Sign in to follow this  
mattheis

Tudor Submariner 76100

mattheis

Just picked this Tudor Oysterdate up from a m2m sale, the case was out-of-the-box clean so I wanted to give it a 30-year hard life look. I updated the sterile crown to an Athaya 702 crown, shaved the crownguards, beatup the case and plexi. stained the dial markers and matte varnished the dial (which appears to be a RafflesTime dial), as well as stained the datewheel so it is more cream than bright white. The insert is temporary and will be replaced because it faded to more of a blue than I wanted it to, I was hoping for a matte grey, And Im not happy with how the pearl turned out. All I need now is the correct caseback to replace the sterile one that it came with, drill out the lugs, and to keep working the case and plexi with cape cod (I went a little overboard on the edges of the plexi, I must have run into a lot of door jams while I was wearing it :P ).

Not too bad for a cheap pickup.

L7GJVKa.jpg

GOwqSNo.jpg

rVbmmQO.jpg

LYfksw1.jpg

Mr. Genesis

I think it looks amazing! How did you fade the bezel insert? It looks like it's just faded in the ''center'' and I like it :)

edit: Oh and where did you get that strap? Everything is just so perfect with this watch! :o

Edited by Mr. Genesis

Martijn0007
:drool:

rusky27

Magic peice there mate!

Kmac

Bezel looks like bleach and 2000 grit sandpaper