Sign in to follow this  
chase0224

What realistic Patek rep are you guys looking forward to?

chase0224

Realistic, as in there is at least a decent possibility that the watch can be repped. For me, I believe that a 5170g is a real possibility, especially seeing as the 5170j already has been repped. The dials are almost identical so it shouldn't be too hard to swamp them for number markers. What do you guys think?

Patek-Philippe-5170G-and-5170J-Dial-Comparison-620x356.jpg

PatekPhilippe5170G-4.jpg

George.

Would be pretty easy with an ST-19... This is probably something we can expect to see

chase0224

God I hope so, would also love any of the calendar complications patek's, but im not getting my hopes up.

_DC_

The more you look at the current 5170 rep the worse it is though, it's really not very good at all!! I've seen a really good looking rep on a Russian scam site (and it's definitely a rep not just pics of the gen) but it would appear it's not currently available!!!

I remain on the hunt!!

DC

chase0224

You saw a 5170g or 5170j on a scam site?? Also why don't you think the current 5170 rep isn't good? Size?

Nikohublot

@DC ... Just interested , is there a known "super rep". In the patek world? Becauseit seems like that they always haveminor tells (sometimes really easy avoidable ). Or maybe its just me not searching right :P

Thanks in advance

Niko

_DC_
You saw a 5170g or 5170j on a scam site?? Also why don't you think the current 5170 rep isn't good? Size?

Indeed I did!!!

It's not very good because the size is wrong, the bezel shape and proportion is wrong, the dial layout is wrong (and not just the fact the subdials are not lower down the dial) the pushers are the wrong shape and the crown is wrong too..... need I go on lol?!?

DC

_DC_
@DC ... Just interested , is there a known "super rep". In the patek world? Becauseit seems like that they always haveminor tells (sometimes really easy avoidable ). Or maybe its just me not searching right :P

Thanks in advance

Niko

Not really a "super rep" since you can always flip it over and instantly see the movement is wrong, but in terms of tells from the front side I guess the Aquanaut reps come closest, though even they have easy tells to the trained eye... So I guess the answer is no, there's no Patek super rep, though this isn't surprising when you consider the price of the gens, they're expensive for a reason!!!

DC

Nikohublot

Thanks in advance

Niko

Not really a "super rep" since you can always flip it over and instantly see the movement is wrong, but in terms of tells from the front side I guess the Aquanaut reps come closest, though even they have easy tells to the trained eye... So I guess the answer is no, there's no Patek super rep, though this isn't surprising when you consider the price of the gens, they're expensive for a reason!!!

DC

Thank you :) . Yeah your right the gens are really expensive , even compared to other brands . But sometimes i think wtf is wrong with these chinese repmakers .. For example the 5130g rep hour hands ... Could really really easy made as an "arrow" like the gen instead of an rectangle (i hope you undertsand what i mean xD) .

Retina

the 2499 has been repped in the upper echelons of the rep kingdom, in essence of the question, you would never be able to properly rep a patek, replica makers wouldnt take the risk on such a simple design where upfront costs are high and recouping costs are hard when competitions can swiftly replicate the replica... additionally, the small details are what makes a patek, well, a patek. the nautilus has seen some great strides imo, its a fantastic piece which is understated and elegent at the same time, underappreciated compared to its relative competitor at AP

_DC_
the 2499 has been repped in the upper echelons of the rep kingdom, in essence of the question, you would never be able to properly rep a patek, replica makers wouldnt take the risk on such a simple design where upfront costs are high and recouping costs are hard when competitions can swiftly replicate the replica... additionally, the small details are what makes a patek, well, a patek. the nautilus has seen some great strides imo, its a fantastic piece which is understated and elegent at the same time, underappreciated compared to its relative competitor at AP

A lot of that didn't make any sense?!?

DC

chase0224

If you like the look of that watch you may want to check out the Longines Heritage chrono calendar. Very similar aesthetics and relatively affordable, there is also a rep of it. Its been said that the complicated Pateks cannot be repped and be fully functional. Although the Longies Master Calender is proof that all of those complications can be repped accurately and still be functional, while also being 40mm.

16315-1.jpg

L47928772-large.jpg

_DC_
If you like the look of that watch you may want to check out the Longines Heritage chrono calendar. Very similar aesthetics and relatively affordable, there is also a rep of it. Its been said that the complicated Pateks cannot be repped and be fully functional. Although the Longies Master Calender is proof that all of those complications can be repped accurately and still be functional, while also being 40mm.

16315-1.jpg

L47928772-large.jpg

I can see why you would think it was similar, but really this illustrates one of the reasons that Patek are so desirable, that Longines is not even 1% as well designed or balanced as the Patek!!

DC

Robin195959

Retinas point, correctly made was about the repability of the complications not which one any believes is 100 times better looking than another.

_DC_
Retinas point, correctly made was about the repability of the complications not which one any believes is 100 times better looking than another.

