Sign in to follow this  
DenGNNJ

Received Two Watches Today ... Both DOA

DenGNNJ

Yup, that's right both. Bought them from one of our trusted dealers that supposedly does QC before shipping. I have three words for that claim ... NO EFFING WAY!

I just sent a watch back for repair yesterday and it cost me $33 for Express Mail with tracking. Now I'm going to have to do it again.

Mystery Shopper

You haven't done anything to upset the mail man have you?

Jeez, what a string of bad luck. Same dealer?

My main issue at the moment is a 2 month wait for an order. Have been told that it will be ready 'next week' since mid October. Not holding my breath. Again a trusted dealer.

DenGNNJ
You haven't done anything to upset the mail man have you?

Jeez, what a string of bad luck. Same dealer?

My main issue at the moment is a 2 month wait for an order. Have been told that it will be ready 'next week' since mid October. Not holding my breath. Again a trusted dealer.

My mailman likes me ... I get him a Christmas present every year.

No, not the same dealer ... different. AND ... I have one more on the way from him. At least I didn't pay with a MoneyGram.

So far in the past month I received eight watches ... three of them were for shit.

DenGNNJ

Two months is unacceptable. Have you sent a PM to one of the moderators yet ... they can step in and lend a hand.

AllergyDoc

I ship mine back via registered mail for about $18. The PO staff wrap the box in that adhesive gum-tape and you get a tracking #. The tracking doesn't work as well as with Express Mail but when shipping to China (where most watches have to go) the wait is AFTER the package gets there. It can take a month for a package to finally make its way to the repair address.

DenGNNJ
I ship mine back via registered mail for about $18. The PO staff wrap the box in that adhesive gum-tape and you get a tracking #. The tracking doesn't work as well as with Express Mail but when shipping to China (where most watches have to go) the wait is AFTER the package gets there. It can take a month for a package to finally make its way to the repair address.

You know Doc, I'm pretty new to this rep collecting business. What percentage of good to bad do you get? The way you wrote that paragraph, sending watches back to China is a normal part of this hobby.

AllergyDoc

I've had to send three back in 4 years. I've had three more break but their repair people were in the states. Each time I shipped to China the watches were received and either repaired or replaced.

You've had a string of poor luck. If it continues, I'd get out. Every now-and-then the rep Gods pick some poor guy to screw with and no matter what he does he gets watches that break or arrive DOA. It doesn't happen often but, you know, if you end up being the guy it sucks.

Edit to add: I've bought at least 150. I've had pretty good luck.

Edited by AllergyDoc

gB.
Edit to add: I've bought at least 150. I've had pretty good luck.

Now you've just jinxed yourself and may be "that guy" next. :facepalm:

Quick, offer up one of your reps for a VIP giveaway to appease the rep gods.... :lmao2:

ImWatchingYOU

I also had back luck with one of our trusted dealers. I received a cheaper model of the watch I ordered, and if you guys wouldnt tell me that it's the cheaper version I would'nt know..

So sent the dealer an email and they agreed to refund me the payment if I send the watch back. That's what I'm going to do...

turnipz

What dealer was it?

Balad1

+1

DenGNNJ
I also had back luck with one of our trusted dealers. I received a cheaper model of the watch I ordered, and if you guys wouldnt tell me that it's the cheaper version I would'nt know..

So sent the dealer an email and they agreed to refund me the payment if I send the watch back. That's what I'm going to do...

You should bring this up with one of the forum Moderators. If a trusted dealer sends something by mistake that's one thing, everyone makes mistakes. But if they do this often then that's totally anohter matter. Then they don't deserve to have trusted dealer status. The only way the Mods will know if this is a pattern with a particular dealer is if you and everyone else that has a problem gets them involved. The Mods need us to tell them what's going on out there so they can see the big picture.

KBH

You should bring this up with one of the forum Moderators. If a trusted dealer sends something by mistake that's one thing, everyone makes mistakes. But if they do this often then that's totally anohter matter. Then they don't deserve to have trusted dealer status. The only way the Mods will know if this is a pattern with a particular dealer is if you and everyone else that has a problem gets them involved. The Mods need us to tell them what's going on out there so they can see the big picture.

I may be wrong but I believe this case was already handled and the dealer. He admitted his people sent about a dozen of the wrong watches out and he made good on all of them. It was a batch of Subs from Timeshops as I recall.

mbjoer

Coming back to the DOA issue, I have so far been spared this from dealers. But there have been issues along the way.

Given the complications of sending back to China I routinely send a box to Domi. For AR, re-lume, water proofing and repair. This is not too expensive, and I feel confident that I get a reasonable service.

Remember that to find a watch you can use out of the box is possible. It just doesn't always happen that way.

With some watches you can predict it (rep-straps are crap....mostly), but sometimes you will only discover when you hole the watch in your hand.

To me it is a numbers game. Work out the average, not the price of each watch. In the end it is all a heck of a lot cheaper than buying Gens.

thunder92

Let US not just the moderators know how it turns out. Thats the only thing that keeps these guys legit imo. But when all done and said please post names and results under their feedback too.

DenGNNJ

Let US not just the moderators know how it turns out. Thats the only thing that keeps these guys legit imo. But when all done and said please post names and results under their feedback too.

From what I can gather, 'ImWatchingYOU' issue was resolved. Mine's still ongoing as I only shipped the two watches back to China last week.

When the issue is over I'll be writing up a full review in the appropriate section. Stay tuned.

andygt

I wonder how many are sent back DOA when all they need is a shake to get them going...

Also remember there is nothing the dealers can do about postmen who play football with your parcel - the reason they are trusted is that they will replace DOAs and lost packages rather than tell you "solly flend no my plobrem"

DenGNNJ
I wonder how many are sent back DOA when all they need is a shake to get them going...

Also remember there is nothing the dealers can do about postmen who play football with your parcel - the reason they are trusted is that they will replace DOAs and lost packages rather than tell you "solly flend no my plobrem"

I wound, I shook, I tapped (all gently) ... I think I did everything short of hooking it up to a de-fib. unit. The other one the rotor was not properly secured to the winding mechanism and was loose inside the clear caseback.

Of the several of reps I received, ironically this one was had the best packaging ... box, bubble wrapped watches, packing material taking up the 'dead air space', heavily taped ... you name it. I think this is a case of 1) The dealer that was supposed to QC the watches didn't because of being too busy or forgot, 2) Bad luck.