Sign in to follow this  
justclark

Y3135 with gen date wheel issue

justclark

I recently put a gen date wheel in a yuki 3135, but the date wheel doesn't flip correctly. It seems to get caught up and turn very slowly around midnight, and it keeps slipping when i try to manually change the date. At first i thought i messed up something with the movement, but when i put the original DW back in, it works fine.

Has anyone run into this issue before? Perhaps the gen DW is thicker and gets caught on the little tabs holding it in? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Ephry73

Measure the thickness of the original Yuki disc and sand the back of the gen to that spec. I found te gen disc to be slightly thicker than the Yuki part. Hope that helps.

justclark

That seems like intricate work, but perhaps I'll give it a shot when i work up the courage

Ephry73

Wear gloves, preferably latex or the like. Clean surface and steady hand. No coffee before doing this. Imagine you're a country music slide-guitar player and you're performing a guitar solo. you can do this back and forth, or in circles. just make sure you do it evenly.

Practice with a date disc you don't care for at first. You can do it.

E

justclark

Went for it, and you know what, not as difficult as it sounds. Flips nice and smooth now, thanks for the tips!

Ephry73

We are missing a Like button here. Kudos for trying! That is what it's all about in our community, trying and experimenting and making/putting together things with our own sense of style and spice.

E

JSJ

Well done guys :).

rawr zhu

intersting i am thinking about buying a 3135 from yuki for my future tc sub i will bookmark this page thanks

Ephry73
intersting i am thinking about buying a 3135 from yuki for my future tc sub i will bookmark this page thanks

Do it, get it serviced and enjoy.