Sign in to follow this  
budfox1028

Just in 5227g from Josh! (pic heavy)

budfox1028

Just received my watch from Josh at PC, was very nervous reading his probationary status and his recent neg reviews, but I must say, this transaction from Josh was flawless. EXCEPT, customs dinged me for $196, based on a value of 1k. Not sure how they came up with that number. Anyone else in Canada get dinged from Customs?? Even still, i don't care, the watch made up for that. I lost count how many times I said 'WOW' to myself after picking it up from the postal office and driving it to work! As for the loud noise of the rotor, I totally disagree, it's not loud or annoying, the sound to me is pretty cool. The watch is so light that you need the watch to make a bit of noise to remind you that you are wearing this sexy thang!

Pics

image_zpsm47osfyc.jpg

image_zpsxjxp0t08.jpg

image_zpsfcoccfp7.jpg

image_zpsmlw3ilex.jpg

image_zpsthtqyfp9.jpg

dalboy

Movement looks to be one of the cleanest i have seen .

Chinaman and Pube free .

Good health to wear it

Dal.

Martijn0007

Amazing piece! Looks great on your wrist :)

Enjoy :D

D_Chico

That's a big customs bill! :lol: glad to hear the watch made up for it :)

Looks great!! Enjoy it!

Ruski91

really does look great on the wrist. Share some more pics when you get a chance :)

MetalMickey

Must have passed of a gen if you got a bill instead of a seizure notice :)

Duzza

Got on en route, so good to see some decent photos. Thanks.

PinkPanther

lovely timepiece that! I think its changed my mind I may order one instead of an alange&sohne. nice and clean love it..

budfox1028

It's something about those curves, so subtle, so simple, so sexy. It does NOT look and feel like an old granpa watch at all! Pics don't do it enough justice. I should get back to work :), but here's couple more pics.

One last thing i'll add is about the white dial. It's a nice off white colour, looks very slick. I think i prefer this over the ivory dial as well for the SS version.

image_zpskv7ydsi8.jpg

image_zps8ewz2z7u.jpg

image_zpsemyiplvb.jpg

image_zpsaryuqofg.jpg

Duzza

When are you going to take the blue protective wrapper off the crown? :)

PinkPanther

Honestly I'm in love with it! Looks ace!

budfox1028

When are you going to take the blue protective wrapper off the crown? :)

lol, think I like the smurf jizz on!

Harwood22

Really clean piece, looks nice

Laz730

I like this one...Good pick...Wear it in good health!!

_DC_

It's a really tough call for me between this and the new AP Jules Audemars for a watch to wear for my wedding. I love this because it's a PP, and there's the option to engrave the inside of the caseback, but the AP is slimmer and with no date and no sweeping seconds it's even more subtle and refined!

Damn it decisions decisions!!

DC

Jonnybaws

It's a really tough call for me between this and the new AP Jules Audemars for a watch to wear for my wedding. I love this because it's a PP, and there's the option to engrave the inside of the caseback, but the AP is slimmer and with no date and no sweeping seconds it's even more subtle and refined!

DC

You know my answer...

Get both!

Genius

Must have passed of a gen if you got a bill instead of a seizure notice :)

That's what I was thinking! must be good if it got stopped and made it through

Prancuzas

DC

You know my answer...

Get both!

Yup, guy has got two hands, dont see a problem here either.

_DC_

DC

You know my answer...

Get both!

Problem is if I do that I'll still be trying to decide 5 minutes before the ceremony, lol!!

And no, I can't wear two watches to my wedding, lol!

DC

_DC_

Important question for the OP....

How's the officers caseback? On the other version it's kinda floppy and flimsy, is this any better?!

DC

Godfathar

DC

DC, I know the AP you are looking at, saw it in the AP Forum.. Honestly, no contest, This one wins hands down. I have a feeling that this one is a keeper in your collection, where the AP Jules Audumars one will be in M2M in short time..

My 2 cents :)

Godfathar

It's something about those curves, so subtle, so simple, so sexy. It does NOT look and feel like an old granpa watch at all! Pics don't do it enough justice. I should get back to work :), but here's couple more pics.

One last thing i'll add is about the white dial. It's a nice off white colour, looks very slick. I think i prefer this over the ivory dial as well for the SS version.

I was sold to get this, ever since DC had the review of the Rose Gold one.. but then I saw the 2015 edition of gen 5227G-010 with the black dial and went crazy,

5227_G_010.png

so now I will wait until the black dial with the right DW comes out to purchase it.

Thanks for the pics, we can't get enough.. :)

_DC_

Right, I think my mind is made up, I'm gonna get one and have it engraved for the wedding, I might get the AP as well but you're right, it's less likely to be a keeper compared to the Patek, especially as the Patek can be engraved and so will never leave my collection!!

DC

budfox1028
Important question for the OP....

How's the officers caseback? On the other version it's kinda floppy and flimsy, is this any better?!

DC

Hey DC, congrats on your future wedding! I feel your dilemma on deciding btw the two. Hope the following info helps you decide:

Case back: I think the spring loaded hinge is quite nice actually. Very little play when opening and closing and it moves nicely and delicately with it's spring loaded hinge. There's a bit of wiggle room when the case door is fully open, but it only moves when you give a touch. It moves back to its original position when you let go.

This is with my finger pressed on top.

image_zpszfy9izbi.jpg

This is with my finger off, you can track the light.

image_zps4oz1l4of.jpg

budfox1028

This is one of the coolest parts of the watch. No spring bar tool to remove the strap. Just your fingers. Works great!!

image_zps0rosacdn.jpg