Sign in to follow this  
fluxian

Tag Carrera from Silix Mini Review

fluxian

Hi Chaps, short review from a recent purchase from Michelle at TD: SIlix Prime.

• Purchase: Tag Carrera automatic (WV211B.FC6202)
  • Arrival: Within 2 weeks
  • Cost: $258 USD
  • Case dimensions: 38mmx47mmx10mm
  • Movement: Swiss ETA-2824-2
  • Purchase experience: Excellent
  • General impression of case: Very good
  • Impression of dial: Good
  • Impression of Bracelet: Average

In a nutshell: Great comms and transit. I thought the bracelet was quite poor, jagged with a poor fit into the lug area so I replaced it with a black leather deployment number from the Bay. The dial is good but does move slightly when making an adjustment via the crown; as if it isn't quite secure but this is only when adjusting. The 12 O'Clock numeral looks a little deformed; as if the two lines aren't quite parallel.

On the whole though I am very happy, this watch is great with a black suit, the case metal is really good and the AR isn't half bad. See what you think chaps.

Album here, does anyone know how to embed images in a post? I keep getting the 'image extension' message.

N.Rico

very nice watch enjoy it .

fluxian

Thanks Harley, much appreciated.

Simms

Congrats on a nice pickup, enjoy it!

Mieskone

That's a cool tag!

Colinthomas

Yeas but need. To learn to post pix. Lol

Daywatch

Just copy "direct" in Photobucket and paste it here after clicking on "Image" in the toolbar on here:

014_zps6g5s6mpq.jpg

Congrats, if You already like this, You will be absolutely blasted by any super-rep in the $300 range - which is good news! Take a good look in Toro´s special offerings section too.

About this one:

- rep-straps are what they are, You will find much better quality on ebay or amazon, on panatime, watchbandcenter.com not to mention rwg´s personalized strapmakers like mcjules & others

- You need to open the caseback (with a rubberglove from the kitchen, push and turn) center the dial (turn the movement with a toothpick) and than tighten the 2 movement holding screws it probably has. It would be good to do this sooner or later before the screws fall off (and into the movement). This is fairly easy to do, removing the stem is not needed.

You need a tiny screwdriver (like for glasses or smaller).

- Have fun&enjoy