machiavegli

REVIEW -- Rep vs. Gen: Audemars Piguet Tourbillon

Nikohublot

For those who are unaware . The JF is working on this AP Tourby actually with a new slim tourby movt. That means the JF Version will be 10mm thick instead of 12,xx . Also they hour reduction gear is now gold plated and "cutout" like the gen :D . I am so exited :)

couleur

Despite how close the rep is, the thickness is a big tell. Its significantly different than gen, so anyone who knows about watches will be able to spot the difference. You'll be surprised to see even the AP 44mm ROOs, although they are only 2mm difference in height but when you see a gen on wrist you can immediately tell the difference between the rep. It is really that slim, anyone with a trained eye for gen AP can easily call out.

But usually if I know I was going to meet a friend who has a gen 44mm ROO, i'll wear long sleeves and stacks some bracelets at the front the camo the thickness, otherwisel i'll just wear my diver. :D

machiavegli

Update: my rep is going on 2 years old with frequent (weekly?) use. The movement is still perfectly accurate and zero issues. Still gets attention. This is one reliable tourby.

-Mach

machiavegli
For those who are unaware . The JF is working on this AP Tourby actually with a new slim tourby movt. That means the JF Version will be 10mm thick instead of 12,xx . Also they hour reduction gear is now gold plated and "cutout" like the gen :D . I am so exited :)

Niko, this is amazing. I'll be first in line to buy one and do a side by side comparo. I hope they just offer the blue dial, having other non-gen color options is just silly.

-Mach

machiavegli

***EDITED 11 APRIL 2018***  All images reuploaded to different image host for your enjoyment  -Mach

MysticalCamo

Amazing review on the Tourbillion AP. I’ve been looking forever for anything comparing the rep vs gen on the Tourbillion and this one is great. My only problem is not your review but the fact that I can’t find a comparison of the “Openworked” Tourbillion which is disappointing because I’m more interested in the skeleton dial than the reg Tourbillion AP rep.

PeriP

Thanks for the nice review

elementsk7

such an amazing review, thank you!

Ksaeed721

Good comparison :thumbsup: 

VMSG

Amazing review

Havitetty

Thank you for sharing ! The time and effort you have taken is wonderful and well appreciated.

Operator10

Great comparison, and good to hear an update on reliability 2 years on - if gen wasn't 100k+ I'd get one in a heartbeat.

Kliensberg

Wow . Great Review. 

I just saw an updated one which is listed on Trustytime on 12th August 2018.

www.trustytime.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_428&products_id=18916

Noted that the QC pics have corrected:

a) the power reserve meter

b) the word "swiss"

Would you recommend a buy on this one?

Thanks