Sign in to follow this  
theflyingdutchman

Calling all Dutch people (and others!)

theflyingdutchman

Hi there,

it might be on short notice, but maybe you still can make it! A GTG on the Zondag 16 januari 2011. The plans have been set to:

1. first visit www.derikketik.nl/ ... there even is a hidden rep dealer on that show...

2. and then we meet and drink...

3. and ....

Just sign into this thread and maybe we even can car pool...

Dutchy

Edited by theflyingdutchman

Silverspeed

If I can make it on the 16th.....sounds good

onzenuub

Travelling to UK on the 16th. :thud:

Hollywood

Wow zeker wel interresse, denk dat ik wel ga:)

baruch

mhwaa klinkt niet slecht.

theflyingdutchman

13 days to the meeting - starting 11 AM at front door!

theflyingdutchman

12 days to go! ...and afterwards we eat, drink and watch here: http://www.mariautrecht.nl/ and there also will be female collectors joining us...bad luck that Onzenuub cannot join in!

wombosi

Unfortunately I'm not in The Netherlands that day. Don't forget to post some pics of the meeting afterwards!

solkryssare

I wish I could join you guys......

AustinTech

You realize that this GTG is also competing with Dingle and I's awesome GTG in Willacoochee, GA.

Nothing in Dutchland can compete with Willacoochee.

theflyingdutchman
You realize that this GTG is also competing with Dingle and I's awesome GTG in Willacoochee, GA.

yes, but we WIN! We have women joining in to our GTG... for beer and watch(ing)....

onzenuub

yes, but we WIN! We have women joining in to our GTG... for beer and watch(ing)....

In Willacoochee it will be Dingle and??????????????????

theflyingdutchman

In Willacoochee it will be Dingle and ...and his berries!

theflyingdutchman

11 days to go BUMP!

theflyingdutchman

8 day bump!

theflyingdutchman

Maybe a new location: www.dewinkelvansinkel.nl

theflyingdutchman

Written my Mette:

Dear all,

I somehow can't get to the reply-thingy on the board; so here you go:

Now for the extended review of our GTG jan. ’11:

We gatered 11ish at the front door of the Rikketik expo. Everybody was already there when I arrived fashionably late! I did the phone-ringing trick to find our who the geeks where; there we’re some others at the door. Introduced ourselves and got going.

The expo was a trip, sometimes back in time with lots of vintage and sometimes really nice minters. Amazing to see crap on one hand, on the other loads of really great HIGH end stuff like PAMS, Vacherins, Pateks Rollies and others. When I now think of it, I realise the guys in the back of the hall had a small fortune in watches for sale.

The strangest thing I found was that where two, of which we knew, that actually sold REPS. One had them stacked in a hidden briefcase, the other had them displayed in a box just in front on the table, for every one to see/ touch/ inspect. I always had the assumption the GENS lovers would lite on fire if they would know there where REP dealers around?! Seems like the business is changing...

After we gathered again and had a coffee we drove ourselves, as if it was a Military Colon, to Utrecht. The tall bronze ladies at the front welcomed us as we sat down at the ideal long table; as if they knew we where coming. Not long after the same table was stacked with everything that has to do with REPS: Watch boxes, tools, booklets, beer topped off with GEEKSSSS!

Amaizing to find out you are not the only one to always have a cleaning cloth near your babies! Nice to see other brands, to be able to put them on your wrists, feel them, admire them and most of all get them smudged

The D-man brought along some hardcover brochures of the brands we all luv. I took one of his Breitling books as this one had the original Blackbird model in it :D

Capice took along Andy and Alex; watch-case maker if I am correct and watchmaker. They really know what they are talking about; Alex did a small hands on tuto on how the reversing wheel works, what the basic differences are in chines vs. Swiss etc. Very interesting! I also understood there will be the option to have workshop with Alex. He can train us to do our own servicing and regulating starting with a basic 2824-2. (correct me if I am wrong).

Then it happened: D-man tapped his glass and D and Capice showed their CUSTOMS-FIOD-card: He stated we all had to give up our REPS! Every ones hart missed a beat, I am sure mine did ;) ..... WE GOT PRANKED! BIGTIME!

All in all a success as we already could read of our last posts. I hope next time there will be more GEEKS: not only the ones that show up, but also the ones that confirmed their presence here on the board, but never showed up at the GTG:

too bad you guys missed on hell of an afternoon!

A special thanks goes out to:

- our Belgium friends that came all the way from Anvers and a little town near Hasselt,

- Alex and Andy for giving us some very use full info,

- Rogers for letting me touch his holy grail,

- D-man for his nice presents,

- RG DUTCH for the peace sign ;)

- Capice for his Photoshoppin’ (really like the way he managed to combine the brands to the persons)

@ Mike; How’s it hangin’? Feeling better? Look at it this way: You get to spend more time in bed with the wifey ;)

@ Capice: Damn I missed out on the collection your brought: there really are some that would luved to have on my wrist: next time you will sit next to me!

Thanks all for reading!

Regards,

IMMette

theflyingdutchman

So who else is joining!? We are now +/- 10! Meeting at the front door 16th.10/10:30 on the www.derikketik.nl

theflyingdutchman

Next NL/BEN/D GTG; http://www.derikketik.nl/ 13th.01.2013 at 10:30 at the door

theflyingdutchman

1 day to go!

Satya

Ik zie dit nu. Was het bier wel echt :-))

Edited by Satya

PetshaFey

I'm there!! Dutchman you got my number right? and the other post is gathering 10:30 infront of the door :P on your request btw :P:P

and you promised girls.... i will keep you to that :P

Anyone traveling from Rotterdam area?