Sign in to follow this  
graman

Sawdust status

graman

Hi Everyone,

The cupboard in Sawdust & Ink is currently bare - please accept my apologies for this - It's been a hell of a Christmas rush, between here, and making Christmas presents for family (no prizes for guessing what!! :Drinking2:)

Early in the new year, you will see some new stock in the shop, in the form of Slimlines, Baron & Sedona Fountains and rollerballs, and the odd cigar.

There will also be a few new items by the end of January - at least one new model pen, and other bits and pieces.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say a couple of thankyous.

Firstly to the Admin and Mods who have supported S&I on the forum - I hadn't even considered this until it was suggested to me a few months ago....then I swayed on whether I should or not...I'm very glad I did - it's pushed me to experiment with new things and finishes, and certainly I've enjoyed my workshop even more as a result. It's also helped me to finance pushing those experiments, faster, which is something I wouldn't have been able to do without the shop, as my intent is to make the hobby cost neutral.

I'd also like to thank the RWG community. This is the best group of people on the net, and by far the best community. We survive and prosper, largely without moderation, we can say what's on our mind, and have always been a community of people who share our interests, which primarily include watches, but is certainly not limited to watches.

This is a place that has attracted, and continues to attract some amazing people, whom I've never met, more than in type, but who I enjoy spending a great deal of time with, and do so daily!

What can I say, but I love this place....however I digress...thank you to the RWG community, who thread crap, talk shit and pick up the odd pen from S&I, when Rolf hasn't beaten them to it! :)

A big thanks to Offshore, who does a great deal in the background, supporting watch issues, and general issues alike....OS has helped me a great deal in sourcing some ideas and stuff for next year (later part) which will I hope, prove interesting....Man's a legend, and has done this through ill health.

And finally, many thanks to Rolf, who has kept me in business! :boobies2: You are a legend, mate!...and a timber addict...takes one to know one!

Anyhow....'nuff said...you know what I mean...let's have a drink!

Merry Christmas everyone...and here's to a great 2011!

Aren

Graman,

Can I steal your sentiments about the RWG community?

This is a wonderful place, and the people are just amazing.

I am very grateful to have found this forum, and

a big thank you to the Adm/Mods, Dealers and Members for making this place so special.

The watches are fabulous, and the information, camaraderie and laughs are incredible.

The pens were an unexpected and rare surprise, which are the frosting on a luscious cake.

Thank you everyone...

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Love and hugs, :wub:

Arenaria

pollux1

Gman can you make a pen box in the same material to go with a pen?

graman

I can mate, but it murders the price...I'm hoping to pick up some equipment that should make it cheaper in the new year...and with a bit of luck, I can match the timber I have to a box and pen.....so it will be dependant on availability of stock, and the condition.

If the stock warps while it's drying, then it's ok for pens, but it makes shit boxes.

I make most of my pens out of offcuts.

pollux1
I can mate, but it murders the price...I'm hoping to pick up some equipment that should make it cheaper in the new year...and with a bit of luck, I can match the timber I have to a box and pen.....so it will be dependant on availability of stock, and the condition.

If the stock warps while it's drying, then it's ok for pens, but it makes shit boxes.

I make most of my pens out of offcuts.

What do you reckon a ball park figure for a pen and box would be mate? my handwriting is terrible but if it was boxed it would just stay on a desk as a beautiful example of fine craftsmanship tbh.

I would use it occasionally but not enough to have it in my pocket all the time mate.

graman

We can work something out mate :wub:

mondeov6

+100 on your's and Arens words about RWG. This really is a wonderful place!!

I certainly have not bought my last pen from Sawdust & Ink!! Not only do I really

love and appreciate them for their beauty and the craftmanship put in to them.

They are awesome writing instruments, they are perfect and much appreciated

as presents and they are made by a truly great guy!! :wub:

Looking forward to see what will turn up in the shop!

Brightlight

+1000 to everything Graman and everyone else said about RWG!

Also a personal thanks to Graman, Mrs BL received the Wenge Roller Ball as part of her Christmas yesterday and was delighted with it, particularly the way it feels and writes.

greg_r

Thanks Graman.

You're one of the people that make this place worth running. Glad to see the pens have been such a success - they deserve to be!

trailboss99

Thanks Graman and the other folk with kind words for the team.

We do our best and we couldn't do it without our mods either, a great bunch all round.

Col.

wat44
Thanks Graman.

You're one of the people that make this place worth running. Glad to see the pens have been such a success - they deserve to be!

lets take it as read Im the other one

graman
Thanks Graman.

lets take it as read Im the other one

:blowup:

alistairw

:blowup:

Mate I look forward to the New year and your offerings!

For those who haven't had the opportunity to write with one of Gra's pens

you simply do not know what you are missing.

I have used many pen's over many years in my working life, to be brutally

honest the best pen I have ever used is the Ciger Coolibah pen I bought

from Graman and that's no BS!

I use it every day it has a sensational feel in the hand, nicely balenced, whilst it looks heavy - it doesn't feel heavy.

It's simply a pleasure to use.

For those who don't have a Graman pen, you are missing something special, he really is a craftsman at making these,

as shown by the purchasers who have more than one.

Buy one that's my advice, make it your New Years resolution.

If you do decide to make the pen boxes, put me down for one!

Here's to a great New Year.

graman

Thanks Alistair!...very kind words.....

graman

BTW, if anyone's looking for something specific in a pen, please pm me or throw something in this thread.

If it isn't dancing monkeys, or something unachievable, I'll see what I can do.

:D

Brightlight
BTW, if anyone's looking for something specific in a pen, please pm me or throw something in this thread.

;)

Damn! You don't do dancing monkeys? Amateur!! :D

KinCaidk

;)

Damn! You don't do dancing monkeys? Amateur!! :D

:facepalm: reminds me of RWG's last staff party.

graman

Now that would be a sight! :D

Who was on the photocopier?

graman

Oh!...have scored some very nice bits of wood this week, courtousy of my Father in law, who retired as a sawyer and Trades assistant at the local builders college

He rescued some Blackwood, redgum and cyprus pine....all in nice little blanks...

:D