Sign in to follow this  
Phantomtech

Full review of all 5227 watches in all metals. (Pic heavy)

Robin195959
Thanks for the help guys. The 5227 looks even better in the flesh.

Pics to follow?

Kleen™

Excellent comparison, Phantom - makes choosing the appropriate version a whole lot easier...

millionaire wannabe

Gorgeous! Excellent reviews! Stunning pics! But....uhm....I kinda opened this thread expecting to see reviews of 5,227 watches!??! :lol: I was expecting the mother lode, a thread that could take WEEKS to read? So many watches it would be a feat of comprehension to take it all in? So, finding just 3, was slightly underwhelming tbh.

But those 3 are very, very nice! So I still leave happy, and have learned that 5227 is a ref. # to a Patek. And not 5,227 watch reviews! :lmao: :lol::facepalm:

henrychinaski
Wondering if anyone has order one of the Miyota's from Toro with the decorated movement plates?

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=102_266&product_id=1368

Nope, they don't look good!

DC

Ok, fair enough. I certainly do value your opinion rather highly DC being one of the kings of PP reps!

May I ask what you don't like about them? Are the decorated plates not as per gen? Engraving off? Do they add size to the thickness?

Cheers mate

Henry

_DC_
Wondering if anyone has order one of the Miyota's from Toro with the decorated movement plates?

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=102_266&product_id=1368

Nope, they don't look good!

DC

Ok, fair enough. I certainly do value your opinion rather highly DC being one of the kings of PP reps!

May I ask what you don't like about them? Are the decorated plates not as per gen? Engraving off? Do they add size to the thickness?

Cheers mate

Henry

It's mainly the extra thickness which is something you don't want from a Calatrava, they are dress watches and as such they're meant to be slim and elegant, which the standard Miyota rep manages to do brilliantly. The side profile pictures on Toro make this new version look like a behemoth!!

6654B678-798A-4BE1-90E7-89C1FB7AE6AA_zps7n3fe2mk.jpg

But also they seem to have gone back to the thinner bezel of the 2824 movement 5227 which makes the dial look unbalanced, and for the real detail freaks out there the date font is a bit pants too!

DC

Iamthetrent

How bad is the officer case back exactly? I know you say it's floppy but do you think it will be prone to breaking overtime?

Godfathar

who says it's floppy?

Godfathar

^^ buddy, that's a thread for the 5227 !!! why discuss the 5296 over here ?