Sign in to follow this  
aandringa

Problems With AP 2014 J12

aandringa

i bought 2 months ago a AP Royal Oak Offshore 2014 Gray Theme Gray Leather JF (J12) A7750.

Now i have some problems with the movement

-Works only when you winding the watch manually, and when you turn on the second pointer it will stop in minutes.

-Winding the watch automatic with movements is not possible, its stops within couple of minutes

- Sometimes when the clock is running well , then if you don;t wear the watch it will stop in only half an hour.

and sometimes it works for hours ?

Are these problems recognizable for you and how can i solve this , please help me out ?

Thanks,

aandringa

Can find how to solve this problem :-(

Please help me out Martijn...:)

Martijn0007

Can find how to solve this problem :-(

Please help me out Martijn... :)

I don't think there is a real solution to fix it yourself.

You need a new movement, add jewels or remove friction of the gears.

Pam6154

Basically you will need to service the movement. Otherwise replace the movement with another working movement.

skywalker710

I think it's safe to say that most of us in this forum have fallen prey to this problem with AP ROOs. You really have to have it serviced. It's like a ticking bomb because sad to to say, it will get worse.

MarioDeMedellin

Basically you will need to service the movement. Otherwise replace the movement with another working movement.

Yes. My friend who has a lot of them chronografs Safari, Panda and Arnold... he says if I buy one I must always give it to his wachtmaker for a small service and put on some new high grade oil at the movement, because he says the chineese guy use the cheapest crap oil and that rather detroys the movement than keeping it running better. The guy has worked with watches all his liufe... so I just listen :)