Sign in to follow this  
budfox1028

Just in 5227g from Josh! (pic heavy)

budfox1028
please stop posting this watch! your killing me here... I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDD this in my life...

looks awesome.

Sorry mate, had to repost for some peeps.

PinkPanther

haha I know mate! it just teases haha..

lef808

Absolutely stunning! Great pics!

_DC_

Just received QC pics of mine (for anyone doubting if Perfect Clones are sorting out their issues that's QC within 48 hours of order being placed and within 24 hours of payment being sent).

It looks the business!

DC

PinkPanther
Just received QC pics of mine (for anyone doubting if Perfect Clones are sorting out their issues that's QC within 48 hours of order being placed and within 24 hours of payment being sent).

It looks the business!

DC

Yeah that happened with me and my order just currently waiting patiently for my to arrive been nearly two weeks the suspense is killing me! Even more so with it being my first rep! Soon as it gets here I'm ordering this one! Probs from josh again!

_DC_

image_zpsnoupi4ek.jpg

image_zpsfs5v44iq.jpg

image_zpsyzfpurec.jpg

image_zpslfqbzqvi.jpg

image_zpsxrosal5u.jpg

image_zpsvrbi88ds.jpg

image_zpscsdxgwwr.jpg

image_zpshm9oispd.jpg

For god sake man, take the blue protective plastic off the crown, looks ridiculous and covers up the lovely Calatrava cross!!

DC

avrahamk1

For god sake man, take the blue protective plastic off the crown, looks ridiculous and covers up the lovely Calatrava cross!!

DC

Was about saying the exact same thing lol

Beautiful and classic watch!

budfox1028

Yeah, lol, I would like to but swapped it with my Nauti for the the afternoon. She was getting jealous!

image_zpsk7od3exk.jpg

_DC_
Yeah, lol, I would like to but swapped it with my Nauti for the the afternoon. She was getting jealous!

image_zpsk7od3exk.jpg

Lol, yeah the Nautilus is a needy mistress, always craving attention! Try having three of the bloody things, lol!!!

DC

budfox1028

Lol, I can only handle one at the moment, maybe two at most, but three. Wow, you MUST be MR. Patek!! Lol!

Jasonbaylee

Beautiful. Only available at josh?

I cant find this PP from other TDs

budfox1028

Beautiful. Only available at josh?

I cant find this PP from other TDs

I can't either.

Duzza

Mine arrived today and I have to say its a classy piece!

For those wondering the hinged caseback isn't sprung at all, unlike the 2824 version. My first high beat Miyota, very nice, lovely smooth wind and great sweep.

Does anyone know if the caseback (not the hinged door) is screwdown or pressure fit? I have a smudge on the minute hand I need to remove!

DSC_0074_zpsqrtzoae6.jpgDSC_0073_zpsjxrvuc4c.jpg

_DC_

That's great news, the gen isn't sprung either so couldn't understand why they did it on the 2824 rep, I can't wait for mine now, I think the fiancé is gonna make me wait till the wedding to have it though!

DC

For those wondering the hinged caseback isn't sprung at all, unlike the 2824 version. My first high beat Miyota, very nice, lovely smooth wind and great sweep.

Does anyone know if the caseback (not the hinged door) is screwdown or pressure fit? I have a smudge on the minute hand I need to remove!

Looks to be a really decent strap?!?

DC

Duzza
That's great news, the gen isn't sprung either so couldn't understand why they did it on the 2824 rep, I can't wait for mine now, I think the fiancé is gonna make me wait till the wedding to have it though!

DC

Looks to be a really decent strap?!?

DC

Ha! The strap it came with takes the all time award for the most awful, horrible piece of plastic ever created. It takes the all time award for the worst strap ever created.

The strap in the photos is a gen alligator strap I picked up.

_DC_

Ah dammit, I like the easy remove spring bars though, dammit, will have to get a replacement and cut the holes! Is it 19mm lug width same as gen?

DC

Duzza

Yes 19mm. Though I think a strap would have to be made around the quick release bars. No way your forcing those in a strap.

_DC_

Oh ok, shame but it is what it is. Do you mind me asking where you sourced the strap, I really struggled to find a 19mm strap with 18mm buckle, they were all 19/16!!

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bazillion questions, lol, anyone would think I was a noob :P

DC

frapzzor

Oh ok, shame but it is what it is. Do you mind me asking where you sourced the strap, I really struggled to find a 19mm strap with 18mm buckle, they were all 19/16!!

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bazillion questions, lol, anyone would think I was a noob :P

DC

sooo... are you keeping the ol' 5227 is the main question to be asked here!?

budfox1028

I noticed a small oil smudge on my hour hand as well. Would also like to know how to open it and put my handy toolkit to use. By the way, it looks awesome on you!

Edited by budfox1028

_DC_

DC

sooo... are you keeping the ol' 5227 is the main question to be asked here!?

For the time being, yes, but based on what I've seen this far possibly not indefinitely. I have, however, already had a PM to that effect!!

DC

Duzza

I noticed a small oil smudge on my hour hand as well. Would also like to know how to open it and put my handy toolkit to use. By the way, it looks awesome on you!

Thanks. I've so far had no luck in removing the case back with a rubber ball. I think it could be a snap on job but I don't want to risk damaging the case finding out.

Duzza

DC

The rep buckle is 16mm so that may not be a bad thing tbh. Obviously the rep deployant is 18mm but I'm not that keen on the fit. The strap was custom made by a seller on eBay. It was cheap. £35 inc postage. It's genuine alligator but it's nothing to write home about.

_DC_

DC

The rep buckle is 16mm so that may not be a bad thing tbh. Obviously the rep deployant is 18mm but I'm not that keen on the fit. The strap was custom made by a seller on eBay. It was cheap. £35 inc postage. It's genuine alligator but it's nothing to write home about.

Oh really, that's another plus for this rep then, the 2824 has an 18mm buckle but this is closer to gen with 16mm!

DC

Duzza

Yeah. Just remember to burn the rep strap!