Sign in to follow this  
thunder92

Why do these guys put all these watchs on their sites if they don't have them?

thunder92

This is the 2nd or 3rd watch that supposevely has something defective and can't ship. Don't buy that, they just don't have it. How about marking it as "out of stock". Guess a ton of out of stock signs wouldn't be good for business though.

bme
This is the 2nd or 3rd watch that supposevely has something defective and can't ship. Don't buy that, they just don't have it. How about marking it as "out of stock". Guess a ton of out of stock signs wouldn't be good for business though.

I'd rather not receive a defective watch and admire the honesty of the dealer..........but that's just me! Plenty of other dealers recommended here and damned good they are too!! Maybe try one of them?

greg_r

Bear in mind that many dealers do not actually hold stock (or only hold stock of the more popular models) - often they obtain the watch from the manufacturer on request. Until somebody actually asks for it, they may not know that it's not available.

Also bear in mind you're not buying from Amazon - they don't have a team of people doing nothing but keeping the website up to date...

Aren

Why do these guys put all these watches on their sites if they don't have them?

For the same reason RG shows so many members they don't actually have on their site.

It looks impressive. :thumbsup:

Appearance isn't everything

...in some cases...it's the only thing !

thunder92

I'd rather not receive a defective watch and admire the honesty of the dealer..........but that's just me! Plenty of other dealers recommended here and damned good they are too!! Maybe try one of them?

It was a trusted dealer here:) . Twice now I've ordered a watch, they accepted payment and then after it didn't pass inspection(didn't have) they emailed me. Actually I had to email them this time because I never received any update or shipping. If you guys buy the "didnt pass inspection thing" thats up to you. But believe me, they don't have the watch. They drive way more business with tons of watches on sites and then try to move people into the actual ones they can get. Seen this before. Not saying they are horrible or that I won't buy from them, just calling it what it is. This is what we get for buying watches this way its just frustrating imo.

daytona4me

@thunder,

You are absolutely correct. It's not that they are defective, it's that they have no stock.

Understand how this works, the dealer likely has no clue what goes in and out of stock in the markets on a daily basis therefore they sell everything as In Stock, when they get your order they go to the market and try to fill it. This is when they find out that it is not in stock and that it is not going to be made for a while OR ever..

From a dealers perspective, they would rather get your money and then ask you to select something else rather than to not get your money at all.

If they tell you that it is not in stock, you will go elsewhere and have another dealer do exactly as I described above, take your money then ask you to select something else.

Also,, if the dealers you are dealing with are in or near Guangzhou, if one dealer tells you that there is no stock you are not going to get it from another dealer. The only stock that a dealer carries usually is the most popular current models especially of new watch models that are expected to get popular.

I purchased from a pretty good size supplier who supplied many people, however, most days he had to go to the market to fill orders, he does not carry the stock. Another good reason to not carry stock is if the Chinese Government raids his business or home, he will be out a lot of money that he will not recover from.

thunder92

Great answer Daytona.thanks! That I buy.

KBH

Are you speaking of Watch Eden? They're known for that.

thunder92

No. HOS. Been real nice in all emails just ready to get a darn watch already.

KBH

What I would do is get a picture of the watch you are looking for and give it to your favorite dealer. Ask them if it's available. They all pretty much get them from the same wholesalers.