Sign in to follow this  
mondeov6

Nice sterile Parnis from e-bay... and it was cheap....

mondeov6

The first of my three Parnis watches I bought through e-bay was in the mail today.

This one is a 47mm sterile vintage Pilot style with a dome shaped chrystal and a 28mm brown

leather strap. Asian 6497 hand wind movement. (I like them a lot!)

The strap is quite nice and soft but a bit short. (110/70) Lume is quite good, actually a bit better

than the camera I used could capture. Overall a very nice watch.

My winning bid was 30.44$ shipping was 15.50$. Considering the movment itself

usually is about 30-35$ I'd say this was a bit of a bargain.

I am giving this one away as a present and I think it will be appreciated.

Some pictures..........

parnster2.jpg

parnster.jpg

parnster3.jpg

parnsterlume.jpg

Member X

That's a damn good price, I've struggled to snipe anything at a decent price recently! :rofl:

Make sure the lug screws are tightened before passing it on - if anything, I would recommend getting some loctite stuff to make sure they stay put!

mondeov6
That's a damn good price, I've struggled to snipe anything at a decent price recently! :rofl:

Make sure the lug screws are tightened before passing it on - if anything, I would recommend getting some loctite stuff to make sure they stay put!

The screws were all very tight but I will take your advice and put some loctite on them anyway, so that the new owner would not have a problem

later on. I usually have no luck with my bidding at e-bay but all of a sudden I managed to get three very decent Parnis watches at around 30$ each.

Member X

Cool, well done! I think I will have to snipe over christmas when, hopefully, people will be tied up and not bidding... :rofl:

wombosi

Seems like a nice present to me. Nice purchase! Enjoy

Kutio

Very nice! I've been wanting to build a simple rad/pilot homage beater. Just never ended up investing on one. I think it would look perfect with a non-second dial like this one from Helena. It is a 39mm dial so it would fit perfectly in the Rad case.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT