Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

What is this type of strap called and where can I get one?

dfq23

Seen a type of strap I think would look good on my BPFF for the summer.

It is this style

L1200033+(1).jpg

Rubber with a chequer plate pattern on it like the retro divers like Longines, these and others have. Thing is I can't find any like this. I can find rubber tropics with a similar pattern but they have holes on the straps as well which is not what I want.

Can anyone advise what this style are called if possible and where I may be able to get one

thanks

Venomous

Carbon fibre pattern perhaps?

V

Baldrick

Kevlar style....you might find some here....!

http://www.internationalwatchman.com/buckles/SINGLEFLIPDBOPEN.html

dfq23

Thanks very much gents. I'll have a good peruse through those links.

Just liking the retro style and think would be nice for the summer

mysterio

It's called a rubber tropic strap.

Kaiser

They are indeed tropic straps, they were often mounted on the vintage FF's

image.jpg1_zps9usroc3p.jpg

trailboss99

For Tropic straps (gen NOS and copies) this is the guy to go to: http://stores.ebay.com.au/squinky/Tropic-rubber-straps-/_i.html?_fsub=10&_sid=1141881&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

If it says "tropic strap" or "NOS tropic" it's a genuine 60s or 70s NOS strap, if it says "tropic type/style" it's a modern copy.

Tropic straps were often found on Rolex subs. Back then you could buy a sub minus the bracelet and to save money many people did just that and the most popular strap to put it on was a Tropic. I have bought quite a few straps from Squinky and have nothing but good to say about his product and service.

Kcore
For Tropic straps (gen NOS and copies) this is the guy to go to: http://stores.ebay.com.au/squinky/Tropic-rubber-straps-/_i.html?_fsub=10&_sid=1141881&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

If it says "tropic strap" or "NOS tropic" it's a genuine 60s or 70s NOS strap, if it says "tropic type/style" it's a modern copy.

Tropic straps were often found on Rolex subs. Back then you could buy a sub minus the bracelet and to save money many people did just that and the most popular strap to put it on was a Tropic. I have bought quite a few straps from Squinky and have nothing but good to say about his product and service.

WOW, thanks TB! I'm negotiating on a vintage Accutron cal. 214 as I write this and your eBay seller, Squinky has a top selection of vintage style straps & bracelets for Accutrons at very reasonable prices too.