Sign in to follow this  
Huds

Newbie Joined up for advice

Huds

Hi all thought i`d introduce myself, I`ve joined up as i`ve been looking at replicas , The Tag carrera and Rolex Submariner inparticular and something for the mrs . I had been looking at a site called Yallwatch.com and found this site when looking for reviews on there trustworthyness, anyone had any dealings with them?, though I have now found the trusted dealers list on here so I will prob order from one of them . I have one original Tag but can`t afford to start collecting any more so thought this would be a good way to build a collection. Anyone recommend a watch that is a particularly good copy or are they pretty much the same ?

Thanks and any advice gladly recieved

Nathan

greg_r

Yallwatch are scammers - we've banned them for spamming us (and trying to scam our members) more than once.

Stick to the trusted dealer list, you'll be a lot safer :rofl:

There's a lot of good reps around. Probably the best at present is the Breitling SuperOcean Heritage v2 - it's pretty much indistinguishable from the gen. There's wide variation between different models though - some are better than others. If you are after a Rolex, there's a lot of decent watches around - ranging from good value cheapies up to some really high quality stuff if you're willing to pay for it - take a look at Timesshop's Rolex special offers and BK's watch garage to see some of the range available at either end of the market. You'll find their subforums linked from the home page of the board

Have a good read of the board and let us know if you have any questions. Welcome to RWG! :tease:

Fiddo

Hello and Welcome!

:baghead:

Stick with the Trusted Dealers and you'll be OK.

Huds

Thanks for the welcome and advice, I`m defo ordering a submariner this eve and probably a tag f1 plus either a tag or gucci for the Mrs !!, I can see this becoming expensive. I`ve been reading up about all the movements etc but can`t find anything about the differences in japan quartz and swiss quartz`s or is a quartz a quartz ? Think Ill be getting them all from timesshop.

dingle

;)

welcome to the nuthouse :popcorn:

AllergyDoc

Most often the watches with Swiss movements--vs. Asian--have been cases. I think it's especially true of quartz. Mechanical movements, not so much.

Time-keeping-wise, the Asian quartz should work as well as the Swiss and be cheaper to replace should it ever konk out.

johnty_2011
Hi all thought i`d introduce myself, I`ve joined up as i`ve been looking at replicas , The Tag carrera and Rolex Submariner inparticular and something for the mrs . I had been looking at a site called Yallwatch.com and found this site when looking for reviews on there trustworthyness, anyone had any dealings with them?, though I have now found the trusted dealers list on here so I will prob order from one of them . I have one original Tag but can`t afford to start collecting any more so thought this would be a good way to build a collection. Anyone recommend a watch that is a particularly good copy or are they pretty much the same ?

Thanks and any advice gladly recieved

Nathan

Hi Nathan

Yes I have had the unfortuate "pleasure" of dealing with James (if that's really his name) from Yallwatch. I ordered a Rolex Submariner on the 23rd November 2010 and Im still waiting for delivery I have emailed so many times and this "james" person always reply's Its been sent and its on its way Errrrr me thinks not!!! I know its coming from Hong Kong but if you delivered it yourself in person it would be here by now Save yourself some money mate Go to somewhere other than yallwatch com as they are a ROBBING BUNCH OF CROOKS!!! I personally dont know where to go for your watch but Im sure someone out there can recommend someone. Good Luck

Johnty

Member X

Johnty, you might actually get a watch as a lot of parcels are backed up in China from Christmas, but it will probably be not very good quality, if it arrives at all. What did you buy? How much did you pay?

Did you pay by Credit Card? You might be able to charge back, either way.

If you still want to buy replicas, review the Trusted Dealer listings here! :)

Member X
Thanks for the welcome and advice, I`m defo ordering a submariner this eve and probably a tag f1 plus either a tag or gucci for the Mrs !!, I can see this becoming expensive. I`ve been reading up about all the movements etc but can`t find anything about the differences in japan quartz and swiss quartz`s or is a quartz a quartz ? Think Ill be getting them all from timesshop.

Hi :)

In my opinion, I wouldn't order anything for a couple weeks to a month, at least - it stops you making mistakes you later regret because you have time to get familiar with all the different watches available, and the different movements and their prices! Read the Movements Guide in the Stickies in the Watch Repair section and it will help a bit :)

There's plenty of time to buy and only every so often does something stop being made, so don't jump in with both feet till you are aware of all the options as there's no hurry! ;)

ebzen02

You have made it to the safe house..aka nuthouse..your chances of being scammed have drastically diminished! Stick to the trusted dealers and you should be fine.. Have fun and remember to post your very first loot..

capice

hi and welcome, take every advice to heart....when i joined RG and RWG I bought 10 watches the first 2 weeks, just being addicted at the first glance. Later you read and learn about the better reps.........

KBH

I wonder if that James is the same idiot from BestSwiss? What a tool.

Anyways, welcome to the forum.

greg_r
I wonder if that James is the same idiot from BestSwiss? What a tool.

Anyways, welcome to the forum.

Nope, different idiot. I've had conversations with both of 'em... :)

pollux1

Robert's DSSD at $149 is a bit of a steal at the moment if you wanna take a different Rolex route. Lay's $88 same model is meant to be great too but I think it's low beat, Oh and welcome to the best forum there is!