Sign in to follow this  
OmegaOverlord

AP Royal Oak 15300 39mm

OmegaOverlord

So after browsing the forums for a while, I came across an AP 15300 for sale on the M2M market. The watch looked great and after a little bit of deliberation I took the plunge and agreed with the seller to purchase his 15300.

Now I was cautious over this sale I usually love my Omegas and Tags and this would be the first rep I have bought that is an AP.

I have always loved the design of the Royal Oak however in the past just never made that move to purchase it till now.

I have had the watch for a total of 24 hours and can officially say. I LOVE IT

Its gorgeous to look at feels great on the wrist and fits perfectly. The rep is astounding quality and for the low price I paid its great.

One small issue with it the crown is a little stiff when changing the date and time but other than thats its brilliant.

I do plan to do a longer more in-depth review after having owned the watch for at least a month however here are some initial shots of the lovely classic timepiece

w4pfZvJh.jpg

R0mlajeh.jpg

lCgS8jKh.jpg

DHoXNTxh.jpg

tomsegura

Looks Great I love the Royal Oak 15400 and 15300 series. Enjoy the watch!

Moondustesp

I want one of these. 39 is a great size

_DC_

Yeah 39mm is perfect proportions in my opinion. The only issue I have with this version is that the caseback is a lot thicker to accommodate the thicker engraved rotor. One of the great features of the gen is how slim it is, and this version doesn't live up to that. But it's a great rep other than that!!

DC

Moondustesp

Can you a 39 that is "gen" slim?

_DC_

Yeah the older 15300 rep, which has the same movement but with a slightly less decorated standard gold rotor, this was mine...

4B3F401D-9405-4F6D-BD7B-71CD83996F23_zpsdtcizjka.jpg

65E98BDB-2B19-481C-BB7D-CC4B58E78DB0_zpsnfe6qfqh.jpg

Admittedly the rotor is nowhere near as nice but it sits so nice and slim I the wrist, just like the gen!

DC

Moondustesp

With the black face! I want i want!

Moondustesp

New to this so a fair few watches on my hit list but this defo in it

flawless85

Yeah the older 15300 rep, which has the same movement but with a slightly less decorated standard gold rotor, this was mine...

4B3F401D-9405-4F6D-BD7B-71CD83996F23_zpsdtcizjka.jpg

65E98BDB-2B19-481C-BB7D-CC4B58E78DB0_zpsnfe6qfqh.jpg

Admittedly the rotor is nowhere near as nice but it sits so nice and slim I the wrist, just like the gen!

DC

Thanks for that!! I am looking for a model that has the correct case as I don't worry about the rotor at all.

But: Are you sure about the thickness? I found both models on Toro's website and here the dimensions are the other way round:

11mm thick and less decorated model with SWISS ETA:

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=700

9mm thick and more decorated model with ASIAN ETA

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=1121

Besides the 100 bucks differece, it seems that the ASIAN ETA has the thinner design and thus sits lower?!

Or has toro maybe mixed the dimensions?

Cheers

_DC_

^^ Pay no attention to Toros case thickness measurements, I have an AP 15202 that he lists as 11mm thick and it's actually 8mm thick, so you can't rely on them at all!!

DC

yippykayay2121

Hi op how much did you paid for this

flawless85

^^ Pay no attention to Toros case thickness measurements, I have an AP 15202 that he lists as 11mm thick and it's actually 8mm thick, so you can't rely on them at all!!

DC

Ok thanks! BTW, Toro just mailed me that both models are 39x9.5mm.

I think I will go with the asian eta and save the 100USD.

I am just waiting for my classic fusion to arrive and when I am happy, I will pull the trigger on that one:)

_DC_

DC

Ok thanks! BTW, Toro just mailed me that both models are 39x9.5mm.

I think I will go with the asian eta and save the 100USD.

I am just waiting for my classic fusion to arrive and when I am happy, I will pull the trigger on that one:)

I'll let you look at this comparison of the two watches and decide for yourself if you think they're the same thickness, to me it's pretty obvious that one is a lot thicker!!!

735489AB-662B-404E-BEE1-CE18EFF83A72_zpsczxca65t.jpg

DC

flawless85

I agree. I am sending a pic of the caseback to some TD's.. just to be sure..

Spackjarrow

So many watches. So little budget!!

Fat Bruno

i love 15300