Sign in to follow this  
aargh

Hello!

aargh

Nice to meet you all, I've been reading a lot the past few days about reps, movements, and reading tonnes of awesome reviews! It sure is addicting.

I recently got the watch bug, bought a few gen watches, Omega Seamaster Bond GMT, Speedmaster Pro, and a Tag Heuer Chrono, and that kinda took the wind outta my bank acct :lol: I really wanted another watch, but wasn't sure I should keep plopping down all this cash, I really just like the look of these things! I think the engineer in me, likes to look at the moving gears.

I just ordered my first rep from Lawrence at ReplicaMake, a 42mm black Omega Planet Ocean with an Asian movement, I figured from what I read that since its a non-chrono the Asian is as good as the ETA. Hopefully this rep looks the part. That pearl can sometimes be a dead giveaway.

I think I've developed pearl-itis, every picture I look at the first thing my eye gravitates towards is that pearl and then the happy feet.

trailboss99

LOL, welcome mate, I think you mean Lay at Replica Make tho. Lawrence is House of Souvenirs.

Yeah, the clone is near as good as the gen Swiss for a non chrono MVT.

Which Speedy do you have?

Col.

aargh
LOL, welcome mate, I think you mean Lay at Replica Make tho. Lawrence is House of Souvenirs.

Yeah, the clone is near as good as the gen Swiss for a non chrono MVT.

Which Speedy do you have?

Col.

Yeah Lay, not Lawrence... my bad.

I have an old Speedy Pro.... It has the see-through back (863 movement, kinda rare I think since at the time the solid back was using the 861 mov and only the see through backs got the 863 movement, which is the same mov but without the plastic part that the 861s had)

I traced down the serial number and it was made in the late 80s. So the watch is well into its 20s. It looked pretty beat up when I got it, but keeps real good time. I spent some time with an electric toothbrush, some Simichrome and a polishing cloth and now it looks spanking new.

I got all the scratches out of the hesalite too. I must say, at first I thought the hesalite would be troublesome since it is so prone to scratches, but i love touching that hesalite crystal, it has a softness feel to it that isn't sterile like sapphire or mineral glass.

I noticed that the reps of the speedy pro can't seem to quite get that subdial spacing right. I think for people who wear the gen Speedy often, it sadly sticks out like a sore thumb. but that rep speedy day date is really spot on, I might get one of those next.

trailboss99

Yeah, that's why I don't have rep Speedy, that spacing annoys me even tho it's only a mm.

There is a new MVT coming out that will cure the problem but non of the factories have made a speedy with it as yet. There is probably a few years worth of dials piled up somewhere they want to work their way thru first.

Col.

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :rolleyes:

oscarmadfish

Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •

•。★Christmas★ 。* 。

° 。 ° ˚* _Π_____*。*˚

˚ ˛ •˛â€¢*/______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛

˚ ˛ •˛â€¢ | 田田|門| ˚And a happy new year

KinCaidk
Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •

•。★Christmas★ 。* 。

° 。 ° ˚* _Π_____*。*˚

˚ ˛ •˛â€¢*/______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛

˚ ˛ •˛â€¢ | 田田|門| ˚And a happy new year

:thumbsup2:

you like that one, don't you Ozzie?

Del

Hello and welcome :thumbsup2:. Hope you enjoy the forum!

Fiddo

Hello!

:(

Welcome!