Sign in to follow this  
deja123

German speaking corner

Akira

That is why I was asking, if you was serious, cause I'm not yet quite convinced of having a German corner either.

The biggest problems IMO are :

First the chance of dividing the group into their native speakers, while

forgetting we all speak the same language. Some better than others, but still.

Second it may turn out not really used at all.

So my suggestion might be some sticky's somewhere saying like "For (German/Greek/Spain....) Members"

And some suggestions and advices in their first language, maybe a member with the same first language to turn to for questions.

So there will be no posting or other language speaking around, and the less good English speaker may find some answers there.

What do you think?

spboudart
Even if I would be choosen as a moderator, I personally would stick to the English speaking forum and only

use a "German Corner" to support other newbies :) and answer questions they can't phrase in English.

Or help with costum/shipping problems/questions.

That's exactly how the French Quarter is working!

I might make a post there out of every 20 posts...

Haven't done any modding in it so far, BUT Jarnould, Wiz and myself (sorry for all the other I have forgotten) have helped out a lot of newbies who felt unconfortable asking their question in english.

I'm guessing, but I'm sure many french members will have close the door to this forum when first arrived if they didn't find the French quarter, and it's probably happening with a shitload of potential German member.

Trading watch item on Ebay, I deal often with Germans and when problems arise English is found to be not so natural to many...

@Baldrick:

You're an ASSHOLE, and this is well known from the whole community from a long long time...

You're an Old fart and the more old you're getting the more selfish you get...

Fora exist to help each other out, and this forum is not an English forum it's a watch forum!

Why should member not be able to fully appreciate their hobby because of a language barrier?

It's not because a post out of every 1000 will be in another laguage that it will denature RWG1.1!

Akira
That's exactly how the French Quarter is working!

I might make a post there out of every 20 posts...

Haven't done any modding in it so far, BUT Jarnould, Wiz and myself (sorry for all the other I have forgotten) have helped out a lot of newbies who felt unconfortable asking their question in english.

I'm guessing, but I'm sure many french members will have close the door to this forum when first arrived if they didn't find the French quarter, and it's probably happening with a shitload of potential German member.

Trading watch item on Ebay, I deal often with Germans and when problems arise English is found to be not so natural to many...

Good to hear this, I didn't know how many french newbies used it, because of language problems.

I always thought the French corner is rarely used, but seems like you guys

don't use it for chit-chat at all :)

spboudart

don't use it for chit-chat at all :)

Wasn't created in that purpose either!

Many of my fellow countrymen are lasy to speak other language, actually it's not really their fault, as the goverment doesn't do nothing to encourage it.

So when it comes to speak english: they're shy!

Some of the questions answered in the French Quarter are just about vocabulary...

Brightlight

don't use it for chit-chat at all :lol:

Wasn't created in that purpose either!

Many of my fellow countrymen are lasy to speak other language, actually it's not really their fault, as the goverment doesn't do nothing to encourage it.

So when it comes to speak english: they're shy!

Some of the questions answered in the French Quarter are just about vocabulary...

Have to agree here, most of the threads in the French Quarter are "Bonjour a tous" introductions, there are very few threads on any other subject and it is not used very much. And the French are second only to the British in reluctance to speak a foreign language!

The important thing is not to fragment the forum into little ghettos. If a German section was used in the same way as the French I can see no problem with it.

greg_r

+1 BL. My thoughts on the matter entirely.

Mystery Shopper

+2, could not agree more

Ich spreche nur 'hoch schuler' Deutsch aber ich will nach dem Deutsche ecke gehen als Baldrick einem arschnoch ist!

If I remember correctly, 'als' means 'when on repeated occasions'......

:lol::nana::D

JohnG

NO MORE FUCKING SUBFORUMS.

If you want to post in German, just post in the relevant forum and title your thread as follows:

DEUTSCH: Rolex 1610 Submariner - Wer bildet das beste?

In fact, I will take this opportunity to propose that we ELIMINATE all subforums except for Off Topic and General Discussion.

greg_r

Nope - the main subforums should remain English, please.

Proposal denied as usual :lol:

trailboss99
The Yanks, the Russian ones are all at the bottom of the Baltic Sea. B)

Actually, tho some regard the Virginia Class boats (subs are boats, never ships) to be the best subs most give that title to the British Astute Class boats.

article-1258678-08AA0C7E000005DC-103_634x286.jpg

Astute is the world's most technologically advanced submarine, and remains a great British achievement despite overspends and delays. It is the stealthiest Royal Navy submarine ever to go to sea and its highly advanced Sonar 2076 system - capable of detecting the QE2 leaving New York all the way from the English Channel - is superior to the U.S. Navy equivalent. It can carry 38 weapons - heavyweight Spearfish torpedoes and Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles. The latter have a range of 1,000 nautical miles - enough to reach 96 per cent of the planet's populated areas from the sea.

Baldrick
@Baldrick:

You're an ASSHOLE,

That may be the case, but at least I'm not a smelly arsed cheese eating surrender-monkey,ASSHOLE. like I give a fukk about YOUR opinion B)

and this forum is not an English forum it's a watch forum!

