Sign in to follow this  
budfox1028

Just in 5227g from Josh! (pic heavy)

Aren

No wonder that strap looked so great. Gen.

Lovely watch and strap.

Saw this one in the WC today. Very impressive.

Congratulations Duzza

:D

_DC_

The more I think about it the more I'm tempted to just get all three metals!!!

DC

Duzza

Has anyone got an insight in to the caseback removal?

Phantomtech

This watch looks awesome! Thanks for posting.

DC - Trust me, you'll be wanting to wear this at your wedding much more than the Jules, it is much more classy and timeless in my opinion. I had a JA that I thought would be a keeper and it went straight to M2M after a few times wearing it. I have worn my 5227 now many many times and cannot even consider parting with it!

Can anyone confirm if there is any difference to the first 5227 rep released a couple months ago other than the mirrored caseback and hinge? It is really thinner? Is the case finished nicer etc.? I think I really need this lol..

Testomatic

DC - Trust me, you'll be wanting to wear this at your wedding much more than the Jules, it is much more classy and timeless in my opinion. I had a JA that I thought would be a keeper and it went straight to M2M after a few times wearing it. I have worn my 5227 now many many times and cannot even consider parting with it!

Can anyone confirm if there is any difference to the first 5227 rep released a couple months ago other than the mirrored caseback and hinge? It is really thinner? Is the case finished nicer etc.? I think I really need this lol..

Yes it s all that and more. Got this rep and it s a beauty

_DC_

As soon as mine arrives and I'm allowed to wear it I'll be posting a side by side to answer the questions of case profile, dial colour, case shape and overall finish quality between the two versions!!!

Rest assured!

DC

frapzzor

Just placed an order for the 5227rg. And was thinking I might want to get a nice dark brown gator strap, any recommendations as to where to turn? ebay?

_DC_
Just placed an order for the 5227rg. And was thinking I might want to get a nice dark brown gator strap, any recommendations as to where to turn? ebay?

http://watchparts24.de/Rios-1931-President_1

If you want a glossy finish go for the "Windsor", but this "President" strap is perfect satin finish genuine Alligator!! You want mocha colour and 19mm!!

DC

Duzza

For slightly less than that you can pick up a Perrin fro Tiffany strap from eBay. That's where I'd be heading for a 19mm brown strap.

Martijn0007

The miyota in rose gold?

The rotor only comes in yellow gold.

Edit, the gen seems to have a yellow gold rotor too..I thought it was supposed to match.

Edited by Martijn0007

_DC_

The miyota in rose gold?

Edit, the gen seems to have a yellow gold rotor too..I thought it was supposed to match.

What are you on about Martijn lol?!

He's talking about the case metal, all of them have yellow gold rotor!!

Confused dot com

DC

Martijn0007

The miyota in rose gold?

What are you on about Martijn lol?!

He's talking about the case metal, all of them have yellow gold rotor!!

Confused dot com

DC

I thought the rose gold version was supposed to have a rose gold rotor. It didn't look right in the pics on Perfect Clones.

But apparently the gen rose gold version has a yg rotor too.. Didn't know that :)

frapzzor

The miyota in rose gold?

Aye, I've even got matching patek cufflinks, I'm not to worried bout the rotor as no one will be looking at it besides myself and in that case I would be more worried about the movement :)

frapzzor

ouch that's a hefty price tag :( but I guess it's worth it after reading about the rep strap. gonna check it out, thanks alot!

_DC_

Haha, learn something new every day! The rose colour does reflect onto the rotor in a lot of gen photos and make it look rosier so I can see why you'd think that!

DC

_DC_

This thing doesn't look a patch on the RIOS mate, seriously I'd pay the extra! You also get a lovely cream coloured inner on the RIOS which is just like the gen!!!

964A66B5-DCC6-479A-9208-0F9D51D396CA_zpsvjpwnet6.jpg

52D0366D-BAAE-47F1-BF77-044C6526D7BA_zpsziyqb1nf.jpg

DC

Duzza

This thing doesn't look a patch on the RIOS mate, seriously I'd pay the extra! You also get a lovely cream coloured inner on the RIOS which is just like the gen!!!

964A66B5-DCC6-479A-9208-0F9D51D396CA_zpsvjpwnet6.jpg

52D0366D-BAAE-47F1-BF77-044C6526D7BA_zpsziyqb1nf.jpg

DC

Perrin make straps for Patek along with Vacheron and Breguet amongst others. It will be better :)

Duzza

It's just a calf leather strap with a print on it. Hence its much cheaper as it's not an exotic skin.

frapzzor
Looks really nice DC!

hmm.. I found this on the bay

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4619d9bdef

is it a rep of a aftermarket strap?

It's just a calf leather strap with a print on it. Hence its much cheaper as it's not an exotic skin.

genuine cow leather with alligator imprint

forgot to read the fine print :(

_DC_

Perrin make straps for Patek along with Vacheron and Breguet amongst others. It will be better :)

Really? It looks horrid!!

DC

Duzza

Really? It looks horrid!!

DC

Yes, that strap is £250 from them direct. Appreciate its not close to what comes with the Patek as standard but it's a relative bargain. Assuming it's a genuine Perrin for Tiffany. Agree the photos don't do it much justice.

_DC_
A quick question to the masters of straps. I've been looking at straps at Chrono24 for pateks, how would I know these are genuine patek straps?

e.g. http://www.chrono24.com/en/patekphilippe/braceletstrap-armband--krokodilleder-1914--mm--id2323211.htm?id=2323211&picnum=0&tab=details

Looks genuine to me, it's hard to be sure just from photos though! I prefer alligator to crocodile myself, the larger squarer scales look more modern to me.

If you buy that strap you'll need to buy a replacement buckle too, I'm led to believe the Miyota 5227 has a 16mm buckle and that strap is for a 14mm buckle!!

DC