ebzen02

Noobmariner/Nymphomariner History

sconehead
Btw, the neomariners (the new noobmariners) seem to have the same rehaut depth as the original noobmariner...hmmm interesting..

Just noticed...you trying to coin this name and go down in rep history?

The TWB watches were actually too deep rehaut wise but the big factor when compared to the noob was the bezel, both in profile, size and teeth definition...just my personal opinion mind...

trailboss99

Exactly. Just a good 21J in that one. They do exist.

I still have all the watches and I now have a Vibrograph which I just need to get a ribbon for.

Then I can do a full accuracy test. Remember. they were tested on a bench as well, not being worn.

If it gained three seconds on it's back it may gain at least double that in daily wear.

Col.

ebzen02
Btw, the neomariners (the new noobmariners) seem to have the same rehaut depth as the original noobmariner...hmmm interesting..

Just noticed...you trying to coin this name and go down in rep history?

The TWB watches were actually too deep rehaut wise but the big factor when compared to the noob was the bezel, both in profile, size and teeth definition...just my personal opinion mind...

Hey..Sounds cool and current... To me at least...Oooh.. Yeah, and I want to make my mom proud as well...hehehe...not..

ebzen02

I still have all the watches and I now have a Vibrograph which I just need to get a ribbon for.

Then I can do a full accuracy test. Remember. they were tested on a bench as well, not being worn.

If it gained three seconds on it's back it may gain at least double that in daily wear.

Col.

All in all I think we can conclude that the original noobmariner is a thing of the past. That the word now describes an affordable, well made, introductory submariner. The only fact is that one has to first chose their dealer. All in all, at this time you can get a nice sub from anyone of the trusted dealers for a good price.

sconehead

Col.

All in all I think we can conclude that the original noobmariner is a thing of the past. That the word now describes an affordable, well made, introductory submariner. The only fact is that one has to first chose their dealer. All in all, at this time you can get a nice sub from anyone of the trusted dealers for a good price.

That would about sum it up for me too...

trailboss99

NeoMariner? That's not bad actually. Same meaning as the original name yet a new name for a new watch.

"Noobfactory" is gunna stick for the maker tho, the title is universal now, the Chinese use it amongst themselves.

Baldrick

All in all, the Noobmariner IS a thing of the past, back then it was coined by Pugwash to " describe an affordable, well made, introductory submariner".

The fact that there are so many good Subs now available from the trusted dealers, consolidates the fact that we should ban the epithets 'Noobmariner' / 'Noobfactory' et al, and just let the current crop of watches stand or fall on their own own merit. :lol:

trailboss99

Works for me. All those in favour of calling a "an affordable, well made, introductory submariner" a Neomariner from now on raise your hands . . . . er, . . . . . . say "I", . . .er, . . . . . . . . post.

dingle
Works for me. All those in favour of calling a "an affordable, well made, introductory submariner" a Neomariner from now on raise your hands . . . . er, . . . . . . say "I", . . .er, . . . . . . . . post.

We should call it the 'zenmariner' :lol:

sconehead

I...

...repland fame (or infamy) at last Zen...:)

ebzen02

Honestly, I thought flushing the tarry stool would do it, but we all know how that ended..

A Flattered..I.. For me..

Baldrick

See what you've started now, ya shit stirrer :)

ebzen02
See what you've started now, ya shit stirrer :)

I just thought I'd help you with your "Stop calling it a noobmariner" Public Announcement! Plus, I do enjoy making people a bit more confused and disoriented..Just a bad habit I guess..

Baldrick

I get confused and disoriented and slightly nostalgic for the 60's and Lenny Bruce when I look at your avatar :)

greg_r

Given how often this subject comes up, I think this thread is worth a sticky. It may not answer all the questions, but at least it adds to the confusion in a very satisfactory manner :lol:

sticky.jpg

Baldrick

+1 greg, agreed :blink:

ebzen02

Yup.. me too.. Thanks to Col, The Monkey, and Baldrick for there valuable input! The sticky bun is making crave! Shit I am hungry and I just ate.

Edit: Forgot Robert :blink:

jer2911tx

i found Narikaa's spot on the forum to check out her watches,

but didn't see a link for TTK.

does TTK have a link posted to check out his watches?

thanks

dingle

thanks

this ought to be good.....

:(

greg_r

thanks

Firstly, Narikaa is a HE not a she.

Secondly TTK is no longer in the rep business.

Thirdly, I ran out of popcorn, will pretzels do?

sconehead

Reg is really Maria?

:D

bmx5045

I just lost my N00bmariner... left it at a strip club. whooopsies

jdoe
It's become clear to me I don't contemplate the ins and outs of my navel anything like enough, I should also get a mirror on a stick and study my arsehole more often........................

telescoping%20mirror.jpg

Edited by jdoe

Showa321

So these Subs are worth a buy then?

ebzen02

Don't think there is such a thing as the original "noobmariner", however, for $100 you are getting an amazing sub from Reg!! I have one that I gave to my father-in-law and it is awesome... I did change the bezel insert to a better watchmaker one for just under $30..