It's an ENGLISH speaking watch forum, which is why YOU are addressing me on the ENGLISH speaking forum and I'm ignoring your smelly arsed French SUB-FORUM, you HAVE to come here, I don't have to go there, now piss off before I break my New Year charm resolution, go eat another horse !

spboudart
@Baldrick:

You're an ASSHOLE,

That may be the case, but at least I'm not a smelly arsed cheese eating surrender-monkey,ASSHOLE. like I give a fukk about YOUR opinion B)

and this forum is not an English forum it's a watch forum!

It's an ENGLISH speaking watch forum, which is why YOU are addressing me on the ENGLISH speaking forum and I'm ignoring your smelly arsed French SUB-FORUM, you HAVE to come here, I don't have to go there, now piss off before I break my New Year charm resolution, go eat another horse !

That's all!

I'm sure you can do better or maybe you're getting older than I though...

trailboss99
this forum is not an English forum it's a watch forum

Yes, but is primarily an English speaking watch forum. I have no problemo with a German section tho.

The French have hardly taken over.

In fact, I will take this opportunity to propose that we ELIMINATE all subforums except for Off Topic and General Discussion.
Proposal denied

Ditto B)

Col.

Brightlight

I feel a war coming on, but I won't be the one to mention it! Oh wait....................B)

Baldrick

I told you , but perhaps your grasp of ENGLISH is not as good as you think, hence you didn't understand that I don't want to break my New Year's resolution, which is to be polite to arseholes, I'd insult you a little ore, but I'm sure you wouldn't understand, so I'll put it in French.

Enculé de merde B)

Yes, but is primarily an English speaking watch forum. I have no problemo with a German section tho.

The French have hardly taken over.

I'm not suggesting for a minute it has, I'm simply saying where do you draw the line, I'd like a dedicated music section, a film section, I'm sure JohnG as he suggested would like a scatological section, if you grant a German section, what happens when the Italians and the Quebecois start kicking off.

If any German / French or Italian members have difficulty with ENGLISH. let them post it in pidgin' English AND their native tongue, then all the little altruists can answer in their own language, heck some of the English speaking members here are multi-lingual, even to the extent of speaking 'dead' languages such as French, myself included, so there should be no shortage of answers :thumbsup2:

I feel a war coming on

What, with Johnny-onion seller and the Ethels, gime a break, those lot have had their arses handed to them on a plate too often :D

spboudart
I told you , but perhaps your grasp of ENGLISH is not as good as you think, hence you didn't understand that I don't want to break my New Year's resolution, which is to be polite to arseholes, I'd insult you a little ore, but I'm sure you wouldn't understand, so I'll put it in French.

Enculé de merde B)

You better actually, because if I come across the channel to visit your ass, you'll have to change you username from Baldrick to:

NOBALLSNODICK

Baldrick

Oooh, a FIGHTING Frenchman, that's novel, I'm quivering in my boots, besides which ya dopey arsehole, there ain't no Channel YOU could cross, if you paid more attention to the ENGLISH forum, instead of being all Vichy on your French SUB-forum, you'd realise that, but let me guess, vous êtes un mercennaire ex de légion étrangère et vous pourriez donner un coup de pied mon âne, non.? :thumbsup2:

you gotta hand it to the French, they talk up a good fight B)

spboudart
Oooh, a FIGHTING Frenchman, that's novel, I'm quivering in my boots, besides which ya dopey arsehole, there ain't no Channel YOU could cross, if you paid more attention to the ENGLISH forum, instead of being all Vichy on your French SUB-forum, you'd realise that, but let me guess, vous êtes un mercennaire ex de légion étrangère et vous pourriez donner un coup de pied mon âne, non.? :thumbsup2:

you gotta hand it to the French, they talk up a good fight B)

No more swearing, you can do that too!

Onthe other hand I have no idea why you would want me to hurt any donkey of yours!!!!!

Or it just might be a GOOGLE translation bug!

That's why you answer took so long, points to you for trying...

But without the swearing stuff, and you calming down, I'm starting to get bored, I was having so much fun!!!

Baldrick

Fun, the french don't know how to have fun, you see that's where you fall down I could have used arse, cul, but you see, it's been so long since I've spoken your DEAD language, that I forgot cul, BTW, I'm calm, you're the arsehole that's threatening to come across the Channel, I think you tried that on a few occasions and failed spectacularly, I look forward to another magnificent failure on your part B)

spboudart

Still bored!

Baldrick

You're still replying to ME on the ENGLISH forum, wossup, things a little quiet on the French SUB-forum, all quiet on the Western Front is it, ran out of cheese have you, you can always practice that other great French hobby, nose-picking B)

spboudart

New hobby now:

Picking on english speaking old fart!

Brightlight
Fun, the french don't know how to have fun, you see that's where you fall down I could have used arse, cul, but you see, it's been so long since I've spoken your DEAD language, that I forgot cul, BTW, I'm calm, you're the arsehole that's threatening to come across the Channel, I think you tried that on a few occasions and failed spectacularly, I look forward to another magnificent failure on your part B)

He clearly doesn't know the difference between his cul and his Elba...................

Baldrick

B)

none of them do, BL, :thumbsup2:

Baldrick
New hobby now:

Picking on english speaking old fart!

:thumbsup2: You'll need a much better grasp of ENGLISH, not to mention a few more brain cells B)

C'mon,, I'm waiting, wossup ?