Sign in to follow this  
ebzen02

Best Photoediting Software: The Gimp!

ebzen02

www.Gimp.org.. Where was I living under! Just found this site and not sure why you'd spend money on other editing systems when you can get this for free!!

KeNnY

I always like my cracked Photoshop :)

DarkGlass
I always like my cracked Photoshop :)

Cracked ps is great but they've done something in Windows 7 which spots it and as soon as you open any of the parts of CS4 closes them immediately and says that the serial # etc is missing......

The only solution I found was to reconfigure the machine under a different OS

KeNnY

no, the best thing is, on every cracked software, immediately block all internet communication with your firewall. THe software checks if the inserted cdkey is valid, trough backdoor ip address everytime when you start program.. So if you block communication, there is no problem..

greg_r

The Gimp is available for most platforms and is quite powerful (albeit with sufficient limitations to make it unsuitable for professional use). Probably THE best image editor for hobbyist use though. My only real complaint is that the user interface is a bit of a pig's ear - it does the job but it's not exactly elegant :)

However, it's a whole lot better idea than running a pirated version of Photoshop...

Harry_Worth
The Gimp is available for most platforms and is quite powerful (albeit with sufficient limitations to make it unsuitable for professional use). Probably THE best image editor for hobbyist use though. My only real complaint is that the user interface is a bit of a pig's ear - it does the job but it's not exactly elegant :)

However, it's a whole lot better idea than running a pirated version of Photoshop...

There's a cheaper/cut down Photoshop program known as 'Elements' - It didn't used to understand CMYK - not sure if that's changed in later versions - probably not an issue with most people. Cost used to be circa £65.00

greg_r

There's a cheaper/cut down Photoshop program known as 'Elements' - It didn't used to understand CMYK - not sure if that's changed in later versions - probably not an issue with most people. Cost used to be circa £65.00

Elements is okay, but has some fairly severe limitations. Currently (at least for Windows) the real bargain is Corel Photo-Paint. Similar sort of price range but it's almost as powerful as Photoshop. Great piece of software.

For Mac users, take a look at Pixelmator. Only $20 and remarkably comprehensive.

Member X

Hmm, I will have to look into this gimp thing...

... but perhaps not on the work computer... LoL

Drhulee
The Gimp is available for most platforms and is quite powerful (albeit with sufficient limitations to make it unsuitable for professional use). Probably THE best image editor for hobbyist use though. My only real complaint is that the user interface is a bit of a pig's ear - it does the job but it's not exactly elegant B)

Elements is okay, but has some fairly severe limitations. Currently (at least for Windows) the real bargain is Corel Photo-Paint. Similar sort of price range but it's almost as powerful as Photoshop. Great piece of software.

For Mac users, take a look at Pixelmator. Only $20 and remarkably comprehensive.

I've been using Pixelmator for the past year (actually since 1.0 beta) and it takes care of 90% of the stuff I used to use PS for. It loads in just a couple of seconds, reads and saves in PhotoShop file format, and is less confusing (sometimes PS just seems to stick too many options in your face at once ;) ). I'd say that just the load time alone has probably given me a couple of extra hours a week :)

greg_r

Yup - I use Adobe CS5 suite for work and own a copy myself, but I still find myself launching pixelmator whenever I need to do something simple. It's not really powerful enough for print, but for everything else, it just works. Great piece of software.

Drhulee
Yup - I use Adobe CS5 suite for work and own a copy myself, but I still find myself launching pixelmator whenever I need to do something simple. It's not really powerful enough for print, but for everything else, it just works. Great piece of software.

Agree completely, for anything business (or Passport :lol: ) related I use PS, Illustrator, and InDesign; but for anything joke/avatar/internet stuff, its Pixelmator.

Tom3949

I've always used Jasc Paint Shop Pro and found it pretty good. Could never justify the price of Photo Shop.

ThinkBachs

Ps is the only way to go. Plugins, brushes, styles, shapes, patterns, actions, the ability to create and save your own custom actions... Plus using the Ps file directly in After Effects without saving as something else. I'm happy with it- in fact, it's open the whole time my computer is on, unless I don't need it and want to cut down on resources while rendering in AE. :lol: Running W7 Ultimate 64x and CS5 Master Collection with no problems.

rychastings

idk, I never had any trouble with my version of cracked photoshop...

malloc

A good alternative to The Gimp is Paint.NET

http://paint.net/

It doesn't have quite as many features but it's *much* easier to use. The Gimp's user interface is very average in comparison.

If I don't have Photoshop available I'll use Paint.NET for most of my editing, and only fire up the Gimp occasionally when Paint.NET is missing a feature.

I have Photoshop at home though, it's easily the best option.

andygt

Photofiltre for me, it's free and easy to use.

sconehead

I use PS CS4, I really don't know what I'm doing half the time as it has sooooooo many bloody options to use...:wub:

I tried gimp once but couldn't get the bloody thing in my DVD drive...

gimp.jpg

...John sent me a copy...:Whistle: