Sign in to follow this  
cogwatch

What If a PAM Wore a Tux?

cogwatch

It would be a PAM 029M, that's what!! This lovely specimen of the 029M with a Swiss heart came from my good friend Bliew on M2M.

According to ALE's Pam Review: "This replica PAM 029M from Noob factory is one of the best replicas ever made." Also, "PAM 029 is the only model to sport the two dimensional "Tuxedo dial"." ALE's complete write up is below.

EVALUATION: (**) SUPER REP (M-series Noob)

The PAM 029 has similar structure to the PAM 023, but 029 has a beautiful engraved Tuxedo dial and PAM 029 2010 version has no markers of seconds around the dial.

The current gen PAM 029 is a fantastic 2010 "re-make" Special Edition watch from Panerai. The PAM 029 was originally introduced in 1998 as a regular production A-series watch and again in 1999 as a B-series watch. In typical Panerai fashion, the PAM 029 models were made in low production numbers and then discontinued. Rather than making the watch a regular production piece in 2010, Panerai decided to make a 1000 pieces Special Edition production run for their Panerai watch collectors. The old PAM29 had small seconds markers on the dial (like the PAM 023) which has been omitted on the 2010 version. Furthermore the new PAM 029 has Luminova indices and numbers as opposed to the original version for which Tritium was used.

PAM 029 is with the PAM 023 the only Panerai watches with a Rolex Explorer style bezel (in 2000 Panerai changes to inner dial GMT markers with the PAM 063).

GMT PAM 029 has central second hand like GMT PAM 023 and 063 (in 2001 Panerai changed to seconds@9 sub-dial in GMT models with the PAM 088).

Like all GMT it has skeleton main hands.

PAM 029 has, like the PAM 023 and 063 a semi-illegible GMT hand, on which only the arrow pointer is visible (in 2001 Panerai changed and GMT hand became all silvered, and a lot more visible with the PAM 088).

PAM 029 is the only model to sport the two dimensional "Tuxedo dial".

This replica PAM 029M from Noob factory is one of the best replicas ever made. There are Asian and Swiss movement versions. They all are Super reps.

I really like that the GMT hand is very unobtrusive, small, and doesn't look at all like an hour or minute hand. With some GMTs, I feel it takes a moment to tell the time as I have to determine which is the hour and minute hands versus the GMT hand. Not an issue at all on the 029M!!

Thanks Bliew for this great addition to my collection in general, and a different PAM look to add to all my other PAMs!! :thumbsup:

918c6602-6e70-49e5-8fd7-665428798644_zpsvhyyxon2.jpg