Sign in to follow this  
Hornet

What Makes a Dive Watch a Dive Watch

HeavyKrush

Great article. Have to say if I was actually stepping off the side of a boat, I'd be wearing this...

DSC_6143_zpsphmw6tse.jpg

solkryssare

Possibly the bist diver ever! and certainly the one with the smoothest running movement!

Possible but not definitely.....

This is THE best diver ever made:

I said bist not best :knightsofni:

:lol:

True dat

Jasonbaylee

Thks for sharing.

Harbordman
What makes a dive watch?

Incrustations ...

IMG_20150414_124845_zpsx6dueg7u.jpg

Don't know why but that is a great photo.

Is it one of yours? If so I'd love to hear the story.

New screen saver me thinks.

Nikosaldente

seiko-prospex-spring-drive-sbdb001a.jpg

Possibly the bist diver ever! and certainly the one with the smoothest running movement!

17243631235_5e02246b6e_b.jpg

My personal choice in almost all my free dives:

Citizen Promaster: It measures Max depth/Min temperature/Dive time/Average depth/Alarm if you ascend or descend fast/Max Depth Alarm and Log of the last 4 dives!

Wristshot:

Citizen_Promaster_zpsmysckn0f.jpg

Pihlippe

seiko-prospex-spring-drive-sbdb001a.jpg

17243631235_5e02246b6e_b.jpg

I said bist not best :knightsofni:

Agree that this is a good one......

IMG_2006.jpg

But there is just ONE DIVER watch...... ;)

Comex+2+V.jpg

elp

:)

WP_20130926_001_zpsd481358b.jpg

RichardMiami
20150107103238-X2.jpg

rawbaws
20150424_074734_zpseqxtjqca.jpg

DD_Ash
All dive watches must fall on their feet in awe of the splendor that is the IWC 3536...

^^^^

THIS!! Definitely my grail, it's just gorgeous!!!

RichardMiami

All dive watches must fall on their feet in awe of the splendor that is the IWC 3536...3719

Fixed for ya..................

;)

20150218140140-X2.jpg

rawbaws

20150107103238-X2.jpg

1.6m hey.. that's about all mine ever shows too... they must be broken ;)

RichardMiami

nah.......... that's the depth of my pool......... :rofl:

rawbaws

nah.......... that's the depth of my pool......... :rofl:

Must be a standard depth :giggle:

trailboss99
I think there's very few scuba divers nowadays who would entrust themselves exclusively to dive tables and a mechanical watch rather than a computer.

Never can I understand this statement no matter how many times I hear it. I would never trust a computer without my watch and tables as backup for when the electronics fail. You would really put more faith in a piece of electronics made in China by some underpaid worker than your own brain and a watch?

Kleen™

All dive watches must fall on their feet in awe of the splendor that is the IWC 3536...3719

Fixed for ya..................

;)

20150218140140-X2.jpg

Chrono has no place on a diver, Rich...imagine the poor sods who went out and cashed out big money for a gen of these and then later found out they could have bought the REAL diver (3536) for the same money....they must feel sooo stooopid...:P

black263

Great article. Have to say if I was actually stepping off the side of a boat, I'd be wearing this...

DSC_6143_zpsphmw6tse.jpg

Not a chance mate. If you ever catch me stepping of the side of a boat, I'd be wearing one of these.

SES1_zpszjglnavy.jpg

Kleen™
All dive watches must fall on their feet in awe of the splendor that is the IWC 3536...

^^^^

It is, isn't it: Simple to the point of being minimalistic, underplayed, purposeful, functional. And built like a tank.

I bought the titanium-version 2'nd hand for approx. €3000,- many moons ago, but sold it again, only because the version I really wanted was the one in the steel. I still kick myself in the nuts now and then for the severity of my bad judgement. These days, the rep is all I can aspire to...

elp

DSC_6143_zpsphmw6tse.jpg

Not a chance mate. If you ever catch me stepping of the side of a boat, I'd be wearing one of these.

SES1_zpszjglnavy.jpg

I suppose your kinky outfit must need a wash every now and then ...

DD_Ash

^^^^

It is, isn't it: Simple to the point of being minimalistic, underplayed, purposeful, functional. And built like a tank.

I bought the titanium-version 2'nd hand for approx. €3000,- many moons ago, but sold it again, only because the version I really wanted was the one in the steel. I still kick myself in the nuts now and then for the severity of my bad judgement. These days, the rep is all I can aspire to...

Gutted Kleen, the one that got away!

I've heard it's been repped but rare as rocking horse shite to find and not quite 'super rep' standard? Not aware of any TD's who have it :(

Kleen™

^^^^

Gutted Kleen, the one that got away!

I've heard it's been repped but rare as rocking horse shite to find and not quite 'super rep' standard? Not aware of any TD's who have it :(

Yup...it feels a bit like dating Nicole Kidman before she got famous, doesn't it...

These days; I would happily have kept and lived with the titanium-version....and Nicole Kidman.

DD_Ash
Gutted Kleen, the one that got away! I've heard it's been repped but rare as rocking horse shite to find and not quite 'super rep' standard? Not aware of any TD's who have it :(

Yup...it feels a bit like dating Nicole Kidman before she got famous, doesn't it... These days; I would happily have kept and lived with the titanium-version....and Nicole Kidman.

rofl ;)