Quite true, although it was Chase not Retina :P

For proof that similar complications can be repped in a 40mm case with a quality 2824 base movement you need look no further than this...

F5F8FE33-853E-4FD6-8E8C-35519F612F39_zps0mmmlbrd.jpg

D9C77238-CE7A-421D-8E27-63F6EEB14FA3_zpsqsuzlsyt.jpg

20FB1D86-59E3-4A0C-8E13-A32DC1F0B6F0_zpss5uaifjc.jpg

It's a shame it was only available for a short time and hasn't been made since, this basic layout opens up a whole load of Patek reps, 2499, 3970, 5270, but I don't expect any of them will be repped :(

DC

Robin195959

Quite true, although it was Chase not Retina :P

For proof that similar complications can be repped in a 40mm case with a quality 2824 base movement you need look no further than this...

F5F8FE33-853E-4FD6-8E8C-35519F612F39_zps0mmmlbrd.jpg

D9C77238-CE7A-421D-8E27-63F6EEB14FA3_zpsqsuzlsyt.jpg

20FB1D86-59E3-4A0C-8E13-A32DC1F0B6F0_zpss5uaifjc.jpg

It's a shame it was only available for a short time and hasn't been made since, this basic layout opens up a whole load of Patek reps, 2499, 3970, 5270, but I don't expect any of them will be repped :(

DC

Correct Dave. Retina was Mr gobbledygook

Ps that is a great looking watch.

not_finbar

I'd settle for an Aquanaut with a slightly better stab at decorating the movement.

Retina

:rofl:

2499- phong

Nautilus - current factories

Rare Complications - watchfinder

My point was that you could get any watch you want, it's a question of how much you are willing to pay or more importantly, wait for the piece to get repped. Patek's are much trickier than APs and Rolexes as I'm sure phantomtech and Dave can attest too, the demand for them isn't as wide as rolex or APs.

Unless we have the know how to make our own dials, we wait for factories to rep them.

Proof that it can be done doesn't equate to it being done. Take a look at the new APs released, the factories always have a way of missing out crucial details.

To each ones own. I believe the current nautilus line serves as a great way to wear patek's compared to complications, it's a great all rounder watch for casual and business meetings. But I won't say no if the factory ever reps the 2499 at an affordable cost :thumbsup:

Edited by Retina

_DC_

Ah that made more sense, lol. Yes good old Phong, he sent me an email of "clearance sale offers" recently but there were still far too many zeros on the end of the prices haha!

There is re-assurance in the re-release of reps such as the world time reps I've just reviewed and the 5170 reps being offered now. These aren't new releases, they were repped before, years ago, and have now returned to the market. This gives me some degree of comfort as I'm aware of several other half decent Patek reps which have existed in the past and therefore could, in theory, come back!!

DC

Godfathar

I'd say I'm patiently waitibg for the 2015 5227 Black Dial

Retina

Your the godfather for patek reviews Dave, if you have a tough time finding decent patek reps, im sure it goes the same for all of us mortals here :lmao:

Unfortunately, patek lovers like us have to make do with the current range, some are impressive; nautilus and 5227's , as for complications, its still far as compared to how much hublot, aps and rolex reps have progressed...

ill await patiently for the day the factory makers ever have a hard-on for pateks like us, until than, ill be loving my nautilus :rofl:

@godfather i'm pretty sure the black dial 5227 has already been repped, not sure if its accurate to gen though

Edited by Retina

_DC_
Your the godfather for patek reviews Dave, if you have a tough time finding decent patek reps, im sure it goes the same for all of us mortals here :lmao:

Unfortunately, patek lovers like us have to make do with the current range, some are impressive; nautilus and 5227's , as for complications, its still far as compared to how much hublot, aps and rolex reps have progressed...

ill await patiently for the day the factory makers ever have a hard-on for pateks like us, until than, ill be loving my nautilus :rofl:

@godfather i'm pretty sure the black dial 5227 has already been repped, not sure if its accurate to gen though

Lol, yeah if I struggle to find them then there's no hope for anyone else!! I found the 5130 and 5396 (you're all welcome) so I'm doing my best for y'all :thumbsup:

Also, the 5227 black dial is repped but with wrong date wheel colour, but Godfather already knows that :P

DC

PinkPanther

My 5227 Arrived earlier today from torro. not sure if it is realistic but I liked the dial colour that was the selling pointfor me to be honest. think they call it yellow dial.

1z3xojq.jpg

Mr. Genesis

Thank you for the suggestion, but it's not what I meant. I really like the design and the balance of everything on the 2499. It is way closer to the 5970 and even then I prefer the 2499 :)

:rofl:

2499- phong

Nautilus - current factories

Rare Complications - watchfinder

Never heard of Phong but when I did a little research I found out why. His watches are beautiful but his prices are... impressive! haha