Sign in to follow this  
DR3M3L

RWI Down - SYN Attack

DR3M3L

RWI is currently under attack and I can't do anything but wait. This SYN attack went trough every security system we're running and it's beyond my knowledge to get up and running again at this point without doing any harm to the machine.

4A99Onm.png

I'm keeping an eye on the situation and hope to see them go again soon.

takoxavy

Thanks bro!

elp

Ouch ... good luck Joran, keep up the good fight!

Ruski91

Crap - quickly checked in here to get an update and see that its not the best of news. Hopefully you guys get it back up and running soon. Best of luck Joran

Jonnybaws

Bastards....

Good luck getting it sorted mate!!

Retina

they sure have loads of free time -.-''

hope it turns out well Joran!

Martijn0007

Best of luck Joran.

I hope the kid who's responsable for this will stop soon.

P4GTR

Joran, just reboot the server. That fixes everything! :finger:

nunu78

Joran, just reboot the server. That fixes everything! :finger:

:rofl:

DR3M3L

Looks like my IP banning system is up and running with good results... They are now being banned in about 10 seconds after they start spooling. However, due to the heavy attack I have set the BAN limits quite low, if you get a 503 error you are probably banned for 600 seconds. I'll raise the limits again when the attack is going away to make sure no non-attackers are banned again.

Thanks all, looks like we can enjoy the dark side again. :wave:

DR3M3L

I shouldn't have said anything..... Boom, there we go, thousands of IP's are sending smaller packets.... We're down again, and will be for quite some time I'm afraid.

Don't expect the site to be up in the next hour as I also need to drive home, will update later.

Stuvetjee

Looks like my IP banning system is up and running with good results... They are now being banned in about 10 seconds after they start spooling. However, due to the heavy attack I have set the BAN limits quite low, if you get a 503 error you are probably banned for 600 seconds. I'll raise the limits again when the attack is going away to make sure no non-attackers are banned again.

And a 521 error? :P :rofl:

co-axial

Ouch! Thanks for the heads up. Was worried already not being able to access next door :(

P4GTR

I shouldn't have said anything..... Boom, there we go, thousands of IP's are sending smaller packets.... We're down again, and will be for quite some time I'm afraid.

Don't expect the site to be up in the next hour as I also need to drive home, will update later.

Joran, it's the red wire. Unplug it, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. You can do it.

it-guy-0013.png

DR3M3L

Me blocking any incoming connections right now.

Stuvetjee

You mean cockblocking right?

Minty007

Damn hacking bastards... rooting for you Joran - good luck!

xj4sonx

did you turn it off and back on

good luck Joran

DR3M3L

I suspect txrob to chime in in 3....2......1.........

P4GTR

You mean cockblocking right?

I thought he sets all ports wide open for those?

Joran is not amused with me today. Hang in there buddy. :lol:

Freeboy

Well, I am not sure if and when punishment for hacking makes sense, but honestly this is not ok. MAybe its North Korea and they are jeleous that there TDs are not being acknowlegeded! lol

cb_5150

Good luck Joran.....

TxRub779

HERE................You called?

I am standing watch with my hog leg loaded....

Thrasher

DAMN THE SWISS, DAMN THEM ALL, except Rep watch lovers who happen to be Swiss. This is clearly the work of the Swiss watch industry.

DR3M3L
HERE................You called?

I am standing watch with my hog leg loaded....

That took long........... :rofl:

And FWIW, it looks like it comes from Russia so no need for bashing other countries :lol: