Sign in to follow this  
DenGNNJ

I Think I May Have Angered the Watch Gods...

DenGNNJ

...with yesterday's vulgar rant about a certain chronograph movement's propensity for fellating endowed male equines. So far of the watches I've received, 33% are going back to their respective dealers for repair. Have any of you had this kind of losing streak? Is this what I'm SUPPOSED to expect from this hobby?

I have more watches in transit, four of which are gifts for my neices and nephews (early 20s). Should I be worried that their gifts are going to end up on a junk pile??

I'd appreciate some thoughts.

Baldrick

Yes, you should be afraid. worried and afraid :lmao2:

Luthier

33%? Sooo... how many did you buy, and what's the problems with watches?

Maybe some pictures of the flaws?

greg_r

You've been really unlucky.

Out of 50+ watches in the last 3 years, I've had 3 faulty plus another in need of service. All but the latter were cheapies - my more expensive reps have been first class.

Overall, unless you're only buying low-cost reps from dealers that dropship - or nothing but A7750s (which can, as you've found, be a bit of a mixed bag - especially in certain configurations), I wouldn't expect you to have that many problems. Stick to non-chronos for a while - it should help to get your averages up :lol:

DenGNNJ
33%? Sooo... how many did you buy, and what's the problems with watches?

Maybe some pictures of the flaws?

I bought a net total of twelve in the past month. Here's a breakdown...

Swiss Expert - 1 Rolex Day/Date w/a little 'bling'- pre-forum, nice watch but overpaid - Received and OK

Watch Eden - 1 Hysek Abyss Explorer - Out of Stock (long story), Asked for refund

PureTime - 1 Concord C1 - received and OK, 1 $9 Cartier Santos Special - received and OK, 1 Chanel J12 Chrono - Sent back for repair

PureTime (gifts) - 1 Fendi, 1 Canel J12, 1 B&R 02 Chrono, 1 Rolex Submariner, 1 $9 Cartier Santos Special Chrono - All in transit

TimesShops - 1 B&R 02, 1 Chopard Gran Turismo XL - Both non-functional, both to return

Robert - 1 Piaget, 1 Blancpain, 1 Breguet (one of his bundle deals) - All three OK

Robert - Rolex Yacht Master - In transit

TimesShop - 1 MontBlanc - In transit

Asian7750 - 1 Rolex GMT II 50 Anniversary - In transit

There's nothing really to show in a photo of the flaws. Physically, the watches are beautiful ... I mean really beautiful. The two I have now, just don't run.

Luthier

Well... what'd you expect, buying from dropshippers?

DenGNNJ
You've been really unlucky.

Out of 50+ watches in the last 3 years, I've had 3 faulty plus another in need of service. All but the latter were cheapies - my more expensive reps have been first class.

Overall, unless you're only buying low-cost reps from dealers that dropship - or nothing but A7750s (which can, as you've found, be a bit of a mixed bag - especially in certain configurations), I wouldn't expect you to have that many problems. Stick to non-chronos for a while - it should help to get your averages up :D

Three out of fifty huh? Odds are in my favor for success now, no? LOL!

DenGNNJ
Well... what'd you expect, buying from dropshippers?

You're right! ... I am still new. But TimesShop doesn't drop ship, they say they inspect every watch. That's where my two latest bad ones are from.

I'm at the point now where if "Robert don't have it, I aint gettin' it". I want to give Mary a chance too, but after all this nonsense is over.