Sign in to follow this  
Slim

Non-date Rolex Submariner?

Slim

I've been amazed and impressed by the sheer range of replicas of Rolex models past and present on the various trusted dealers' sites, but surprised to see no sign, on my travels, of this one - the Submariner without date function.

non-date-sub.jpg

Anyone ever seen a replica of one of these? I believe the above one is real; found it on a Google image search. But if I was going to buy a replica Rolex, that's probably the one I'd look for.

KBH

They're readily available although I've never really looked for one. Try in the vintage section of a couple of dealers web sites.

Here, I just went to Perfect Clones site and he's got a whole page of them:http://www.1-pc8838.com/submariner-vintages-c-55_64_416.html

You'll have to open his web site twice since the first time always takes you to his home page.

Slim

Thanks! It seems there are few non-date Sub models to be had, but I couldn't find a contemporary-looking one, like the one in the pic I posted - all the models I can find have the old-fashioned markers without the metal trim, and the plexi crystal. A bit surprising, but I expect everyone wants the date on a newish-looking Rolex replica. The magnifier is one of the classic distinguishing features, to be sure.

Edited by Slim

Slim

Thanks. It's not the cyclops, it's the date I don't want. I will have a look at the Sea Dwellers though.

I did find a replica at http://www.best-replicas-watches.com, but whether they are reliable or not, I have no idea. Bit more than I wanted to pay, anyway.

Edited by Slim

Eiderdaus

if you find one let me know :(. bear in mind, the SD is a bit smaller but thicker.

i like the look of the 14060 no date but never seen a rep. i thinking since a few month to get one but never found one. maybe together we manage ;)

Eiderdaus

got one :(

http://www.replikauhren.com/Rolex_Submarin...6610-93250.html

I have ordered there once, I think they are no real scammers but more expensive. I would not buy this because for nearly 300$ the rehaut should not that be that woky. only my opinion don´t blame me again kbh ;)

but if you buy it you can take at least the dial ;). I will ask mary if she is able to provide

andygt

All the 14060 reps are crap, the gen has a thinner case and smaller dial than the 16610 and is no use for stir frys :(

KBH
All the 14060 reps are crap, the gen has a thinner case and smaller dial than the 16610 and is no use for stir frys :lol:

That's what I was thinking. I thought they were all 38mm but I wasn't sure about the latest one.

Eiderdaus

i don´t know where your info is coming from but to my knowledge all 14060Mer have 40mmx12mm (doesn´t matter if COSC model or not). M is since 1999 and the 14060 was from 1989-1999 . On these models it could be that the diameter was 39.5mm but never 38mm. Could be that the 5513 (which was the predecessor of 14060) was 38mm but with vintages I don´t know, but i guess it was always around 40mm.

The difference to me is the height of the case which is at a 16610 12.8mmm instead of 12 at the 14060.

solkryssare

......................... Sub no date................. Sub Date

Case Size ........ 39.5mm................ 39.5mm

Case inc Crown . 43.50mm..............43.60mm (difference could be possible to a higher seated tube)

Bezel Diameter... 39.5mm ...............40.00mm

Thickness.......... 12.20mm ..............12.55mm (Sub Date middle case is thicker as is the bezel)

Crystal Diameter..29mm ...................30mm

Visible Dial..........25.5mm..................26.5mm

Lugs.................Holes..................No Holes (since ~2001)

Hand length.....................same.......

sconehead

...and doesn't the no date have pressed end links not solid?

andygt

That is correct, monkeyboy!

sconehead

:thumbsup2:

...not just a pretty face...

dingle
:D

...not just a pretty face...

:thumbsup2:

Eiderdaus

SEL is not available for 14060 or 14060M. But it´s not clear if there will come a "facelift" for the 14060. Maybe something will happen in the future

Akira
found another one

http://www.1-pc8838.com/rlss10002-black-di...362-p-1791.html

but not correct height, guess they are using normal sub rep cases and this model has SEL.

It´s funny bcause one of his 16610er subs has a gas escape. :D

So this version appears to be "crap" because it lacks of quality or because its not accurate to the gen.

I would love to have a no-date rolex!

Is there a no-date SD available ?

Cheers

Member X

Not AFAIK - I thought all SDs came with a date, but I may be wrong... lol

Akira

Yep I checked SD is always with date, but no cyclops

So it has to be non-date Sub then :)

sugaray

The problem with the no date is thatere there is little demand for it so suppliers use the same case for it as the date model. While in reality rolex makes the no date slightly smaller and with lug holes which are present on some of the reps.

Akira
The problem with the no date is thatere there is little demand for it so suppliers use the same case for it as the date model. While in reality rolex makes the no date slightly smaller and with lug holes which are present on some of the reps.

OK

means the non-date version isn't a bad quality version.

Just not accurate to the gen.

Right?