Sign in to follow this  
pollux1

SOH crown not screwing in, help needed.

pollux1

Can anyone advise me how to fix a SOH crown that seems to be threaded? Is it an easy fix guys? All help greatly appreciated. :D

Luthier

If the crown thread is stripped off - ask your dealer ffor new crown.

pollux1
If the crown thread is stripped off - ask your dealer ffor new crown.
I can't mate, I bought from another member on rwgjr. :(

pollux1

Any advice is hugely appreciated.

Luthier

Ask Mary.

I had same problem, and just recieved new crown with stem for my Cousteau from her.

pollux1

Bump, need to get this.

Brightlight

If you do manage to fix it, let me know, I have Barkingtoad's SOH here with the same problem. The thread appears to be stripped inside the tube (but it is difficult to tell for sure) and I can't find a new tube with the correct dimensions at Cousins. Mary can't supply the tube as it is 'part of the case', nor can she supply just the case, which means buying a replacement watch................

Similarly if I come up with a solution I'll let you know!

pollux1
If you do manage to fix it, let me know, I have Barkingtoad's SOH here with the same problem. The thread appears to be stripped inside the tube (but it is difficult to tell for sure) and I can't find a new tube with the correct dimensions at Cousins. Mary can't supply the tube as it is 'part of the case', nor can she supply just the case, which means buying a replacement watch................

Similarly if I come up with a solution I'll let you know!

Top notch BL, cheers mate!

KBH

If it's not available maybe you guys should think about a generic crown/tube set. It might not match the watch perfectly but It might be better than a stripped crown.

sconehead

V1 crowns/tubes are threaded differently to V2's IIRC, they are not interchangeable...:D

sfa437

I've used JB Weld to repair stripped threaded holes before... if you can get the thread pitch, packing the tube and drilling/threading might be a viable option.

pollux1
I've used JB Weld to repair stripped threaded holes before... if you can get the thread pitch, packing the tube and drilling/threading might be a viable option.

Hiya P, would that work with the crown though? What with adjusting time, winding etc?