Sign in to follow this  
anemeth

5130g - any review?

anemeth

Hi,

I was looking at 5130g and 5130r from Fat Panda, but I don't like the sunken dial. I saw couple of pictures from DC wearing it, it stil looks weird.

DC, will you do any review of this watch in the near future?

Thanks,

_DC_

Yeah if ya like, won't get time till my day off on Tuesday but my two seem to have gotten a lot of love so I'll do a little review for you all next Tuesday!

DC

anemeth

Yes, please. I am still thinking about buying one.

Thanks,

chase0224

Amazing watch, and im not sure what you mean about sunken dial....

anemeth

"Amazing watch, and im not sure what you mean about sunken dial...."

On the rep (I know this is a rep with 1/100th cost vs. original), the 24 hour dial is lower than the inner and outer dial face, on the original all three are in level.

Godfathar

Anemeth, may I kindly ask you to post a link to the 5130 on Fat Panda website? Many thanks in advance.

True so much love lately for this model. DC needs to get a cut from the TDs or good discount at least lol

_DC_

I'm already picking gen pics for my review!

I'll be honest, this is one of those reps that is beautiful in it's own right but compared to the gen it's not really a "good rep" in terms of replicating the gen... which is the whole point of a rep... but it is a joy to own so I'll try and convey my feelings more coherently tomorrow!!

DC

sjonesp0015

How does the complication work on the REP? Does the inner circle move?

_DC_
How does the complication work on the REP? Does the inner circle move?

The recessed 24hr ring moves to reflect the same time as the main hour and minute hands, but can also be independently set to a different time. So in effect, although it doesn't work as a Worldtime, it does work as a GMT!

Sorry for the lack of review, I took a bunch of photos of mine and started writing one but ran out of time. Things are a bit hectic here at the moment, lol!

DC

anemeth

Anemeth, may I kindly ask you to post a link to the 5130 on Fat Panda website? Many thanks in advance.

True so much love lately for this model. DC needs to get a cut from the TDs or good discount at least lol

Here we are:

http://watchfinder.phanfare.com/6895472

I am still waiting for DC's review, before I decide to buy it or not (thanks DC in advance!).

Godfathar

You just got the 3500 mark, the 5130 review should have been your 3500 post lol

trying to lure you to make that review anyway we can lol..

_DC_
You just got the 3500 mark, the 5130 review should have been your 3500 post lol

trying to lure you to make that review anyway we can lol..

Haha, it's more a lack of time than a lack of intent! I want to do it properly and that takes time, but tomorrow is my day off again and I don't have a long list of jobs to do like I did last week so hopefully will get time to finish it!!

DC

Barth

I think there is a cheaper, less expensive 21j version w/ same caseset and dial...

I will look into it !

_DC_
I think there is a cheaper, less expensive 21j version w/ same caseset and dial...

I will look into it !

To be honest, as my review will intimate, the movement is one of the best things about this rep, so I wouldn't go for a 21j version. The solid reliable feel of the 2824 movement really gives the feel of quality that you want from a watch with "Patek Philippe" written on the dial!

DC

Barth

I will look into it !

To be honest, as my review will intimate, the movement is one of the best things about this rep, so I wouldn't go for a 21j version. The solid reliable feel of the 2824 movement really gives the feel of quality that you want from a watch with "Patek Philippe" written on the dial!

DC

Well, although I don't own the rep I much agree with you about the nice feel a sturdy movement can give...

BUT !

21j's are more reliable when it comes to the GMT complication :)

_DC_

The review is up!!!

DC

sjonesp0015

AWESOME! I'm checking it out now