Sign in to follow this  
Dendo

Quick question on a 2836

Dendo

Hi guys, I need to fix the second hand on a 2836 and thus need to remove the movt. This will be my first time - I am guessing (wonderful isn't it!!!) that the orange circles are the main movt screws, the yellow circle is where the crown screw is (not to be removed - just loosened). Is this correct??

2836.jpg

gB.
:bugeyes: Sure... :dunno:

KBH

The two orange screws are correct but the yellow is wrong. To remove the crown and stem you need to depress the little button to the left of the yellow circle. Pull the crown out to the time setting position and use a small screwdriver to depress it while you gently pull on the crown. If you notice the button is in a horizontal slot. This is to keep you from pushing down to far with the screwdriver. With the proper size 1.2mm screwdriver, it won't allow you to depress too far. If you do you're looking at a lot of effort to re-set the keyless works.

Be careful and gentle when you replace the stem. rotate it slowly to engage the square section of the stem into the square slot. It often goes in much easier if you depress the button as you insert it.

Dendo

Thanks. :dunno:

I will take my time on this.

Cheers and wish me luck. :bugeyes: