Sign in to follow this  
aphillipe

My vintage Rolex addiction....

aphillipe

After selling all my reps back in February, I decided to start from scratch and go the vintage Rolex route. I'm 5 watches in so far but hope to keep it under 10 in total so they all get some wrist time and can be of good quality. I wanted to thank PBDad for his builds, and Jase (JDog on most of the forums) for his outstanding modding work and lastly Dave for his servicing as all movements just got serviced outside the Heritage as it's brand new anyways. And YES I suck at photography but I don't have the time at the moment to do this justice..

Watches in my box:

0618151619_zpsombgprk1.jpg

0618151718a_zpsn1byl3vl.jpg

0618151734_zpsilzxhixr.jpg

1665 Great White SD:

MBW Case Softened/Reshaped

Gen 703 Crown

Polex Pete Datewheel with Open 6/9's

Swiss 2846 ETA Serviced April 2015

Faded Dial/Bezel

PBDad Vintage Lume

6f2024e7-3483-447c-a3b4-966e91d538ea_zpsejbcd7sf.jpg

607487e1-0f53-4dfe-93b1-b3918360cf16_zpsrtd8jagg.jpg

1680 Red Sub:

PT Case Softened/Reshaped

Swiss ETA Serviced 6/2015

Gen 702 Crown/Tube

Ingod Dial Aged/Relumed

Polex Pete Datewheel

WSO Bezel Assembly

Gen Tension Spring

Custom Insert/Pearl

Gen Springbars

Gen Endlinks

Mix/Match Gen(50%)/Rep Rivet Stretch Bracelet

7f1d2483-4064-4b37-99c9-434e36cea20d_zpsj8zy9niz.jpg

5512 Sub:

MBW Case softened/reshaped

Gen 702 Crown/Tube

Swiss ETA Serviced 6/2015

2mm Drilled Lugs

Stern Plexi

Yuki Dial (relumed)

WSO Hand Set

Custom Insert Aged/Faded

041468d3-fbfd-4704-82a9-1d32e15ae818_zpshjyjbcsu.jpg

5513 Pointed Crown Guard Gilt Sub:

DW Case

Custom Pointed Crown Guards

2mm Drilled Lugs

Gen Springbars

Clark Plexi

Whoopy Gilt Dial/Hands Relumed

WSO Bezel Assembly

Aged Pearl

Aftermarket Bracelet w/ TC Clasp

Thinned Crown/Tube

Swiss 2846 ETA Serviced 6/2015

6528a9b6-97a6-4004-9e6a-2fb31b90fea7_zpsa0gxlmbs.jpg

ad065df7-423c-42f0-ad79-5ace4ae61782_zpscci5shby.jpg

PBDad Heritage HS01 Sub:

BK Noob No-Date Sub

Siwss 2836 Movement

Individually Numbered Caseback

Custom Vintage Lume in Tritec Superluminova

Custom Ivory Enameled Seconds Hand, Skinny Hour Hand

Platinum Ceramic Bezel Marker Enamel

Custom Red Triangle

Crown Guards Removed

Custom Chamfering

Yuki 8mm Brevet Crown/Tube

575baba8-ba2b-46c8-a4e9-3793e6dc9d81_zpscso7xswr.jpg

21466729-c8fb-422e-b777-9336c9221f3d_zpsammsnbps.jpg

Current builds underway:

1675 Blueberry GMT w/ Custom Red GMT Hand

Tempus Machina 6538 (it's happening!) by PBDad

Future Build considerations:

6538 <$1,000 budget build

6542 Pan Am (if Ingod is actually back)

1675 Gilt Dial Pepsi

?? Ideas ??

I'll continue to add to the thread as I get these other 2 finished up this summer. Thanks for viewing and feel free to leave (constructive) comments!

Mr. Genesis

It's not gonna be really constructive, but positive! Your collection looks amazing man :) The only one I would have suggest is the 6542 Pan Am, but it's already on your list. So I hope you're gonna built one, it's definitely my favorite GMT from Rolex!

daniel10n

Unbelievable. Excellent work. Would you consider selling any of these babies yet?

aphillipe
Unbelievable. Excellent work. Would you consider selling any of these babies yet?

Not yet no - 3 just finished this week (blueberry is en route). My modder Jdog is the man - if you get an itch for a build he's the guy to hit up!

Edited by aphillipe

jdog

Not yet no - 3 just finished this week (blueberry is en route). My modded Jdog is the man - if you get an itch for a build he's the guy to hit up!

