Sign in to follow this  
ScottDy

Looking for the best panerai reps

ScottDy

I sort of caught the Pam bug after seeing some gens at a local shop. I stumbled across a photo bucket page for watchmmx a week or so ago on this forum but I can't find the origional post anymore. I looked at his stuf and it looks nice but I don't know anything about him or how to contact him. I've also looked at Perfect clones and Getat and I'm not sure who to go with. I read that everybody likes Robert for Pams but I'm looking for a 326 rep (or similar) and I don't think he has one. also the other two sites seem more specific to Pams (although Getat is a homage). I'm fairly new to this forum and I'm more of a lurker than an active poster. I purchased 2 reps since I found this site, a DSSD from BKLM (love it) and a VC that I bought from SliceMaster. I'm mostly looking for ultimate reps $250-$500 or more if it's something truely unique. Any advise would be appreciated

Luthier

PAM 326 is an older Daylight, and why do you think Robert don't have it? Did you ask him, or Mary, or Lay?

wat44

find what you want on Josh or Andrew site, and then ask Lay or Mary

they should be able to get wat is available

ScottDy
PAM 326 is an older Daylight, and why do you think Robert don't have it? Did you ask him, or Mary, or Lay?

You see, this is why I'm more of a lurker, I ask for some straight forward advise and if anyone is familiar with this Watchmmx person and LUTHIER gets all up in my grill! I'm looked at Roberts postings but they are very clunky and as the posts get older it's hard to tell what he does or doesn't carry currently. I also see from the forum postings that he is not the person to go to with general questions so I'm not in any hurry to bother him with a question(s) that he would consider irksome. If you want a product you generally don't go to the source to ask whose got the best, you go to the consumer (that would be you guys) and ask them who's the best. Luthier, do you work on commission or what?

Luthier

You're newbee, so, I'll not slap you for now.

My point was - if you know exactly, what'd you want - just send email to Robert and ask - "Do you have this watch, or not." If you going to ask many questions, like... is it the best version available, or... what colors of dials you have, or... any other stupid Qs - then you better go to Mary or Lay. They're patient with noobs.

You lurking, but, seems without any results. Use search button, or just email to dealers. Simple process.

And, for your information - almost all dealers get their reps from the same factories, so, doesn't matter, from whom you'll order - you'll get the same watch.

ebzen02

Watch it with luthier his slap hurts!

Dendo

Yeah but it is Christmas and he is being nice...

...actually he was not being rough in his first post it is just easy to misinterpret the tone of posts.

Akira

Yeah but it is Christmas and he is being nice...

...actually he was not being rough in his first post it is just easy to misinterpret the tone of posts.

Yes he just forgot to hit the "friendly voice" button :Whistle:

ScottDy

I've been all over this site and I understand the mechanics of contacting and ordering from the "Trusted Dealers". It appears that this watchmmx person builds his watches (this is what I got from his Photo Bucket page) http://s40.photobucket.com/home/watchmmx/index. I also know that Tat builds his Pam homage watches himself and they seem very high quality for the money. So to restate my origional question, does anyone know anything about watchmmx and also how to contact him?

Luthier

I don't think anyone knows this name here.

Watchmmx "build?" or sell PAMs, not a homages, and what's the point to build PAMs, if excellent reps widely available?

But you definitely free to try.

greg_r

The person you're calling 'watchmmx' is DSN. His contact details are on his listing in the Trusted Dealers list. Keep your email simple - no slang - as his English is poor. Choose what you want from his photobucket and he will respond with price and ordering instructions. Usual payment method is Western Union or Moneybookers. He does not take paypal.

He's best for some of the exotic stuff you can't find elsewhere, but is not necessarily the right choice for every model. Most of my best Panerai watches have been bought from PrestigeWatchCo, although I do have one from DSN too. Like I said, it depends...