Spackjarrow

Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167A -Asian 2824- PIC HEAVY.

Spackjarrow

Fellas,

I've been on the forum for a sometime now. Even bought some watches from the TDs listed. Andrew and M.

I've done all my research and got a lot from this forum. Time to share as much as I can.

So this madness over watches is so fresh! Only about a year, and it has had a lot of consequences on my wallet.

Let me start off with Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167A. its been over 10 weeks Im using this watch. Everyday. Occasionally substituting it with Submariner and 15300 SS black dial. pictures soon.

Ordering this and a AP 15300ST with Andrew and receiving it in about 4 weeks more or less.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=102416

In love with this watch. Totally smitten by the way this watch doesn't crave attention and when it does, its gets so much of it.

Does loose some minutes in a daily cycle and that hardly bothers me. the clasp initially was a little apart. checked it out in the forum. and Voila!! problem solved. it is still a little misaligned. and i'm still trying to sort that really minor setting done.

The strap smell of coconut and some other sorts of not so pleasant odours. But its better now.

4 weeks into using, I was winding it, the minute hand loosen and was misaligned. I took it to a local watch guys and they were able to sort it out for me for 15$.

And yes I will look up some photography tutorials as well.

Im not a geek geek. an enthusiast. be kind.

My wrist size is 6.5 inches. and I'm happy with the size.

20150603_124729_zpsw7msxdpk.jpg

20150603_124649_zpso2tj46hq.jpg

20150603_124631_zpsms3irhqk.jpg

20150603_124400_zpspqnap2js.jpg

20150603_124329_zpsqfricn19.jpg

20150603_124300_zpscludaxzd.jpg

20150521_190301_zpsvwvfqrfk.jpg

20150521_190009_zpsij1at9cl.jpg

20150521_185948_zpsdilsmr6q.jpg

20150521_185917_zpsfqgnpgjj.jpg

20150521_185003_zpsezm4l4jv.jpg

20150521_184915_zpsmlbk0oub.jpg

Edited by nadeemfazlani

Markonymous

love it! Mine says hi:

2015_05_05_14_23_46.jpg

_DC_

Mine says hi too...

14323AFE-E474-4131-9177-22B23E4CCC94_zpsltg5bvoc.jpg

I absolutely love this watch, as you say it is very subtle and understated, but at the same time there is a lot of style to it when you look closely, and the dial is simply beautiful in the sunlight!

The misaligning hands issue you had is a common problem. Basically the hands on the aquanaut sit very close to the dial, and the numerals on the dial are very thick, so sometimes the hour hand can catch on the numerals and go out of alignment. I sorted mine simply by bending the hand slightly upwards away from the dial so it didn't foul the numerals any more, simple!!

A great watch and thorough review, congrats!

DC

Spackjarrow

im looking at your AP RO Chrono and PP 5130

Edited by nadeemfazlani

Martijn0007

Very nice mate! Thanks for the pictures and the review :thumbsup:

Cdevil

Thank you so much for the post! I am dying for the aquanaut SW200 movement.

budfox1028

I never really appreciated the Aquanaut, but I'm starting to see the beauty a lot more now. Looks amazing on your wrist!

Colinthomas

I'm so stuck between this and the RG myota model.

If you were to buy today would you get the myota or the Asian clone

_DC_
nice!

I do wish you'd contribute something worthwhile for a change roger13, all I see are short or one word posts from you lately! It's not all about post count you know?!

DC

RussP

Mine says Hello too.

This was my second rep since I joined the forum and it probably has the nicest decorated movement I've ever seen in a rep9178832946_103b4fde26_c.jpg

_DC_
nice!

I do wish you'd contribute something worthwhile for a change roger13, all I see are short or one word posts from you lately! It's not all about post count you know?!

DC

i tend to communicate as short and precise as possible and this watch is "nice". i´m more into nautilus but it has it´s beauty.

and as for the post count, i didn´t even try to sell anything in m2m.

so it´s just my way of reduced but correct communication...

but we both share the same wish for me, contributing a bit more content in the future.

i hope to find more time for this in the future...

Good to hear roger, on this forum you will truly find the more you put in the more you get out!

I agree with you on the Nautilus, though the Aquanaut is arguably the more versatile of the two, on a black band it works better for formal wear than a Nautilus on bracelet, for example

Don't think I could live without both though to be honest :P

DC

bowtiefanatc

This is definitely not helping my Aquanaut obsession. I need one now that I have finally settled in a better job and have some good extra cash flow coming in. Beautiful specimen!

Sinister81

Very nice pics! Which one did you alla buy? I love this watch and I really want one myself but I can't seem to find the right one.

So far I've bought most of my watches through Toro and he's got http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=102_220&product_id=523

I think the markers looks a bit light green on that version if I compare to your pics and pics of gen.

Trusty is a jungle (for a newbie..) and I find it hard to compare.

So again, which version did you alla buy? :)

Thanks!

thegolfman

How is this ticking away after 5 years...?  Just wondering if it held up.