Sign in to follow this  
Tom3949

Hello from Sunny Liverpool

Tom3949

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've just joined the forum and put in an order for my first replica - a pan 111 Luminor Marina from Robert at PWC. Can't wait to get my hands on it - for $99 hopefully I can't go wrong. I'm really glad I found this site as I was nearly drawn in by a 'review' site which recommended a couple of suppliers - PerfectWatches.net and SuperWatches.net I think they were called. From a quick root around here it appears that all these sites are probably linked and are scammers - so thanks RWG!

I'm still a little confused on what to buy however - as there seems to be a lot of models of the same watch available at vastly different prices. I am considering a second purchase already, (well it's nearly Christmas!), so if anybody can recommend a good pan 183 Radiomir Black Seal, it would be appreciated. I've just had a quick peak at House of Souvenirs and they have 3 variants of this watch for $160, $200, and $330 and Robert at PWC has one for $99 - it's all very confusing! Hopefully I will get educated however.

Cheers

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :lol:....great choice for a first watch

Tom3949
welcome to the nuthouse :lol:....great choice for a first watch

Cheers, I've been an avid collector of guitar stomp boxes for a little while, but now I feel I have stumbled across something else to crave. This could end in divorce ...

:rofl:)

solkryssare

Sunny? Really? That's not the Liverpool I know and love :lol: Welcome to our little home away from home my friend.

djprone

welcome matey, good luck with your first rep!

Fiddo

Hello!

:lol:

Welcome!

sconehead

Welcome Tom...I too come from the sleepy little fishing village...red or blue mate...:lol:

bme

Welcome Tom

Calm down, calm down!

Del

Hello and welcome ;).

Nice first purchase ;).

trailboss99

Welcome, one of the Pam guys will no doubt be along shortly to set you straight on what's what with Black Seals.

I could try but I'd only lead you astray ;) I know someone (Mary, Robert?) had one recently that was very very good.

Col.

greg_r

Robert's $99 PAM183 is great for the money, but you can do better. Robert himself may well be able to supply a higher quality version - if he's still got them, this version is the one to buy... http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...ost&p=67568

A lot of the dealers are selling the $99 watch with a few simple upgrades and charging upwards of $150 for it, but I'd give that a miss. It really isn't worth it as there are too many other limitations - I'd either go for the $99 version and be happy, or spend over $200 and go for the one I linked - it's a much higher quality watch.

Generally what you're paying for if you spend more is a better quality/more accurate case and dial, engraved bridges on the movement (instead of stickered) and, sometimes, better lume.

Tom3949
Welcome Tom...I too come from the sleepy little fishing village...red or blue mate...:lol:

I'm from the blue side of the sleepy little fishing village - but am getting a little bit fed up with 'money' football and am currently supporting Barrow!

How bizzare is that!

Tom3949
Robert's $99 PAM183 is great for the money, but you can do better. Robert himself may well be able to supply a higher quality version - if he's still got them, this version is the one to buy... http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...ost&p=67568

A lot of the dealers are selling the $99 watch with a few simple upgrades and charging upwards of $150 for it, but I'd give that a miss. It really isn't worth it as there are too many other limitations - I'd either go for the $99 version and be happy, or spend over $200 and go for the one I linked - it's a much higher quality watch.

Generally what you're paying for if you spend more is a better quality/more accurate case and dial, engraved bridges on the movement (instead of stickered) and, sometimes, better lume.

Thanks Greg. It's a bit of a lottery out there for someone who doesn't know their way so I appreciate the advice.

KBH

Liverpool = Beatles.

That's all I know.

Demsey
Liverpool = Beatles.

That's all I know.

And he drives car and votes folks. Drives a car and votes.

Welcome scouser. Nice town. Quaint little drinking village with a fishing problem. Live the dream.

Birds dun lahk Panereh. They lahk Rolex son. Graht beeg 'airy men prefer Panereh. Do the math m8!

KBH

Well since Demsey's being rude again I might as well show you folks his commercial fishing boat. I was up his way last week.

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

DenGNNJ

Welcome from New Joisey!

Tom3949

These look stunning! As soon as my $99 Pam 111 arrives I just NEED to have one of these!

... or is there anything better lurking around the forum!?

sconehead
Welcome scouser. Nice town. Quaint little drinking village with a fishing problem. Live the dream.

You ever visited here Dems?

Tom3949

Oh dear - I've just put an order in for a Marina Miliraire watch from Getat. I think I'm addicted ...

greg_r
Oh dear - I've just put an order in for a Marina Miliraire watch from Getat. I think I'm addicted ...

And so it begins..... :)

Tom3949

And so it begins..... :thumbsup:

Just changed the order with Tat to a 47mm 1950s with superlume and the PVD mechanism option, but I think I still NEED the orignal Marina Militaire watch I was going to order from him, plus a couple of his 'no name' customs which are cool, plus one of his 46mm pilots, and at least one of those high end Panerais that Robert is selling at PWC, (ok - I admit it I'd like all of them).

I think I've got problems!

My name is Tom and I think I may be an addict ...

:wave:

Demsey
You ever visited here Dems?

Only in my dreams. I have friends who had last Spring. They loved it and recommended it.

Maybe I'll take a road trip next time over. I'm getting bored of Surrey and Aberdeenshire. I need to explore the bits in between. It would be Fab. Gear.