Godfathar

The "What Patek Philippe are you wearing today?" Thread

_DC_

@budfox1028 ^^ I believe it's circa 43mm too, that's the only reason I don't own one. I like how they look, there's one that's super close to a 5970, but it's just too big :(

DC

budfox1028

Hey DC! This one is 41.5 mm by 12.5 mm, it fits quite nicely on the wrist!

_DC_
I wanted this one, sorry I stand corrected it's 11.5 mm thin, but I'm quite happy with the one Josh sent.

http://www.pf-818.com/-p-14609.html

Have you measured it to check its 41.5mm?!

DC

budfox1028
I wanted this one, sorry I stand corrected it's 11.5 mm thin, but I'm quite happy with the one Josh sent.

http://www.pf-818.com/-p-14609.html

Have you measured it to check its 41.5mm?!

DC

Indeed I did mate, it's 41.5mm, but the thickness measures more like 12.5 mm. The strap measures 22 mm at the lugs and 18 mm at the buckle. Trying to find a good dark brown shiny croc leather option. I think it would make this a serious watch once I find it. All the Calendar features work! It's pretty cool. I'll be the first to admit, i'm totally ignorant about the gen aspect of this watch. I checked camille, but they only went up to 20 mm. I must be missing something...

budfox1028

BF853CB0-3A56-44A0-B80F-E265B927A56D_zpsocgr5x1f.jpg

28DB83F1-D92B-4B3C-8CE5-8121E2B1030C_zps3tmaufya.jpg

_DC_

Yeah Camille Fournet only have up to 20mm in their "ready made" section but they can make any size. You have to go to "create your watch strap" section and some a custom strap from the ground up.

If you need help with spec drop me a PM, I've ordered several custom straps from them including this 22mm for my 5370...

A7B49BFE-0882-4DF2-A01C-2AA51576BD29_zpsx9zgqqnp.jpg

57FFC559-6A5B-4932-9151-19E9051BD0D6_zpsfr5g81mv.jpg

Thanks for the info too, good to see a decently proportioned grand complication rep. It's not close to any particular gen reference but then none of the grand comp reps are (my 5970 is as close as I've found and that's discontinue now) but it's more about the overall feel. I like the fact it's thick too, a grand complication should be thick, the gens are!!!

DC

_DC_

PS: My 5370 is 15mm so don't worry about it :) ...

1FD99B8D-2DBB-4851-A859-EC933F8D39B8_zps0xl3fxea.jpg

(That's the rep strap btw)

DC

budfox1028

Yeah Camille Fournet only have up to 20mm in their "ready made" section but they can make any size. You have to go to "create your watch strap" section and some a custom strap from the ground up.

If you need help with spec drop me a PM, I've ordered several custom straps from them including this 22mm for my 5370...

A7B49BFE-0882-4DF2-A01C-2AA51576BD29_zpsx9zgqqnp.jpg

57FFC559-6A5B-4932-9151-19E9051BD0D6_zpsfr5g81mv.jpg

Thanks for the info too, good to see a decently proportioned grand complication rep. It's not close to any particular gen reference but then none of the grand comp reps are (my 5970 is as close as I've found and that's discontinue now) but it's more about the overall feel. I like the fact it's thick too, a grand complication should be thick, the gens are!!!

DC

That strap is gorgeous!! What a difference it makes! Thanks for sharing mate. I'll be getting a new strap soon!

B

Godfathar

Shy! Are we?

20160215_091707_01.jpg

_DC_

The other 'naut today...

6E03B426-8D16-4BD1-84A3-379994423405_zpsyknvxpbi.jpg

DC

WatchaholicMallorca

^^ Mallorca is one of my favourite places at all time. My goal is to buy a place there one day soon. But I don't know where to begin looking lol

Glad you like the pic buddy. Get the watch you'll never regret it believe me.

Funny you should say that as I'm a real estate agent on the island :yoohoo:

WatchaholicMallorca

Oh it's back available is it?!

There'll be a few happy people about then!!!

DC

Yes but from what I can see Josh is the only person with it on their site. Only really looked on Toro, PC and few others. Received the QC pics last night after the dreadful CNY wait... Unfortunately for my bank balance I am already eying up another nautilus in steel, the RG aquanaut and the white gold calatrava...

_DC_

If Perfect Clones can get it then everyone can get it, not many TDs update their websites regularly but pretty much they can all get the same stuff!!

Learn you will :yoda:

DC

Godfathar

Very very interesting to know.. I'll keep that in mind :D

Godfathar
20160218_084804_01.jpg

964boy
P1000504_zpsy1yutdb5.jpg

Godfathar

hmm.. been Nautilusing for quite a while now.. between this one and the 5980.. this whole month is either the 5711 or the 5980, or if I want a rose gold, I got 15400 TF. I miss my 5227, and 5167.. tomorrow, will visit the safe-box and pick those out.. and maybe a blue Rolex DJII with them.

WatchaholicMallorca

Very very interesting to know.. I'll keep that in mind :D

Email is [email protected] let me know if you need any help!

_DC_

Alright, that's enough business networking, back to the Pateks!

About to head out for a meal with Mrs DC and friends, it's got to be Ralph Lauren and the 5970g...

406641E4-DBA4-464A-A7D0-AF8E0009A012_zpsdu8kdajb.jpg

DC

WatchaholicMallorca

About to head out for a meal with Mrs DC and friends, it's got to be Ralph Lauren and the 5970g...

406641E4-DBA4-464A-A7D0-AF8E0009A012_zpsdu8kdajb.jpg

DC

The longer this feed goes on the longer my wish list is getting...

Godfathar

DC

Yeah, you've been MIA for a while now. :)

_DC_

DC

Yeah, you've been MIA for a while now. :)

Been waiting on new pieces, obviously got the 5370 out with KeNnY for modding which is my only new piece right now, then got a 5070r and 5131g incoming (the latter will be receiving some mods too) but until all those arrive I'm basically wearing the 5227g every day, and I can't keep posting it again and again lol!!

Looking forward to the new pieces, I'm definitely moving towards the dressier Pateks now that there are some decent reps coming out, but I'll whip the 5711a out the box every now and again for a casual night out!

DC

Godfathar

^^ didn't you have the 5131g before? Do you have a link for it? Would like to see how decent they made it to be. I know you wouldn't pull the trigger otherwise :)

_DC_

I had a 5131j that Ish sold me which he'd had for years, and although it was imperfect I do miss it, so decided to order the white gold version. It's still flawed but I think it will be stunning on a navy blue Camille Fournet strap with deployant clasp!

Plus I plan to enhance it somewhat to be closer to gen!

This is my "before and after" plan for it...

9A9D1B53-E027-4E3F-84CD-011220743A50_zpslckp9nef.jpg

So the hands should be white, that's easy enough, but the true character of the 5131 is the world map dial, that's what lets the rep down, so I plan on getting artistic with this one!!!

DC