicely around my wrist!

_DC_

DC - Trust me, you'll be wanting to wear this at your wedding much more than the Jules, it is much more classy and timeless in my opinion. I had a JA that I thought would be a keeper and it went straight to M2M after a few times wearing it. I have worn my 5227 now many many times and cannot even consider parting with it!

Can anyone confirm if there is any difference to the first 5227 rep released a couple months ago other than the mirrored caseback and hinge? It is really thinner? Is the case finished nicer etc.? I think I really need this lol..

As soon as mine arrives and I'm allowed to wear it I'll be posting a side by side to answer the questions of case profile, dial colour, case shape and overall finish quality between the two versions!!!

Rest assured!

DC

One more question, is this new version only available in silver or is it available also in yellow and rose gold? I can't find this new version on any dealers site..

It's available in all three metals :thumbsup:

It's listed on Perfect Clones and Trusty Times websites!!

DC

Phantomtech

Rest assured!

DC

It's available in all three metals :thumbsup:

It's listed on Perfect Clones and Trusty Times websites!!

DC

That's awesome, I need all three! Plus the new release in black dial :) ! Can't wait for your review!

Duzza

So does anyone have a view? Screw down or push fit caseback?

DSC_0101_zpsr4vxblu1.jpg

_DC_

Think you'll be waiting a while, the fiancée is paying for it and not gonna let me have it till the wedding, after which I'll be going on mini-moon!!

Dammit!

DC

_DC_
So does anyone have a view? Screw down or push fit caseback?

DSC_0101_zpsr4vxblu1.jpg

I'd have said screw down but it looks an odd shape with no obvious places for a caseback tool to engage, so I'd go with push fit!!

Is the officers back easy to remove, as I'll be getting it engraved so will likely need to remove it to do that!

DC

Duzza

4 screws sees to the caseback, very easy.

Caseback is push fit :)

_DC_

Yay, I was right, what do I win?!?

DC

Duzza

DC

:)

Now Im stuck getting the movement out, bloody thing is tight!

_DC_

DC

Good to know it's well put together I guess :P

DC

Retina

i must say, patek watches grows on you... lovin the pictures posted here!

budfox1028

Just got this email from Josh.

Its a screw in case back .. Just use a rubber ball .handheld size.. (like a squash ball) ..press on it and turn.. It should open the case back ..

Duzza

Its a screw in case back .. Just use a rubber ball .handheld size.. (like a squash ball) ..press on it and turn.. It should open the case back ..

Ha! typical Josh. It isnt, its snap on as I discovered last night :D

budfox1028

Ha! typical Josh. It isnt, its snap on as I discovered last night :D

lol, that's just bush league! Thanks for confirming!

cufflink

DC

Don't try forcing it out. It may not be removable from the back if the construction is anything similar to the 2824 version.

Take a clear pic of the whole watch without the case back and may be I can advise.

Duzza

Yes, for anyone else discovering this thread, the movement on this watch lifts out entirely from the front with the retaining ring.

Also, if you have a 'smudge' on a hand, don't bother trying to fix it! its actually a small fault in the SS, at least it was on mine.

EdenResident

Just ordered one as well. This watch is fucking sexy. Will a 20mm strap fit it?

_DC_

No, it's 19mm lugs!!!

DC

EdenResident

I would say not TBH, 19mm is a squeeze!

Buy my 19mm instead http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=100454 :D

Damn that's a good deal. Too bad I bought the RG version :(

cufflink

Look forward for the review from DC!

Gmtaddict
Yes, for anyone else discovering this thread, the movement on this watch lifts out entirely from the front with the retaining ring.

Also, if you have a 'smudge' on a hand, don't bother trying to fix it! its actually a small fault in the SS, at least it was on mine.

Not sure I understand. ..

How do you get the crown out without a direct access to the back?