Sign in to follow this  
deja123

German speaking corner

deja123

to the mods...can´t we make a little german speaking corner like the french one?

Akira

Greg offered it to me allready some time ago.

I felt there wasn't really a need to seperate the group :itchyandscratchy:

But if you think it would help the German speaking members to answer questions,

talk about German modders (domi/finedd), shipping methods and costum issues, please tell me.

Or is there an other reason we could need a German speaking corner?

All other German members feel free to share your opinion as well.

spboudart

That would be great!

The French corner is a bit lonely in the International Zone...

deja123

... i think i could be interesting if maybe some guys here would to order for example the 288 and can better organize a group buy or something like that...i think here will be enough guys for a german corner?!

Brightlight

I think we should also have a Scottish corner tae where we kin blether tae oor herts content.

Akira

Scottland....Never heared of it.

Do they have a sportsteam or something?

Brightlight

Nah, but bagpipes, we have bagpipes. :) And Whisky................

Akira

Nah, but bagpipes, we have bagpipes. :) And Whisky................

Ahh this rings a bell :blink:

Baldrick

I'll tolerate ANY number of alternative language sub-forums, as long as when I, an (English speaker on an English speaking forum) hit the VIEW NEW TOPICS button do NOT get inundated with a fargin' mountain of German / Spanish / French / Italian / Japanese / Korean / Latvian / Uzbekhistan / Swahili / Welsh / posts asking WHO HAS THE BEST SUB till that can be programmed into the board software, NO FARGIN' WAY, if you want a German or any other one, go start your own forum :)

greg_r

Like I said to Akira - A German subforum is no problem provided:

a: there's enough interest

and b: there's someone (who speaks German :blink: ) to moderate it (Akira would get my vote).

Having said that, most of the German speakers here speak English better than most of the Americans, so there may not be any need :rofl:

:sofa:

Over to you, Akira ;)

Baldrick

Don't mention the War :blink:

matrixLe

good idea

mspangl

would be cool imo ;)

chum_2000_uk
I'll tolerate ANY number of alternative language sub-forums, as long as when I, an (English speaker on an English speaking forum) hit the VIEW NEW TOPICS button do NOT get inundated with a fargin' mountain of German / Spanish / French / Italian / Japanese / Korean / Latvian / Uzbekhistan / Swahili / Welsh / posts asking WHO HAS THE BEST SUB till that can be programmed into the board software, NO FARGIN' WAY, if you want a German or any other one, go start your own forum ;)

So, who has the best sub then Baldrick? I can ask you in Welsh as well if you like?

Baldrick

The Yanks, the Russian ones are all at the bottom of the Baltic Sea. ;)

Akira
WHO HAS THE BEST SUB till that can be programmed into the board software, NO FARGIN' WAY, if you want a German or any other one, go start your own forum :tease:

Baldrick are you seriously against a German speaking corner?

This discussion should not split the group or turn out into some nationality pride thing whatsoever.

greg_r

Balders is just having some fun, mate. Ultimately I think he's agreeing with what you said to me the other day :tease:

Dendo

I would be against it if we lose you guys and I welcome your perspective on things.

If you need it to support those with poor English - okay. But it is surprising how good your language skills are - why not have a section with English, French, German and Scottish translations. Noo that wid be braw. :tease:

greg_r
:tease:

Akira
I would be against it if we lose you guys and I welcome your perspective on things.

If you need it to support those with poor English - okay. But it is surprising how good your language skills are - why not have a section with English, French, German and Scottish translations. Noo that wid be braw. :rofl:

That is why I'm asking for deja's motivation.

All German members I know speak pretty good English,

But I don't know how many we have lurking around, who would appreciate important content to be translated.

Even if I would be choosen as a moderator, I personally would stick to the English speaking forum and only

use a "German Corner" to support other newbies :tease: and answer questions they can't phrase in English.

Or help with costum/shipping problems/questions.

Balad1

I would think there is little chance that German speakers will stop using the English speaking threads. I agree that there are probably some lurking that don't feel comfortable with English and we could bring them into the fold. I think it's a good idea.

cobn

hmm...

iam also from germany and i dislike the idea from seperated forums.

sooner or later, non of them will taking place in discussions in the non-german

threads. its like in the school days back in time when the italien, the russian, the

turks etc. etc. grouped all together in there nationalities and nobody liked each other

and after some month they were starting gang wars, selling other kids drugs...

ok stop. just joking :rofl:

but i think there some germans, that are afraid of typing/speaking english cause they

are ashamed of completly beeing missunderstood or writing some jibberish nonesense

and get laughed at. like myself...typing typing and typing, not a clue if the tense or the

vocabulary is right. but i keep on writing.

thats it, the guys here in this forum WILL and are willing to understand you. even its

german, russian, italien whatever jibberish :tease:

greg_r

hmm - looks like there are mixed views on this - which is pretty much what we expected when we discussed it a week or two back.

Akira mate, I'm going to trust your judgement and leave this up to you. If you think it's worthwhile and are willing to keep an eye on it for us, just let me know. :tease:

Akira

I would like to leave this thread for a few more days, to see if more German speaking members share their opinion.

Moreover I'd like Eiderdaus and atmos opinion on that topic.

I spoke to them about it before, but since then interests might have changed.

:)

Can someone please edit the spelling mistake in the Thread headline!

@ Deja

:baghead:

:rofl:

Baldrick
Baldrick are you seriously against a German speaking corner?
Balders is just having some fun, mate. Ultimately I think he's agreeing with what you said to me the other day

This discussion should not split the group or turn out into some nationality pride thing whatsoever.

I agree that there are probably some lurking that don't feel comfortable with English and we could bring them into the fold. I think it's a good idea.

You're not bringin them into the fold are you?, you're giving them their own little DMZ, lots of noobs get laughed at, why should Germans be any different, it's how you learn!

Unfortunately I'm not just having a wee joke, ANY new sub-forum detracts from the principal forum, we have members from Slovenia, Sweden, Denmark, Italy, Spain, et al, why do we not have sub-forums for them, when do we stop, I speak Gaelic. should I ask for a Gaelic section, I understand we already have a precedent with the French section, if it were up to me I wouldn't have granted that in the first place, this is first and foremost an English speaking forum, if I scour the web looking for a forum to discuss Android phones and all I can find is German discussion forums, then I make the choice to either learn German or ignore them, I don't go on it and ask them to create a sub-forum for English speakers, despite what prophets seers and sages claimed in the 80's that we'd all be speaking Mandarin by the turn of the century, we're not, English is the language of the Webnet, if you live in China, a lot of your browsing will be on Chinese websites, but if you want to wander further, you'll learn English as Mary / Lawrence / Trevor and others have done, if they can manage it, so can Ethels. JMO BIKIR.

If Germans have trouble with English and understanding what's being posted, let them PM other German members, they're not getting my li-lo and towel :baghead:

This place is rapidly turning into the other forums :)