What the hell is a modded jdog? :)

daniel10n

Not yet no - 3 just finished this week (blueberry is en route). My modded Jdog is the man - if you get an itch for a build he's the guy to hit up!

Oh hey Jdog, I hear you're modded and the guy to talk to about acquiring a vintage Rolex.

jdog

Oh hey Jdog, I hear you're modded and the guy to talk to about acquiring a vintage Rolex.

That could possibly be true. :)

I did the 5512, 5513, and 1680 above. And soon to be GMT

aphillipe

Yea yea - Did it from my phone. A modded jdog would be like a... cooler you??

daniel10n

Part man. Part rep. All hero.

Ishmael

Oh man I can't look at at these too long… :bugeyes:

Amazing stuff bud - I particularly like that 1680. It'll be sweet to see these in person soon :) But like I've told you before, the 6542 Pan Am would be a dream for me……

jdog can you do a Pan Am build under $1k?

jdog

Part man. Part rep. All hero.

Ha! Nice!

Amazing stuff bud - I particularly like that 1680. It'll be sweet to see these in person soon :) But like I've told you before, the 6542 Pan Am would be a dream for me……

It would be close, but most likely slightly over that. And I personally wouldn't do it unless InGod is truly back in business. Yuki's dial is horrible. His case though is pretty decent and workable and has a decent bakelite insert. The dial will always be the downfall of that build if you can't find the right one. I could reach out to Minh and see if you can do one.

Good to see you around bud!

Ishmael

It would be close, but most likely slightly over that. And I personally wouldn't do it unless InGod is truly back in business. Yuki's dial is horrible. His case though is pretty decent and workable and has a decent bakelite insert. The dial will always be the downfall of that build if you can't find the right one. I could reach out to Minh and see if you can do one.

Even a bit over $1k I'd definitely consider it… you remember DeLaForce's build? He was banned here awhile back, but that was one of the most stunning builds I've ever seen. I'm sure it cost him well over the $1k mark, but for something similar at a reasonable price point I'd be able to make a fundraising sale happen :)

jdog

Even a bit over $1k I'd definitely consider it… you remember DeLaForce's build? He was banned here awhile back, but that was one of the most stunning builds I've ever seen. I'm sure it cost him well over the $1k mark, but for something similar at a reasonable price point I'd be able to make a fundraising sale happen :)

If I remember correctly, he had close to 2k maybe a bit more into it. If you want, ill start getting some pricing on parts and see where it nets out. Worse comes to worse, you can use the Yuki dial until something better can be had.

Ishmael

If I remember correctly, he had close to 2k maybe a bit more into it. If you want, ill start getting some pricing on parts and see where it nets out. Worse comes to worse, you can use the Yuki dial until something better can be had.

That'd be great Jase, thank you! Definitely worth a closer look.

aphillipe

Well you clearly know it's on my wish list so if you are going to look into one for him, you better do the same for me so you can continue to take all my paychecks! :drunksing: :drunksing: :drunksing: :drunksing:

Ishmael

Well you clearly know it's on my wish list so if you are going to look into one for him, you better do the same for me so you can continue to take all my paychecks! :drunksing: :drunksing: :drunksing: :drunksing:

Haha #vintagerolliewhore :D

aphillipe

WORD TO THAT ISH!!! When we grabbing a drink fellow Oregonian?

Ishmael

Could probably make that happen soon - trouble is I have half my collection either en route from dealers or in the shop. I'd wanna bring most of 'em to show off :)

jdog

The parts manufactures are taking your paychecks, Im getting the nickels and dimes left behind :)

Robeng

Love the 5512 and 5513 missing pearl and the ageing.

Fantastic collection!

aphillipe

The parts manufactures are taking your paychecks, Im getting the nickels and dimes left behind :)

Good point :) Now I feel cheap!

Wasserman

Beautiful start on your vintage collection.

Have you thought about a 6610 or 1016 Explorer.

aphillipe
Beautiful start on your vintage collection.

Have you thought about a 6610 or 1016 Explorer.

I'll have to add one to the box at some point, but I haven't researched the model much to know where to start.

Daywatch

Great way to re-start a collection, these all have their place on the wrist and You can use and enjoy them like forever:)

Daytona_Dreamer

Sweet collection. I'm really diggin the 5512 and 5513 as well. These are really so sweet !!

That said, how can you satisfy your rolex addiction without at least one nice Daytona [my addiction] ??