Sign in to follow this  
black263

How to turn a low-beat Invicta with crap timekeeping into a high beat, within COSC standards, using only a timegrapher and 10 mins of time.

wannashmooze

This really interest me. I just ordered a watch that was listed on the website to have a 28800 new beat POS movement but the QC picture of timographer shows 21600.

I told the TD to send the watch anyway because the rest of the pics look great and the beat difference didn't really bother me since it would've been a new beat POS movement anyway. i figured im probably better off with a 21j running at 21600 than a POS mvt running at 28800

But wait!!!

I rechecked the timographer in the QC pics after reading this and surprise! It does have the red light on.... I had no idea what that light meant until now.

I guess this means the picture was probably faked out for some reason.

Dont know why the TD would want me to think he was sending me a 21j when his watch is supposed to be a new beat. I'll know as soon as the watch arrives which will hopefully be today.

The one thing I'm learning about this hobby is that you must remain vigilant take everything with a grain of salt and enjoy the ride. Thanks for this write up it was a good eye opener!

narikaa

Whilst not disparaging fellow TD's

Why

Well the TD doesn't personally do the QC paraphernalia he subs the work out, and therein I suspect lies the rub...get one good setting and trot them through. (Its the old Blackadder the executioner episode - but with epicanthic folds - as he reviews the upcoming executions and decides to kill them all on Monday and have the rest of the week off)

But as a general Guangzhou rule, Believe nothing, check everything, then check everything again before parting with seller, then count your fingers.

:giggle: