Sign in to follow this  
DeepDiver73

Quick question for those with several watches....

DeepDiver73

Got my 2nd rep watch this week (2 previous attempts are still MIA) and after a few days of wearing it and leaving my DSSD to one side i noticed that the DSSD had stopped.

with those of you that have several watches do you ensure that all watches are kept ticking or do you let them chill out until you need them out of the watch box? How many of you really on watches winders to keep your collection ticking?

thanks in advance.... :popcorn:

greg_r

I have a winder but hardly ever use it. I rarely leave a watch as much as a month without wearing it, so I just leave 'em in the watchbox and get 'em started when I need 'em. Just give them chance to run fairly regularly and they'll be fine.

gB.

This is the one I bought from Ace Timer a while back. Works great and looks great. Was also great value for the money. :popcorn:

8-winder-rosewood-d.jpg

onzenuub

Quick answer: NO

NFleischer

I have alot of watches and only 4 winders- which I use mostly for gens. I try to keep most of the rest

running, but its impossible.

Del

I also asked the same question a while back - clicky :thumbsup:.

And I don't try to keep them running continually.

DeepDiver73
I also asked the same question a while back - clicky :thumbsup:.

And I don't try to keep them running continually.

thanks for the link Del... that and the answers above have certainly been very helpful as some of the watches i want to get won't get a huge amount of wrist time for various reasons.

Luthier
This is the one I bought from Ace Timer a while back. Works great and looks great. Was also great value for the money. :)

8-winder-rosewood-d.jpg

Unfortunately, this winder is useless for A7750 movements...

;)

PGL

I don't have a watch winder to put all my automatic watches in but every once in a while I shake my boxes a little and they start running for a bit... LOL (I am the worst example ever I guess) hahaha ;D

DeepDiver73

:)

Why do you need a special winder for the 7750 movement? i notice that they have one specificaly listed for the 7750 movement.

regards

bob

wizawuza
Why do you need a special winder for the 7750 movement? i notice that they have one specificaly listed for the 7750 movement.

regards

bob

Because a7750 movement only gets wound in one direction... I wouldn't say the "non a7750 winders" are USELESS, just their maximum setting is effectively halved, since it winds in both directions.. so it's only half as effective as it should be..

gB.

:)

Exactly, which is why the couple 7750's I own are not on a winder. You can buy winders that will only wind one way full time to accommodate 7750 type movements that wind only one way, but they're more expensive and not really worth it IMHO...

DeepDiver73

Thanks guys! :D

wombosi

I have a couple of watches and only wear a few of them on regular basis. These are winded most of the time. The rest of them only runs a couple of times a year.

Is it actually bad for a watch if it doesn't run for a while? Lets say a month or more?

Luthier

No, nothing bad. Watch can be out of use for a years, and will work perfectly, once you wind it up.