Sign in to follow this  
Chiquita Fanjita

New White Diver

Chiquita Fanjita

Having recently tried on the gen prototype No. 0000 of the new white AP Diver, I really liked it and wondered how long it would be before the rep arrived. I didn't have too long to wait, with it being released pretty much at the same time as the gen.

It looks great, but one major flaw that stands out a mile and stops me from getting one, is that datewheel. How the hell can they manage to get the colour of the DW wrong? This is from the JF factory as well, who I tend to find are better than the Noob factory. Think I'll hold on and see if the v2 follows soon with the correct DW.

Rep

New%20White%20Diver_zps1dyq6dsc.jpg

Gen

New%20White%20Diver%20Gen_zps3qwlgmrx.jpg

skywalker710

That's one major flaw.. Thank you for sharing this vital piece of information.. Hope they get it right the 2nd time around.

Lt. Dan

How would thye sell the V2 if they didn't make a "mistake" on the V1 ? :giggle:

Del

Geez, what a cock-up. :facepalm:

plankton

Well that's a pretty significant flaw............................................... error error....................................................................... put this one my do not buy list.

Martijn0007

The black datewheel actually looks better imo, but indeed a big flaw!

Chiquita Fanjita

That's one major flaw.. Thank you for sharing this vital piece of information.. Hope they get it right the 2nd time around.

No worries. Really hope they do, cos other than that it looks great.

How would thye sell the V2 if they didn't make a "mistake" on the V1 ? :giggle:

:lol: true mate.

Geez, what a cock-up. :facepalm:

I know mate, even Stevie Wonder could've seen the difference!

Chiquita Fanjita

Well that's a pretty significant flaw............................................... error error....................................................................... put this one my do not buy list.

If they sort it, it will definitely be on my wanted list.

The black datewheel actually looks better imo, but indeed a big flaw!

They both look pretty good TBH, but just seems to be a massive error.

black263

Does that mean that the cheapie I bought ages ago is no longer a fantasy? (and it has the correct DW colour!)

AP_zpsb9acc993.jpg

Chavezzito

Does that mean that the cheapie I bought ages ago is no longer a fantasy? (and it has the correct DW colour!)

AP_zpsb9acc993.jpg

You are still missing the black part on the 20, 30...ring.

Chiquita Fanjita

Kinda, although the original white "fantasy" Diver has different coloured hands, different indices colour, inner bezel doesn't have black section, DW surround isn't black, has date magnifier and doesn't have open caseback. Other than that they're similar'ish :D

black263

Kinda, although the original white "fantasy" Diver has different coloured hands, different indices colour, inner bezel doesn't have black section, DW surround isn't black, has date magnifier and doesn't have open caseback. Other than that they're similar'ish :D

At least it's white. When mine came out, that was kind of a give-away at 30 paces and a one second glance. Now that AP have gone down the white route, it's just a matter of time before they copy the other minor details..

elputoii

I do not really Like it