Sign in to follow this  
theflyingdutchman

Superb service and great value HBB ESPEN from asian7750.com

theflyingdutchman

Good day,

This is my first ever review, so have mercy with me! The pics are untouched, as I have no experience or access to such programs. This the 2nd order I placed with asian7750.com. The first order was YG bracelet for a Bentley (60USD). This was my tryout order to see if they would scam me and they did not!

I then placed an order for a HBB ESPEN = Hublot Big Bang RG with diamond bezel and white strap for 268 USD.

Here the overall summary:

- dealing with asian7750.com: no issues

- HBB Espen from from asian7750.com: greatest value for the price, if you do not care about the movement issues. One screw was defect and will be replaced by them with out any discussion.

- Would I buy again from asian7750.com? Yes, I already have an order being shipped (their code: HU007 = HBB Tempus all black).

1. DEALING WITH ASIAN7750.COM

- Email contact: answered after best: 10 min and worst 20 hours. There are two guys there; Tony and Jay, which are not the same as from watcheden or silixprime. You can tell by the style they write English.

- English level: okay, small bumps, but no issues

- payment via PAYPAL: no issues, just do not mention any watch related terms

- Drop shippers? They claim not.

- shipment sent via registered airmail: 1 day after payment

- receiving the tracking code: after 2 days

- parcel packaging quality: double wrapped in heavy bubble wrap in heavy letter = I guess this is okay, but the parcel style is maybe better.

- customs declaration: strangely declared as timekeeper with a value of 10 USD. I think this is not a wise choice, but it got through without any issues

- shipping time: 10 days

- modding? No idea as I have not asked (yet)

THE FINAL VERDICT: Basically the same service as I have received from the current big 2 dealers.

2. THE WATCH

I never understood the prices of HBB! The “lite†versions are priced okay, but the others none ceramic are ridiculous. Nevertheless I still bought for 798 USD from Big Bang Haven a Big Bang RG/Diam Black Asia 7750 28800bph (which I love). I will use this one for comparing this HBB ESPEN with. The Haven version I will grade as a 10 (ten) and then grade the asian7750.com version against it.

The 3-5 sec review based on you put on your wrist and look at it e.g. like somebody sitting next to you would. Results: 10/10, that is if you do not look at the back as it is a 21K movement and the inner life is way off, but then again, I wear the watch face up!

The detailed review:

- The movement from asian7750 is a 21k vs. the 28k from Haven. So it comes with all the well known differences e.g. sunken date wheel. Personally I prefer that the 21k crown does not screw in as the threads on my Haven 28k version seem to be sensitive. Anybody know what the real things has? The sweeping move is of course much better, if you use the stop watch function, which I nearly have never done! The pushers on the Haven version are less up/down moveable. Overall I would therefore grade it as a 2/10. Both unmodified movements are “off†vs. the real thing anyway, so maybe a 6/10 is better?

- Rotor sound: both have the nearly the same replica give-away sound. The 21K is very slight â€rougher†so I would therefore grade it as a 8/10.

- RG plating quality: Both claim to have 18K thick rose gold plating in 5 mils. Seriously who knows how thick it is. The colouring and finish are the same. I would therefore grade this as a 10/10. As a side note, both RG colours are off vs. the real deal, which I have seen at the AD.

- AR coating: 12/10: The double AR coating is better on this as on the Haven version, as it is less blue, so I would therefore grade the it as a 7/10. But do not forget the real one only has a single AR.

- White rubber strap: The Asian7750 version does not have the nice vanilla kind of smell. It smelled of chemicals. This smell disappeared after 2 days and now it has a nearly neutral rubbery smell. Some guys like sniffing women’s underwear, some might like the smell of napalm in the morning and some people sniff at their watch straps. I do not, yes I liked the extra scent, but do not really miss it. The finish of the texture and the Hublot logo are the same, so I would therefore grade the it as a 8/10 after the 2 day airing. Without the 2 days against the smell I would grade it as a 3/10.

- Deployant Folding Buckle: No real difference, the black of the Haven version seams to be a touch blacker and glossier, so 8/10.

- Dial incl. arms: No real difference, the Haven version seems to have a ?% sharper dial, but only if you use a magnifying glass. Also the small colour spec cannt be seen without the extra eye-help, so 8/10.

- Diamond bezel: I know, you love or hate bling! I happen to like it! The “diamond†setting, colour and shape are the same, so 10/10

- Wearing comfort: No difference, 10/10

- screws: This HBB has 12 h-screws. One screw was defect and one has a bad cut. Otherwise the rest are good. I emailed them and asked for a solution and was offered right away a new screw. So 10 screws out of 12 screws = 8/10.

- Lume: Both have no lume, so I will not grade this.

- Case: Both claim to have Solid Stainless Steel 316L. As I cannot check this, I will not grade this. On the pics of Asian7750 the case did not have black filled engravings, but the watch I got does. I am still discussing this with them and they offered to send me the correct one. Lets see what happens....update follows.

- Crystal (front and back): Both claim to have Sapphire Glass. As I cannot check this, I will not grade this.

THE FINAL VERDICT:

- 10/10 for the Big Bang RG/Diam Black Asia 7750 28800bph = 798 USD from Big Bang Haven

- something like 7.5/10 for Big Bang Espen RG/Diam white Asia 7750 21800bph = 268 USD from asian7750.com

There is this guy question that goes: “If you had the choice to spend a night with a stunning looking women = a “10†or 2 nights with a “5â€, maybe even different women, what would you do? Both watches are good, the Haven one might be better due the described points, but is nearly 3 times the price.... you do the personal math and figure out... 1 form Haven or 3 from this dealer?(!)

Thanks for reading! I hope I could help and NO, I am not associated with the asian7750.com guys!

Cheers!

Theflyingdutchman

P.S. Do we need more dealers! Yes we do! Competition is good for business!

front3.jpg

front2.jpg

front1.jpg

back2.jpg

back1.jpg

side1.jpg

clasp2.jpg

Edited by theflyingdutchman

greg_r

Wow - that's some serious bling you've got there!

Looks like A7750 are going to be worth keeping an eye on - sensible prices and, by the sound of it, decent service.

Great review! ;)

oscarmadfish

great pics to much bling but the rest of the watch looks great ;)

onzenuub

Nice write up, nice watch and beautiful pictures.

AllergyDoc

Nice write-up dutch! I hope my LV Sub will come in as I expect. Should get it Monday.

The free software that came with your camera will let you resize your photos. Even Microsoft Office Picture Manager will let you resize.

onzenuub
Nice write-up dutch! I hope my LV Sub will come in as I expect. Should get it Monday.

The free software that came with your camera will let you resize your photos. Even Microsoft Office Picture Manager will let you resize.

Grumpy AD ;)

RolexAddict

Thanks a lot for these infos, text and pics, theflyingdutchman ;)

Complete technical infos about the movement, the plating etc... then, the dealer, the shipping etc.etc. ;)

I will try to be more active the following days, that kind of topic is a good motivation, :thumbsup2:

iabounty
Wow - that's some serious bling you've got there!

Looks like A7750 are going to be worth keeping an eye on - sensible prices and, by the sound of it, decent service.

Great review! :lol:

Yes indeed......... I agree 100%...... Very impressive review flying D man..... :lol:

alphakazi

great review and pics - a nice contribution to the forum

only good news from this dealer so far