Sign in to follow this  
SuperSalami

New AP's coming with A3126? Is this Good/Bad/Neutral?

SuperSalami

So I'm kind of bummed that I just ordered 2 new watches that have the standard A7750 and now I'm seeing in the new arrivals section that new AP's are coming with the A3126. The rotor on the A3126 looks amazing!!!!! I'm not sure if it's more reliable or not, but I'm glad to see what's hopefully an improvement for our future watch purchases.

With those of you in the know, are we happy with the new movement? I did an online search and mainly came up with sites just offering the new AP.

TrenHUB

In for discussion on this.

GenTLe

Just a standard 7750 with a fake plate that mimics the AP movement

Pure B

What Gentle sais

SuperSalami

Thanks guys!

So purely cosmetic? Same issues I've read about with the 7750?

UmpaHimself

Interesting. First the P.9000, now this. These guys will stop at nothing! Good for us :D

plankton

I have the itch to start with the AP's again. Question - over the last 2 years have the added jewels to the movement or does it really still need a service before you can wear it daily? If you guys recall I did a shit pile of AP's modded to the hilt and got sick of them. I didn't like the fact that the chrono would put too much pressure on the movement and they kind of where like owning a time-bomb. To be fair none ever broke but most I had Vac work on initially.

Thoughts....

Daywatch

Now it´s an even better looking paperweight than it was before :lmao:

kennycoder

I have the itch to start with the AP's again. Question - over the last 2 years have the added jewels to the movement or does it really still need a service before you can wear it daily? If you guys recall I did a shit pile of AP's modded to the hilt and got sick of them. I didn't like the fact that the chrono would put too much pressure on the movement and they kind of where like owning a time-bomb. To be fair none ever broke but most I had Vac work on initially.

Thoughts....

J12 has better hear mod than noob. As far as domi is concerned, he (I read so over at RWI) says it's quite ok to wear daily.

plankton

Thoughts....

J12 has better hear mod than noob. As far as domi is concerned, he (I read so over at RWI) says it's quite ok to wear daily.

Well I'm gonna try another one here shortly I guess, bracelet this time.

Poolsfinest

I have 4 J12's. No movement issues currently.

Had one arrive with an issue which was then sent back.

Barth

Thanks guys!

Yes, purely cosmetic. In the case of the AP 15400, it thickens the case, so no good.

_DC_

Thanks guys!

Yes, purely cosmetic. In the case of the AP 15400, it thickens the case, so no good.

In actual fact the one in the new 15400 is a decorated Miyota, and as the Miyota is thinner than the 2824 to start with the thickness on the new 15400 isn't any worse than the BP version from what I've seen!!

DC