Sign in to follow this  
realchrisjones

How good are the Chanel J12 Chrono Reps?

realchrisjones

Does anyone know how good the Chanel J12 chrono rep is? I have regular J12 rep and it's fantastic. Just curious if the chrono is made as well as the regular. Would love to hear some input.

DenGNNJ

Weird you should ask, I just sent mine back to the dealer for repair today. I had it only two weeks. There were three problems with the watch: chipped link in the band, the chrono dial at 9 did not reset back to the top position, and the crown fell off while I was setting the time. Also, there were an uneven number of removable links on each side of the clasp, but you could only see that if you held the watch and looked at it side-ways.

The watch itself is beautiful and looks great on-wrist. It's the movement (A7750) that has problems. The A7750 movement is used extensively in chronographs. Many people buy them, only to send them off for refurbishing by local or trusted qualified watchmakers. Many people get them and have no trouble whatsoever. It's a crap-shoot. I spent over $400 for my Chanel and I certainly didn't get a quality piece. You have to spend money to get good quality but just because you're spending more money, that in of itself doesn't guarantee good quality.

Search this forum, you'll find a lot of discussion about that movement. Personally, I love chronographs but I don't think I'll be buying any more watches with the A7750 movement inside. If I were able to trade the J12 chrono in on the model you have, I'd probably do it.

If you have your heart set on getting one stick with a dealer that looks at every watch before shipping (doesn't drop ship). Although I haven't purchased anything from her yet, the forum members say that Mary at WatchInternational is one of the best dealers around.

Good Luck.

watch5

I actually just purchased one from Mary for my mother; should be getting it in a few days. When I get it, I'll do a quick review for you.

Luthier

Over $400 for a chrono Chanel???

Somebody is crazy there - or dealer or buyer.

realchrisjones
Weird you should ask, I just sent mine back to the dealer for repair today. I had it only two weeks. There were three problems with the watch: chipped link in the band, the chrono dial at 9 did not reset back to the top position, and the crown fell off while I was setting the time. Also, there were an uneven number of removable links on each side of the clasp, but you could only see that if you held the watch and looked at it side-ways.

The watch itself is beautiful and looks great on-wrist. It's the movement (A7750) that has problems. The A7750 movement is used extensively in chronographs. Many people buy them, only to send them off for refurbishing by local or trusted qualified watchmakers. Many people get them and have no trouble whatsoever. It's a crap-shoot. I spent over $400 for my Chanel and I certainly didn't get a quality piece. You have to spend money to get good quality but just because you're spending more money, that in of itself doesn't guarantee good quality.

Search this forum, you'll find a lot of discussion about that movement. Personally, I love chronographs but I don't think I'll be buying any more watches with the A7750 movement inside. If I were able to trade the J12 chrono in on the model you have, I'd probably do it.

If you have your heart set on getting one stick with a dealer that looks at every watch before shipping (doesn't drop ship). Although I haven't purchased anything from her yet, the forum members say that Mary at WatchInternational is one of the best dealers around.

Good Luck.

That's exactly the kind of input I was looking for. Thank you. I've never bought a chrono rep before because it just seems like there's more that could go wrong with it. Thanks for the heads up on that movement and on Mary. I just emailed her. I normally buy my reps from Marvellous Replica. You can email them directly at [email protected]. I've had a great experience every time.

I actually just purchased one from Mary for my mother; should be getting it in a few days. When I get it, I'll do a quick review for you.

Would love to hear it. Thank you.

DenGNNJ
Over $400 for a chrono Chanel???

Somebody is crazy there - or dealer or buyer.

No kidding bro, check it out ... http://puretimewatch.com/product/j12-mens-...h-best-edition/

And yes, this was my first buy and this is what I'm thinking ... Trusted Dealer + "Best Edition" + Spend some extra $$$ = GREAT WATCH. Now I know better. All I can do now is have it repaired and hope for the best.

DenGNNJ

Good Luck.

That's exactly the kind of input I was looking for. Thank you. I've never bought a chrono rep before because it just seems like there's more that could go wrong with it. Thanks for the heads up on that movement and on Mary. I just emailed her. I normally buy my reps from Marvellous Replica. You can email them directly at [email protected]. I've had a great experience every time.

Would love to hear it. Thank you.

From what I understand if you give the A7750 a little TLC it runs fine. Problem is the factories these reps are produced in aren't about TLC and their conditions are not conducive to watch production (dust, dirt, poor QC, etc.).

Mary's got a hot Rose Gold Hublot for sale for about half the price of everyone else out there and I've been itching to get it. If I do, I was thinking about opening up a dialog with her about her watchmaker she's got 'on staff'. I'm going to propose that before shipping the watch to me that she have her watchmaker do a service, open up the watch, clean it, lube it, etc. ... for an extra nominal fee of course and then see what happens.

I discussed this on another thread and someone raised the "trust" red flag. But if Mary has been doing right by her clients, why wouldn't she do right by me as well. Again, another crap-shoot but perhaps I'll get better odds next time around.

djprone

I doubt it will be here in the next few days. I bought a watch off mary 3 weeks ago, its still not left china.