Sign in to follow this  
tero2016

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean from Aliexpress

tero2016

Hello,

This is my first replica. I got it from Aliexpress.

Posting some pics here to get some comments feedback.

Thanks

vYnvAW.jpg

imgs6e.jpg

s57SLC.jpg

0TWZ21.jpg

nunu78

looks pretty decent but i dont know how much pay for this, as Reg (Narika) got the best bang for the bucks POs and submariners.

theslavetrainer

Great pics do you have the link-pm please.

Davidmac

I'd appreciate a link too please.

bakou

quite nice for a cheapie

tero2016

how´s the lume on this on? Picture?

Need to take pictures on that.

Works, but does not last long.

nivka

Could I please get the link too?

LightGeek

That pearl, oh my gosh.

SteveA

Get the pearl sorted and it's doable for a beater but won't fool anyone

frakius

Pearl is really bad and to me looks like the hour hand is too small. Hard to tell but the Bezel edges look more Rolex style than Omega Planet Ocean as well, too many compromises on this one for my liking.

Edited to add the crown looks like the one for the newer Planet Oceans? The older PO I think had a lot more indentation/grooves on it.

Was bored at work and made this from a gen picture, Gen is on the left.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by frakius

gmchris

Pearl is really bad and to me looks like the hour hand is too small. Hard to tell but the Bezel edges look more Rolex style than Omega Planet Ocean as well, too many compromises on this one for my liking.

Edited to add the crown looks like the one for the newer Planet Oceans? The older PO I think had a lot more indentation/grooves on it.

Untitled-1.jpg

I hope the OP isn't too disappointed at the flaws, if you love it - wear it.

BUT, this type of constructive criticism is exactly what I would like to see if I was the OP, too many times people post pics of a watch they like hoping to learn about it , just to get unhelpful posts like "watch sucks, get a gen" etc.

We need more of this. :)

BanDiDo

I hope the OP isn't too disappointed at the flaws, if you love it - wear it.

BUT, this type of constructive criticism is exactly what I would like to see if I was the OP, too many times people post pics of a watch they like hoping to learn about it , just to get unhelpful posts like "watch sucks, get a gen" etc.

We need more of this. :)

+1

JSJ

Untitled-1.jpg

Great analysis. If I may add another: the second hand is short.

I hope the OP still enjoys it. The spotlight here is very harsh. Most people would have heard of Omega and that's about it. They would have no idea about the tells, as we call them.

JerAnt

Completely agreed - very helpful comparison frakius.

frakius

Its true this has a lot of flaws but on a moving wrist I bet most are impossible to see and only a WIS/rep nerd will know them. I feel like the flaws are for me, I know what they are and they bother me, some people wouldn't mind them. There's a chap who runs the local pub where I live he's just got back from Thailand and he is sporting a shiny new Daytona, I am pretty sure it's a rep but can never get a long enough look at it to tell, it looks gen moving around on his wrist but I can't even see what numbers are on subdials etc, really showed me that reps on wrist unless total junk are very hard to spot.

ryaku

uhmm...yeah, not too bad for a cheapo. I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

shortbreadking

I agree with Frankius, no one ever looks that closely at any of mine at work or anywhere else other than one guy I work with, and he couldn't tell one of my cheapie Rolex's was a rep and he knows his stuff!

It is satisfying to have a rep as good as a gen though, or maybe a lot of us on the forum have minor OCD...

JSJ
I agree with Frankius, no one ever looks that closely at any of mine at work or anywhere else other than one guy I work with, and he couldn't tell one of my cheapie Rolex's was a rep and he knows his stuff!

It is satisfying to have a rep as good as a gen though, or maybe a lot of us on the forum have minor OCD...

Minor? :rofl: . You must be fucking joking.

Testomatic

Can I add gen parts to my OCD to make it look more gen-like ? :catfight:

JSJ

Can I add gen parts to my OCD to make it look more gen-like ? :catfight:

That would be pathetic, frankly.

tero2016

I can go along with those differences. Thanks for the feedback anyways!

philippe123

Very helpfull.

Way to go ....Job well done Frakius !

Replicaaustralia

THE BEST CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM I HAVE EVER SEEN ON THIS FORUM! YES! +2000

jbsails

Wow...this is a great thread. The comparison pix done by Frakius is awesome. I am not a big detail guy unfortunately and love what you guys do. It "ups" the game I think for the dealers and the manufacturers. Thanks

freddyfinger

Untitled-1.jpg

great post as a newbie found it very useful in terms on what to look out for when mine arrives